Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel attracted to my boss and I don't want to. Simply because I have no desire or interest to develop my attraction into something more and I want to keep our relationship only on a professional level (I don't even know if he is married, in relationship etc.).

I feel very uncomfortable about my attraction to him and I'm afraid that some of my colleague will realize it.
The boss is very intelligent and optimistic person and he also makes witty jokes. He is very open, friendly and trustworthy with people. These personal characteristic make me feel very good and in ease around him, so I'm also more open when I talk to him, I make jokes etc. - and this not typical for me, because I'm quite introverted person, so not many people know my warm, open, friendly side. And I honestly don't feel in ease with most of the people.

I'm afraid that if someone will realize how my "energy" changes around my boss, he/she will think something...

I know there is probably thousands and thousands cases of women feeling attracted to their bosses, but I would like to know, if there are some psychological "tricks" how to deal with that attraction?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Try to associate your boss with something you find a turn off/ unattractive :distant: like an old onion ...

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Oh man this is so me.

If he's attractive, nice, mature and is in an authoritative position to care for me, show care for me or guide me in any beneficial way (and ethically he can't go out with me, so he is pretty much unattainable) - you can guarantee I'll fall for him. :unsure:

I don't have any advice but I'll be following to read others' tips :wink:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I feel sexually attracted to a lady I facilitate groups with. How I am dealing with it is I will no longer be facilitating groups with her her. Also talking about the attraction with a person I trust has been helpful. The attraction is fading and I am not as concerned about it right now. Also don't be too hard on yourself. Feeling attracted to someone is normal. We have a sex drive. Feeling it and acting on it are two different things. I don't really think telling yourself to not feel attracted will be helpful. If anything it will make it worse.

You might be overly self conscious about it and the chances are others will notice. And even if they do, they probably won't approach you about it anyway. As long as you are not acting on it and can be professional; I don't think it is as big of deal as you might be making it out to be. Also if you are attracted to him; maybe he has qualities you would like to develop yourself? If this is the case, than work on trying to do those things yourself.

9,999 Posts
Keep your feelings to yourself. If you can't, find a new job.

Reactions: Severin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh man this is so me.

If he's attractive, nice, mature and is in an authoritative position to care for me, show care for me or guide me in any beneficial way (and ethically he can't go out with me, so he is pretty much unattainable) - you can guarantee I'll fall for him. :unsure:

I don't have any advice but I'll be following to read others' tips :wink:
Yep, exactly. I've started to think that it's related to my childhood in some ways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Speaking of my experience (not quite the same but similar), just try to get over it. As long as it seems your feelings are not that developed yet, I think it would be easy peasy. If you can't hesistate or help yourself, changeyour job. However, I recommend such action unless you can bear it.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,607 Posts
Suck it up. This is a situation that can't/ shouldn't be acted upon. Can you tell yourself he's off limits/be professional/avoid getting too close and focus on work? If so, do that. If not, look for a new job.

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Go into his office and fuck him
Ah, work fantasies...I wanted to go into my boss's office to mess around with my co-worker, while our boss was at lunch. He had a corner office with nothing but windows. I wanted him to press me up against the glass, then I thought about clearing the boss man's desk, & making out there, or else on his sofa. The bathroom might have been more private but less exciting. I always hoped he'd follow me in. I daydreamed a lot at that office because of my sexy co-worker, too bad we never got to live out those fantasies. :tongue:

9,999 Posts
Ah, work fantasies...I wanted to go into my boss's office to mess around with my co-worker, while our boss was at lunch. He had a corner office with nothing but windows. I wanted him to press me up against the glass, then I thought about clearing the boss man's desk, & making out there, or else on his sofa. The bathroom might have been more private but less exciting. I always hoped he'd follow me in. I daydreamed a lot at that office because of my sexy co-worker, too bad we never got to live out those fantasies. :tongue:
Ian and Deanna were luckier. All that spunk though, wiping ceilings is hard work. But what wouldn't you do to get to feel some boobie at the back of an Uber.

·
Retard
16,329 Posts
One job I had in the 90s I was fucking 3 at the same workplace. Now that was tricky. Two were married one was engaged. One of the married women knew about the others but didn’t care. Hahaha fun times..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts