Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Growing up, my sister would insist: "Why can't you just be normal" - that sticked with me. Yes, I've definately felt and do feel weird. But mainly because of the things I enjoy... Sometimes seem weird to people. I don't particularly enjoy the things most people seem to enjoy, and vice versa. That makes me feel weird sometimes.
Yeah.

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
Weird? No. Different, oh heck yeah. I didn't get the name Dalien for nothing! :laughing: My family and closer friends actually do call me that! A very close friend of mine gave me the nickname.

Count me in my mind goes off in so many different directions too! I can't keep up with the words in my head so many times, hence word association game my subconscious plays! I have to focus very hard!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes me too. I came here for one purpose and now I am all over the place with my thoughts and research. This place is awesome!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes me too. I came here for one purpose and now I am all over the place with my thoughts and research. This place is awesome!
All over the place... hmmm.... If it weren't for eating, sleeping or my wife, I could probably spend a full month on Wikipedia just trying to figure literally everything out. :crazy:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Reactions: Dalien and Susanna

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Being in a 1-2% of cognitive phenotype of the human population will make you feel different guaranteed.

I concluded that I must be significantly different from others at age 14-15. At times I even felt crazy but then I couldn't dismiss that I was very similar to other people at the same time - I went to school, did homework, got good grades, had crushes on guys, then went to college, etc. I had a bipolar friend (I think she was INFP) who had way more issues than me and often contemplated suicide, a friend from completely dysfunctional family, introverted friends like myself who hated their introversion, and then of course there were people who feel into substance abuse or got pregnant in their teens, etc. Once in a while people committed suicide here and there, that I heard stories of or read about. Compared to all this I felt like I had my share of weirdness but so did other people too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Being in a 1-2% of cognitive phenotype of the human population will make you feel different guaranteed.

I concluded that I must be significantly different from others at age 14-15. At times I even felt crazy but then I couldn't dismiss that I was very similar to other people at the same time - I went to school, did homework, got good grades, had crushes on guys, then went to college, etc. I had a bipolar friend (I think she was INFP) who had way more issues than me and often contemplated suicide, a friend from completely dysfunctional family, introverted friends like myself who hated their introversion, and then of course there were people who feel into substance abuse or got pregnant in their teens, etc. Once in a while people committed suicide here and there, that I heard stories of or read about. Compared to all this I felt like I had my share of weirdness but so did other people too.
That first sentence made me laugh. When I first found out I was INFJ and less than 2% of the population I had a good friend say you mean Yer a freak? That made me laugh too.

Reactions: Dalien and vel

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
At times I even felt crazy but then I couldn't dismiss that I was very similar to other people at the same time - I went to school, did homework, got good grades, had crushes on guys, then went to college, etc. I had a bipolar friend (I think she was INFP) who had way more issues than me and often contemplated suicide, a friend from completely dysfunctional family, introverted friends like myself who hated their introversion, and then of course there were people who feel into substance abuse or got pregnant in their teens, etc. Once in a while people committed suicide here and there, that I heard stories of or read about. Compared to all this I felt like I had my share of weirdness but so did other people too.
haha, well we seem to attract other not-so-normal people... :) And in the end, I think I do feel that's a good thing, I think I need that somehow...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I didn't feel like I was weird so much as I felt I was missing something from the rest of the human race.

But that is also a common trait among Aspies. When I learned about asperger syndrome, I stopped feeling so weird.

Now I think everyone else is strange. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts