Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay, so a while back, I had this IS F/T J friend. She's an artist. I tried to be friends with her and she seemed really nice [and at times, too overly polite; not criticizing b/c of others feelings blah, blah....]. But, in truth, I just never really got her. I am [not to brag] a better artist than her, as far as accuracy and creativity goes, and she never really seemed to think outside of the box. I still don't get this. How can you be so satisfied with your works if you never experiment with different things! I tried to get her to add a background, or draw a guy with facial hair, but no. Gah!

She also never wanted to offer constructive criticism, and so, when I did this, I felt like a bad person! Wow, that just sounded really arrogant, but whatever. I'm on a rant. It was nice to talk to someone about real topics [i.e. what art is, philosophy ect.], but she never seemed to want to offer anything. She always said, "Well, it's hard to judge art because there are so many different styles......" Blah blah blah. You should be able to judge art by the impression it make on you right? Agh!

Do you find that you can't understand [no matter how hard you try] a certain type? If so, please comment below.

And now that I'm done with my rant, it's time to go listen to music :)

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Stop trying to understand.
Curiosity is not a part of the ISTJ makeup, they view it as strange in others.
Your constructive criticism is not wanted at all, in fact you're probably being percieved as a hater.

Think about what SHE want's as opposed to what you're comfortable with.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
BTW, If you want to understand ISTJ's ask this question in the ISTJ forums.
The intps are just going to give you answers that are just as clueless as you.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think you understand her it's just you don't like her way of thinking. It bothers you.
A lot.
Lol.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
When my ISTJ hubby and I argue, it's like two dogs walking in circles trying to sniff each other's butts. Except less friendly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts