Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am a ISTP male, im 19 and i’m from France.

I do not know what to do in my life, I do not like my studies in Management & Economics but I still have good grades without doing anything.

This year, I call "my worst year of my life", because I lost all my friends, I wanted to start a business with friends but I realized they were not motivated so I lost money for nothing.

My first love relationship was a failure (with a ISTP Girl for 6 month), The failure was because, because I felt not free and she either, but she loved me immensely until she realized that with her I was not really free and that she held me back. But now I love her a lot but I hate her at the same time, because I think she is the perfect woman even if we were the same and very different at the same time.

Even if our relationship is over in the violence and I spoke to her more than 4 months ago, I feel like I still love her but she's not. :-(
I do not dare talk to her because I have not changed and it would be too uncomfortable.

But now, I want to create something for myself.

I want to start a business in contre-espionage consulting.
Why ?

When I was a teenager, I was a "crook" as a forger and in the corporate scam.

I have competences in lock picking, in scamming, in financial fraud…

Like Neal Caffrey in « White Collar » series, but in in the financial and administrative scam.

I would offer services :
- Physical « Pentest »
- Consulting in physical and it security
- Corporate Scam training and methods how to fight against it
- Idividuals Scam training and methods how to fight against it
- Spying on suspicious employees

What do you think ?

I do not know if it's a good idea, but I really have a kind of "depression" that leads me to procrastinate and regret that I did not act, then it will give me a reason to see the girl again or is it better that I forget her ?

I would like some advice on the life of ISTP from people older than me.

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I'm 30. I have no idea where my life is going... I only care if it takes me places or not.

Reactions: pos

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm 42 and I don't know where my life is going either. I have a problem free life, which for a lot of people would be a delight, but ironically for a problem solver, is rather boring.

I love working out and for the rest I just do nothing, except for challenging myself on different area's.

Welcome to an ISTP's life I would say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see, me too but like as you said "but ironically for a problem solver, is rather boring. "

I can solve business problems for anyone but i can't solve mine because i am always unsatisfied, but if i become rich, i didn't know what i will do with money... maybe buy a house, a motocycle and food but I am an antisocial person but I have a lot of confidence in myself...

A strange life where I have the solution to my problems, but I know that it will take a lot of time to solve all that so I do nothing ...

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
702 Posts
I'm 23, recently finished my master's degree. My current plan is to do a PhD in political science (focusing on security-related topics, e.g. terrorism). Assuming I get into a program I'll have something to do for 5-7 years but I haven't seriously thought about what comes after.

I like your business idea. I think it could work, provided you can attract customers. Since you're a one-man team for now, maybe focus on 1-2 services or go by customer preference. And of course, make sure you know what laws to watch out for so you don't accidentally end up in jail. You may want to consult with a lawyer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 23, recently finished my master's degree. My current plan is to do a PhD in political science (focusing on security-related topics, e.g. terrorism). Assuming I get into a program I'll have something to do for 5-7 years but I haven't seriously thought about what comes after.

I like your business idea. I think it could work, provided you can attract customers. Since you're a one-man team for now, maybe focus on 1-2 services or go by customer preference. And of course, make sure you know what laws to watch out for so you don't accidentally end up in jail. You may want to consult with a lawyer.
Tank you, yes the law is important, i made some contact with ex french "FBI" employees, they say is a good idea and they suggest me to start studies for 2 year to be a private investigator then i can spy legally civilians not only employees for corporations and i can have police database for my investigations.

But i don't know if it's good to stop my studies in management, because i can have a good job after my master degree but if my business works, i will drop out for investigator or secret services studies :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Okay, but let me tell you about truth, being interpreneur = more work, not less work.
So if you can't work more than 60 hours per week with your task (with distruption ofc), I don't think it's healthy for your mental health.

So, if you find yourself, you can to this task all day long, then go for it.
If you can't stay focus on your task for long hours, I think find some challenging jobs with good amount of payment.

By the way the brokeup, let me guess: repressed anger and boom?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, but let me tell you about truth, being interpreneur = more work, not less work.
So if you can't work more than 60 hours per week with your task (with distruption ofc), I don't think it's healthy for your mental health.

So, if you find yourself, you can to this task all day long, then go for it.
If you can't stay focus on your task for long hours, I think find some challenging jobs with good amount of payment.

By the way the brokeup, let me guess: repressed anger and boom?
Yes, i know if being entrepreneur i have more hours, it's not a problem for me, if i do what i love i didn't count my hours (seriously, for any tasks i didn't count my hours).

I don't really know if i can have a big amount of earning but i think i can enjoy of my work and learn something more interesting for me.

let me guess: repressed anger and boom?

Yes, for both of us

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, i know if being entrepreneur i have more hours, it's not a problem for me, if i do what i love i didn't count my hours (seriously, for any tasks i didn't count my hours).

I don't really know if i can have a big amount of earning but i think i can enjoy of my work and learn something more interesting for me.

let me guess: repressed anger and boom?

Yes, for both of us
Well, if you enjoy the task, then go for it. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
702 Posts
Tank you, yes the law is important, i made some contact with ex french "FBI" employees, they say is a good idea and they suggest me to start studies for 2 year to be a private investigator then i can spy legally civilians not only employees for corporations and i can have police database for my investigations.

But i don't know if it's good to stop my studies in management, because i can have a good job after my master degree but if my business works, i will drop out for investigator or secret services studies :)
Sounds awesome and exciting. I had no idea about these kinds of careers when I was 19. Kind of jealous. lol

I majored in economics as an undergraduate. Although I didn't use it to get a job, it's useful in the sense that it's a broad field and you can connect it to a lot of different fields and industries. If I had the interest I could apply for jobs in banking, investing, consulting, government, research, etc. Investigator/secret services studies is more narrow and you might have fewer career options if you drop out. So it would be useful to have the economics/management degree just in case, as a backup. But yep, if the business idea goes well, why not just go for it. No point in postponing something truly exciting for a "backup."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds awesome and exciting. I had no idea about these kinds of careers when I was 19. Kind of jealous. lol

I majored in economics as an undergraduate. Although I didn't use it to get a job, it's useful in the sense that it's a broad field and you can connect it to a lot of different fields and industries. If I had the interest I could apply for jobs in banking, investing, consulting, government, research, etc. Investigator/secret services studies is more narrow and you might have fewer career options if you drop out. So it would be useful to have the economics/management degree just in case, as a backup. But yep, if the business idea goes well, why not just go for it. No point in postponing something truly exciting for a "backup."
Yes, you right now i work for my idea and i have motivation to start it. I just need to find some clients and it's not easy. :=

1 - 16 of 16 Posts