Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I feel like something is fundamentally wrong with me, I just seem to have a hard time enjoying myself when in social places. I'll be perfectly fine, then have a flush of feelings of isolation and anger, and then just feel hatred for anyone I come across. I am not an evil man, I do not wish any kind of harm on anyone, even when in those moods (though in those moods, I can become indifferent to suffering). I want people to do well for themselves and feel happy, but for reasons I don't understand, it pisses me off seeing people in that state at the same time. Sometimes I just want to say "fuck off" to the whole world and lock myself away somewhere. I feel Scrouge-esque. I don't like being this way and don't choose to be this way, but it feels natural and it upsets me that it does. I want to be normal. Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You're young, are sensitive/have strong convictions, and are still balancing out the emotional you and figuring out how you fit into society. I think it's a normal phase for people like that. On the positive side you want to do the right thing and recognize that perpetually remaining in the a negative state isn't the path to follow. That can be a sort of guide to prevent you from doing shit you'll regret later. I'd say listen to that. Also seek out people you can respect and be comfortable around. Having good friends and make a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're young, are sensitive/have strong convictions, and are still balancing out the emotional you and figuring out how you fit into society. I think it's a normal phase for people like that. On the positive side you want to do the right thing and recognize that perpetually remaining in the a negative state isn't the path to follow. That can be a sort of guide to prevent you from doing shit you'll regret later. I'd say listen to that. Also seek out people you can respect and be comfortable around. Having good friends and make a world of difference.
My convictions mean nothing, as do anybody else's, and I've already done things I regret, or rather, I regret not doing things, I've wasted the first 19.95 years of my life living by my own convictions which disdained doing anything normal people at those ages do, and it feels like it's too late and that I'm perpetually developmentally behind where I should be.

Can you pinpoint why you feel that way?
This thread was made because I cannot pinpoint why I feel this way.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really not looking forward to my 20th, I'm not normal and I hate it, I've already tried to embrace it and it leaves me isolated.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I was about to suggest it's social anxiety if you feel an overwhelming need to avoid people, but here it's out of disgust towards others instead of self-conciousness. It's not my place to diagnose strangers over the net anyway. Have you spoken to anyone about this?

It's normal to feel a little misanthropy towards people from time to time; especially if you're young and introverted. So long as you're self-aware enough to see that it's not the other person's fault you don't like them, that's the main thing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I hate the general idea of people, but if I could know everyone individually on a deep enough level I might actually like most people. I think it's mostly a matter of perspective, how you were raised, what you surround yourself with online and who you surround yourself with in real life.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't like being this way and don't choose to be this way
Yes you do. Thats where you have to start. Whatever issues you habe are running deep and you have to be willing to go there.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,463 Posts
Hi there,

I feel like something is fundamentally wrong with me, I just seem to have a hard time enjoying myself when in social places. I'll be perfectly fine, then have a flush of feelings of isolation and anger, and then just feel hatred for anyone I come across. I am not an evil man, I do not wish any kind of harm on anyone, even when in those moods (though in those moods, I can become indifferent to suffering). I want people to do well for themselves and feel happy, but for reasons I don't understand, it pisses me off seeing people in that state at the same time. Sometimes I just want to say "fuck off" to the whole world and lock myself away somewhere. I feel Scrouge-esque. I don't like being this way and don't choose to be this way, but it feels natural and it upsets me that it does. I want to be normal. Is there anything I can do?
To me it sounds like you have some resentment building up because you are lonely and seeing other people triggers your own bad emotions and dissatisfaction with your life. I'd say that's a pretty common situation to be in, tho the why and intensity depends on the person. I suggest you start taking a path of self-awareness, improvement and doing things that bring you happiness. A good idea would be to go to a psychologist too, since their jobs is exactly to help you with such things.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes you do. Thats where you have to start. Whatever issues you habe are running deep and you have to be willing to go there.
I don't know where it roots though, so no, I do not. I am willing to "go there" but I don't know where "there" is

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was about to suggest it's social anxiety if you feel an overwhelming need to avoid people, but here it's out of disgust towards others instead of self-conciousness. It's not my place to diagnose strangers over the net anyway. Have you spoken to anyone about this?

It's normal to feel a little misanthropy towards people from time to time; especially if you're young and introverted. So long as you're self-aware enough to see that it's not the other person's fault you don't like them, that's the main thing.
It's a mixture of disgust and self-consciousness

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Well doesn't everybody, in general, hate everyone these days. Nothing new here...

Reactions: clem

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,463 Posts
I don't know where it roots though, so no, I do not. I am willing to "go there" but I don't know where "there" is
then you should definitely consider a psychologist, their job is exactly to guide you to find "there"
it's something in your past no doubt, I've been through that journey and I don't think I could have made it alone, especially not as quickly, which is important

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Are you perhaps jealous of the fun they're having which makes you upset about the world?

All I can say is try loosen up I guess, remember not to be too hard on yourself and be sensible and living life for most of the part. Not all of society hates you!

·
Registered
30,020 Posts
Well doesn't everybody, in general, hate everyone these days. Nothing new here...

I don't hate everybody. I feel hate when I am mad and then it's hard to see other peoples perspective. But I can't remember even once I have ever felt like I hate everybody. For me hate is more of a general feeling then nesseserily directed to a spesific cause because that cause has their own causes. For example: if I felt I hate my mum then my mum acts the way she does for a reason so I might as well hate that reason. But that reason also has a reason for it to appear. Or is the cause of my hate really hunger, tiredness, pain, my period? Or do I hate aspects of my self that I don't want to see the way I do? Or is it a mixture? Sometimes I feel a lot of hate but there is not nesseserily a knob to hang the hate on. I felt misunderstood and disliked a lot in my past because of ADHD. This hate led to some oppositional behavior like kicking a locker for being shut in my room

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Hi there,

you are 4w5. Nothing is wrong with you, but you feel insecure when you are. You are different, you have an identity, people like to point fingers but what they say applies usually, to them, not you. Likewise, how you describe a place will be your identity or experience of it. Be different, place it out into the world and be yourself. See a difference and Connect this to the world , through various means.

Existence precedes essence. Man has no function, other than the one made for us by institutions and institutional religion. Man had an existence, and no function. If man has no function, what could be wrong with you? What could any one fix?

and if you found there was something wrong with you, what would happen then? Nothing, right?

man has an existence, be different, there are no functions.

Also you are, wait for it, possibly an INTP as well. I see way too much Ti in all of this. I can explain it further if you like, in PM. I remember when I was younger a made i post exactly like this one, and I now realize much more, alongside, it’s probably inferior Fe, as well.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
My convictions mean nothing, as do anybody else's, and I've already done things I regret, or rather, I regret not doing things, I've wasted the first 19.95 years of my life living by my own convictions which disdained doing anything normal people at those ages do, and it feels like it's too late and that I'm perpetually developmentally behind where I should be.

This thread was made because I cannot pinpoint why I feel this way.
Wasted? Tell me, at the end of life, who do you want to be remembered as? A smart person? Describe it to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts