Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(The previous thread I posted was a mistake- I thought I was ESFP. Never mind)

I don't really think I'm an ENFP so I was wondering if you guys actually thought I would be something else. I'm also confuzzled about some things.

I read on a thread that was pointing out the differences between INFP and ENFP and they said that if you're an introvert you prefer to spend time alone, to read, create art, write e.t.c. and if you're an extravert you love to experience new things, you're enthusiastic and happy and love to spend time with other people. I am happy and enthusiastic but only around my closest friends. I think strangers see me as more laid back and serious, but only my closest friends know how hyper I am. But I'm also like an introvert. I love to spend time by myself. A lot of teenagers love to hang out and go to town with their friends every weekend but I prefer to be by myself. I love reading and I'm quite artistic. I get nervous when meeting new people and if I have to talk a lot in front of others I get very nervous. I love finding out new things and I have a hungry desire for knowledge. All I care about is being smart. I'm also an extreme perfectionist, and I often re-do my work twice in every single lesson to get it perfect (I know, I'm sad)

I also think I'm a bit like ISFP, but I'm not very sure.

Could you guys help?
Thanks
Davana

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
ehh, i think being a teenager is too mucky in and of itself to sort mbti types through that mess.

what i can say is that if you aren't expecting to have a good time out, or dislike the type of activity your friends get up to, you just aren't going to want to go out, why the hell should you? again with the fact that you're a teenager, i wouldn't read too much into being nervous around new people and talking in front of people, that's natural and normal for a lot of people when you're young.. it's something you may well find your feet in over time and experience- that's certainly something that took time to happen with me during my teens ( i was by far the most nervous person to read in class in my early years and would embarrassingly shake and stutter, until i took a public speaking course and practiced until i improved- now i relish the opportunity for public speaking, gives me a buzz). social skills are something you just pick up along the way too, if you don't believe me look at Tom Hanks, he was said to be incredibly shy through school, and now he's "the nicest man in america".

some people find their feet in high school, some find their feet at uni or at work. as for being a perfectionist with school work- you lucky git, wish i'd been like that, i was always considered "intelligent" at school and thought i could half-ass it through, which was true for most of it, but i at a certain point it does become all about how hard you work, so you are so so lucky to have that inclination because it will hold you in incredibly good stead and it may not seem like it now but it'll pay back exponentially with every year you get older.

but anyway, back to the actual topic- personally i think this type of question in your teens is too difficult to tell through a forum, particularly when the person themselves doesn't have a good idea about themselves yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I re-did the Myers Briggs personality test and it listed me as an ENTP so that's why I didn't feel like an ENFP. First I thought I was an ENSP (Memory mistake) then ENFP and now ENTP. What's going to be next?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I re-did the Myers Briggs personality test and it listed me as an ENTP so that's why I didn't feel like an ENFP. First I thought I was an ENSP (Memory mistake) then ENFP and now ENTP. What's going to be next?
Davana, what was the outcome of your first test result? If it was enfp, chances are good that you are indeed enfp!! I read somewhere that enfp's often wonder whether they're infj, and so on. They say thats how u know you're an enfp. ~ and also, you shouldnt take the test again and again and again in a pursuit to check whether your results was correct (I'm also guilty lol). You should give it a few months!

We (enfp's) also tend to be a bit 'confused' / 'paranoid' / indecisive.

Hope that help...?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm experiencing this phase, and discovering that I'm an ENTP. I'm a teen, though I need a little more assurance for the approval. :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah what you have to do is get really wasted so your brain can slow down for a little bit and then take the test so you're not constantly overthinking the questions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts