Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like how they lick my face/hands/legs and follow me around. They get in the way when I'm trying to cook or exersice (my roomate's dog MOUNTED me when I attempted to do pilates on my yoga mat LOL) . My roomates dog begs me for food when I cook... and he jumps on everyone who comes in the house.

Any way....there's that.

I'm not a big animal lover which is kind of uncommon I think? Actually I love animals in that I enjoy learning about them and observing them at a distance and appriciating their beauty but have no desire to own one and keep it in my house. It seems like people do it for companionship but I have trouble finding companionship in things that cant speak or have a convo with me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
lol Sounds like my family's dogs. I was once eating a sandwich and stupidly put the hand holding the sandwich down. That's when my dog chomped the entire sandwich and my hand with it. I had to let go quickly, so he got the sandwich, lol.

Our dogs would be great if my family actually put the effort into training. I know that if you refuse to feed your puppy scraps from the dinner table as soon as you get it, the puppy will eventually learn not to beg you/follow you around. Has to be from the beginning though. Not sure about the yoga one though. I think my dog does it because I come down to her eye-level.

I think a lot of dog-owners don't realize the responsibility acquired when getting a dog. Like you, I don't plan on getting any pets. I'd much rather appreciate them from afar. Plus the fur! The fur is everywhere. It can't be helped.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Never really was an animal person. Well I was all hype about a hampster when I was 7... a week later I fed up with him and gave him away. Good times.

Too much of a hassle to keep one, to play around when you don't want. it has will of it's own and doesn't follow every command, how ridiculous is that!!!

Speaking of animals I really don't like them. All they do is eat, poop and sleep. A lot of that filth sits on facebook wasting brainpower, other s are just living resources or gullible money source.

I'm not an elitist I swear! xD

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
Haha, unwanted intimacy with other species. I love dogs, but they always want to poke you in the crotch with their snout, paw you, and lick your butt.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I almost lost an eye to a poorly trained dog. He bit me about half a centimeter above my eyebrow and I bled profusely. So I agree.

But I'm not big on unwanted physical contact as it is, and dogs are way too intrusive in general. That's why I like cats.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
In general, I'm not a dog person.
I think they're cute. I've spent a good amount of time with dogs, and I like them fine. For some reason no matter once I'll want to pet the dog and talk to it and pay more attention to it than a human.
But I would never own a dog.
They're just too high maintenance for me.
Too much slobber, noise, and general energy.
Today I saw a puppy my aunt is fostering for a shelter. It's adorable. Super fluffy and silly. Like, you can't look at that kind of creature and not smile. But it also isn't terribly affectionate yet and it chews on like, everything (including hands and ankles), and I personally wouldn't want to look after it forever.

Cats on the other hand, I love. I adore my cat. He's sweet and cute and soft and seems to genuinely like me. There are few things better than sitting with a purring cat.

But for the most part I agree with what you're saying about watching and learning from a distance.
Y'know what makes me really mad? People adopting hedgehogs.
They adopt them because they are cute, but that is literally the only thing that makes them a decent pet.
They are smelly, they are nocturnal, they are expensive considering how long they live, they are nocturnal, they aren't cuddly or friendly, they are nocturnal, if you try and get them to be awake during the day you are being cruel. But people adopt them anyway.
I hate that people adopt pets and then give them up like they're toys. They're living creatures. If you adopt a pet you should commit to it and give it the best home you can.

But one of my favorite things to do at work is stare at this tortoise. Her name is Alice. She's amazing.
All she does is sit there. People think she's fake. Then she moves her head and everyone freaks out and gets excited. Imagine living a life where people freak out when you move your head a tiny bit. Just imagine.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I like ALL animals.
Specially violent ones, that means I can kick their ass without getting yelled at.
I remember when I was 15 this giant-ass pitbull went all RAWIMAHEATYOU. So I broke her jaw, well dislocated it.
Also filed an aggressive dog complaint.
Also peed on her a couple of times to assert dominance and piss off my friend.

hmm... now that I think about it, I've never fought a wild animal bigger than a frigging wolf.
I probably shouldn't...

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I don't like how they lick my face/hands/legs and follow me around. They get in the way when I'm trying to cook or exersice (my roomate's dog MOUNTED me when I attempted to do pilates on my yoga mat LOL) . My roomates dog begs me for food when I cook... and he jumps on everyone who comes in the house.

Any way....there's that.

I'm not a big animal lover which is kind of uncommon I think? Actually I love animals in that I enjoy learning about them and observing them at a distance and appriciating their beauty but have no desire to own one and keep it in my house. It seems like people do it for companionship but I have trouble finding companionship in things that cant speak or have a convo with me.
Uhg this is one of my biggest pet peeves!! I hate poorly trained pets, but dogs are at the top of the list even before horses. Nothing more annoying than being scratched, licked or growled at unexpectedly when you walk in the door. And I also am not a big fan of pets. I think I'd like to own a pet snake someday - a smallish non-venomous one like a corn snake. They're pretty. Also, much easier poops to deal with and they don't get anxious being kept inside a house or living without friends. Dogs are pack animals; it's truly shameful in my eyes that people keep them locked indoors away from others of their kind.

1,162 Posts
I like well trained dogs and find it extremely irritating when people get pets that need training and then neglect to do so.

My cats can be turds though, but I think that comes with the territory.

·
Registered
ENTP
3,276 Posts
I have two dogs but I also have a big yard where they can play and exercise and poop as much as they want. They're trained professionally or anything, but they do listen to me. And I'm getting a new puppy this week too yay.
I love all animals, and it really bothers me when people get pets and they don't act responsibly towards them. If you're too lazy to take your dog for a walk or clean your cat's litter box, don't get a pet, it's simple.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I never understood the logic behind buying a pet that you have no ability to train..it makes no sense. Or when people buy them and dont take care of them. I also think Im uncomfortable with the idea of having to take care of something all the time (LOL I'm gonna make a great mom one day guys).

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
And I never understood the logic behind buying a pet that you have no ability to train..it makes no sense. Or when people buy them and dont take care of them. I also think Im uncomfortable with the idea of having to take care of something all the time (LOL I'm gonna make a great mom one day guys).
Just find a dad for them who's patient. That's my plan.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you guys have any friends that have those little annoying dogs who bark constantly and lick you then the owner expects u to be like "OMG, what a cute little precious thing!! Come let me pick you up and spaz out all over my clothes and tongue kiss me with your bad breath! "?

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
My poor dog is currently sick. She had a bad reaction to some flea meds that my mom irresponsibly put on her. She's doing a lot better, but her joints are still sore and she can't jump up on furniture. Like my bed for instance.

So I've been sleeping on the floor so she can snuggle up next to my legs.

Animals are my weakness

1 - 20 of 39 Posts