Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, i was looking at some posts on here by someone I personally know. We were together for a short period of time. Can't even really say that we were together, it was more of a trial run as he put it. Anyhow, I was kind of down in the dumps so I called him up. I was talking and was really happy. When I said good bye I said that i love him. Which that can't be considered bad because it is still true. My confusion point came when he said it back. He literally never said it back before. Or at least if he did it was rare and shortly after he would address that it wasn't in a serious way. Well I was reading some of his old posts. I got frustrated with some responses he received. He mentioned how he ended things between us and that i took it well. Tbh I didn't take it well at all. And though it has been 3 months I still miss him enormous amounts. I only seemed to take it so well because I was living with him. I wish he didn't think that I don't hurt without him hear by my side. I wish he knew that I call him daily cuz I miss his voice. but I wish so much to be in his arms. And i am so confused cuz i know i should not hold on but I just can't let go. Can someone please help me with this. I don't want to miss him so much. I don't know how to just let go of those feelings.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
As difficult as this will be, you have to accept that it is over and that he's not coming back to you. He ended it for one reason or another, and i believe that if people are meant to be together, then they will be. When my ex gf broke up with me i had to keep as busy as possible, whether it was playing a sport, watching a movie, listening to music, spending time with friends. I think that being alone can be really bad after a break up because you constantly dwell on where you think you went wrong, but maybe it had nothing to do with you in the first place. Maybe he had some problems of his own that he had to work out. Maybe he is a commitment phobe or had his heart broken in the past. I know of a lot of guys who said they loved a girl, but didn't mean it for a second. To be honest with you, a lot of guys don't know what romantic love is, or have a very skewed view of it.

Reactions: Neon Rainbows

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Stalking never makes a person feel better. It's only going to make you hurt more because he's having a conversation without you, and like most people, he's thinking more about the person he's talking to than anything else. You, reading his posts are reading them as if they still had a lot to do with you, and were said as if you were in his presence.

It's a recipe for hurt.

I think like most people (myself included) you're going to do this a few more times. That kind of pain, mixed with the soft touch of their presence is pretty alluring. It'll pass. All things do. Even if they feel like emotional kidney stones.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it so very frustrating. I try so hard to let him go. It has been 4 months since we ended it. I'm not sure why I cannot stop missing him. He seems to have a hold on me that I just can't figure out.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I find it so very frustrating. I try so hard to let him go. It has been 4 months since we ended it. I'm not sure why I cannot stop missing him. He seems to have a hold on me that I just can't figure out.
My experience with the ends of relationships/crushes/limerences is that it goes from being an every day pain for a couple months, to something you think about once a week, to something you only think about when a trigger sets it off which will probably occur at about the year point.

Perhaps you should be considering getting out and about, dating or doing something to entertain yourself. Otherwise, you're just going to keep stewing in your memories and emotions. Or, maybe, you need some kind of ceremony to give yourself closure like throwing away some token item, or deleting your computer history to rid all the links to stuff you've looked at, hoping the memory will fade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts