Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been in a relationship, and the closest thing I have come to one is this messed up FWB thing that I have with a girl I met online several years ago. We met on an online game in around 2010, and we quickly became close friends and started talking to each other on skype after we stopped playing that said game. After we started video chatting, I started having strong feelings for her that remained unrequited until 2013, when she started making sexual advances and started complimenting my body. After that, I confessed my feelings towards her and she responded by telling me how much she was attracted to me, which I thought meant that she loved me. I gave into her requests, and our friendship became predominately sexual. A year later, I still remain nothing but a "fuck buddy" and I find out she has a few other people just like me who are also sexual friends with her. I just can't leave her though, she is my first "relationship" and I still have a lot of feelings towards her, but I'm so tired of sexting. I want real love, but I realize that is impossible because we live states apart. She doesn't want commitment though. How do I get away from this unhealthy friendship? How can I get myself out there in the real world for dating, and be able to approach someone without psyching myself out and backing down? How can I add purpose into my life, and to feel important and needed for another human being?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Sometimes we invest so much energy in another person that we neglect our most important relationship: the one we have with ourselves. Right now you need to re-commit to that relationship. You need to be best friends with yourself. You need to love yourself for who you are. You are needed BY YOU.

Take time to get to know yourself. Take yourself out to do the things that you like. Appreciate who you are.

We do not develop our worth through someone else. It's something we already have and something we honor and recognize by loving and accepting ourselves. We cannot give or ask for real love from someone else until we know how to do it for ourselves.

·
Registered
507 Posts
wait... pardon if i dont get it... but before i give advises, may i ask some personal questions if you dont mind? how old are you? is that avatar a real picture of yours? and what do you mean about the lines below? esp "sexting"? you said you live states apart, how come that you have sexual rel. with that one, i mean is it via cyber or you meet personally for that? i got a bit confused.

I gave into her requests, and our friendship became predominately sexual. A year later, I still remain nothing but a "fuck buddy" and I find out she has a few other people just like me who are also sexual friends with her. I just can't leave her though, she is my first "relationship" and I still have a lot of feelings towards her, but I'm so tired of sexting.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Personally, I need to keep the ball rolling. If I'm attracted to someone, any relationship that may start, would have to start very soon, and keep to keep that momentum going. I wouldn't wait years to tell a guy I'm interested in him. It's usually within the first 24 hours. If I've known him for years already- he's already a friend. If a guy I was really into, was into me back, and he kept being into me and seeing me, I would pretty much fall and stay in love, and It's not hard for me to attach at all. For me everything is pretty simple and direct, there is no agenda or secret hidden feelings.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Any idea what the girl's type is? It might help in understanding her. I agree with what Shimmerleaf said, and if it's any comfort you sound far more mature and emotionally stable than she does. You've just got to find the right person who appreciates that, because not every woman acts like her.

Reactions: biggytalls and Dao

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
Don't spend too much time online gaming. Go out and do something, be it artistic or some other intellectual endeavors. Put yourself out there in places like art museums, conventions, cafes; community centers. Places where you can meet people who share your interest as well. Don't think too much about having a love relationship but forge friendships wherever you go while learning something new everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts