Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you've probably seen I've posted this basically everywhere. Well no only three places. But for one post that's quite a lot. Im struggling with opposites here, its bloody weird. Enneagram + Wing please.

So, I'll do points.

- I get bored VERY easily. I can't just sit and do something I don't like, even if it is important.

- I like cynical, black humor and random humor

- I admire knowledgeable people

- I admire strong minded, tough individuals.

- I hold in a lot of my thoughts and don't like revealing too much about myself. inner rage which is held in. Can look like oversensitivity.

- Im clumsy

- I don't go by facts

- I can find the 4w5 moodiness/attitude irritating although I don't mind tolerating it compared to some of the other types out there.

- When novelty wears off for me I start to feel tired

- Im lazy, don't have any interests and when I do, theyre short lived

- Enjoy making people laugh even if it is through something like a clumsy mistake.

- I don't care too much about challenging people but I do want have this thing where I do want them to see truth. E.G. Was talking to some feeler who's really selfishly self-pitying who was talking about advice and how he doesn't like it because he thinks to himself "why didn't i think of that first?" and i told him that was his ego getting in the way. Thats just one of his annoying traits for me, his whole attitude pisses me off i want to throw a boulder at him

- If I do challenge people accidently, I love the feeling of having rocked people's world

-Don't like to reveal weaknesses but do it accidently

- Find the SFJ personality to be annoyingly vulnerable, hate their feel first mentality.

- Do think a lot about how I come off to people and want to make an impression that I'd like to give off

- Don't have natural empathy unless I can think of no solution to what the person is going through

- Tired ->energetic -> tired -> energetic (mood cycle)

- take everything too lightly, everything is a joke for me, can't take things seriously.

- When everyone I see around me is down, or i can feel it about to come, I get stressed (moody, angry)

- Im very concerned about having made the most precise/ right move but this is not a question of morals more like my own integrity. A lot of the reason i don't challenge or speak up is because when I do, I question it, telling others about it, then they tell me its not the right place or time and I start to worry.

- In my own head a lot

- Quiet but loud when I do talk

- Don't like being told what to do

- Feelings can get to my head and ruin my outlook. Natural frown in stress situations.

- If stressed, can play happy unless tired as well. Or if directly hurt by someone who matters to me, can't change feeling frustrated/ depressed easily.

- I am stubborn and tend to refute arguments

- I don't care about breaking the peace if I feel it wont disadvantage me in some way.

- Lots of anxiety

- I'll admit, I'll try my best to help someone if they come to me for advice but I do dread it mostly because I find it hard to fix and feel a responsibility to help. Don't like being surrounded by depressing moods for too long-get frustrated. Ill try and lift the mood in stressful/conflict situations which don't involve me but someone else in the group but when it goes for too long i get frustrated.

- Inspiration is a big source of motivation for me

- Can be assertive but don't feel a natural care to.

END.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
You sound a bit like me in some ways (I am 5w6 9w1 4w5) although I see some key differences.

Going on a limb, I'd say 6w7, 9w8, 3w? (I feel most definite about 9w8). I feel like you lead with the head triad, if not 6w7 than 5w6?

- I get bored VERY easily. I can't just sit and do something I don't like, even if it is important.

- When novelty wears off for me I start to feel tired

- Im lazy, don't have any interests and when I do, theyre short lived

- Tired ->energetic -> tired -> energetic (mood cycle)

- take everything too lightly, everything is a joke for me, can't take things seriously.
You seek novelty and are bored without it, typical of 7. However, much of your text sounds rather constrained, which may indicate 7 as a wing rather than a lead.

- I admire strong minded, tough individuals.

- I hold in a lot of my thoughts and don't like revealing too much about myself. inner rage which is held in. Can look like oversensitivity.

- I don't care too much about challenging people but I do want have this thing where I do want them to see truth. E.G. Was talking to some feeler who's really selfishly self-pitying who was talking about advice and how he doesn't like it because he thinks to himself "why didn't i think of that first?" and i told him that was his ego getting in the way. Thats just one of his annoying traits for me, his whole attitude pisses me off i want to throw a boulder at him

-Don't like to reveal weaknesses but do it accidently

- Find the SFJ personality to be annoyingly vulnerable, hate their feel first mentality.

- If I do challenge people accidently, I love the feeling of having rocked people's world

- Quiet but loud when I do talk

- I am stubborn and tend to refute arguments

- I don't care about breaking the peace if I feel it wont disadvantage me in some way.

- Don't like being told what to do

- Can be assertive but don't feel a natural care to.
The way you deal with emotions is typical of 9. Your relative assertiveness is suggestive of a 8 wing.

I'm not really so sure of what your enneagram for heart triad would be. You sound vaguely like an INTP, so based on that and your points I figure you'd be somewhere in the 4w3/3w4 range

I don't really get much for you instinctual stacking (Sp/Sx/So?) I won't try to guess too much though because I'm far less familiar with them then other aspects of the enneagram theorem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Krayfish

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you looked into 7w8 or 8w7? 7w6 could be another one.
I've looked into 7w8,7w6,9w8...what do you think about 4w5? Do they have similar traits or thoughts as the ones I just mentioned?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
697 Posts
7w6. You're not a core gut type, too much in your head and aware of wanting a positive atmosphere around you, a 9 would likely just fade into said atmosphere and take part in it. Your points about novelty of experience, positive atmosphere, inability to take things seriously, freedom, caring somewhat about what people think of you, a sort of passive assertiveness that comes and goes in a situational manner are all 7 things. What you say about integrity is likely your line to 1. As for 7w6 vs 7w8, you seem a bit too self aware and perceptive of the people around you, w6 fits better than w8. I quickly discarded 6w7, not enough concern about loyalty, people, authority and systems in your post, you're more focused on your experiences.

Taking a stab in the dark, I'd say you're a 7w6/9w8/3w2. Look up and see how much the 793 tritype fits you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7w6. You're not a core gut type, too much in your head and aware of wanting a positive atmosphere around you, a 9 would likely just fade into said atmosphere and take part in it. Your points about novelty of experience, positive atmosphere, inability to take things seriously, freedom, caring somewhat about what people think of you, a sort of passive assertiveness that comes and goes in a situational manner are all 7 things. What you say about integrity is likely your line to 1. As for 7w6 vs 7w8, you seem a bit too self aware and perceptive of the people around you, w6 fits better than w8. I quickly discarded 6w7, not enough concern about loyalty, people, authority and systems in your post, you're more focused on your experiences.

Taking a stab in the dark, I'd say you're a 7w6/9w8/3w2. Look up and see how much the 793 tritype fits you.
Wow thanks, only saw this just now. I can fade into said atmosphere sometimes so the fact that you put 9 second makes sense. I'm definitely no 3 though. But aside from that I agree with everything else you said.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow thanks, only saw this just now. I can fade into said atmosphere sometimes so the fact that you put 9 second makes sense. I'm definitely no 3 though. But aside from that I agree with everything else you said.
"- Do think a lot about how I come off to people and want to make an impression that I'd like to give off"
"-- I don't care about breaking the peace if I feel it wont disadvantage me in some way."

No not a core 3, but these point to a 3ish flavor (although it can have a link to 7). Even so, it's kinda the default choice i see for your image fix. Having 2 would make you triple positive and a very people oriented warm person (and you don't strike as quite so bubbly, there's a bit of a slightly coldly rational and strategic [not in a war sense but in terms of the way you interact] feel to you which usually comes with 3). I don't see 4 at all, you don't seem to have the emotionally torn inside, dramatic and introspective concern that goes with it. Also you overtly expressed your annoyance with the 4w5 attitude and people making scenes of emotions, on the other hand you stated appreciating capable and responsible people. That's very much 3 stuff. So yeah 3 isn't your core (7 is), but it's obviously your image fix imo.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"- Do think a lot about how I come off to people and want to make an impression that I'd like to give off"
"-- I don't care about breaking the peace if I feel it wont disadvantage me in some way."

No not a core 3, but these point to a 3ish flavor (although it can have a link to 7). Even so, it's kinda the default choice i see for your image fix. Having 2 would make you triple positive and a very people oriented warm person (and you don't strike as quite so bubbly, there's a bit of a slightly coldly rational and strategic [not in a war sense but in terms of the way you interact] feel to you which usually comes with 3). I don't see 4 at all, you don't seem to have the emotionally torn inside, dramatic and introspective concern that goes with it. Also you overtly expressed your annoyance with the 4w5 attitude and people making scenes of emotions, on the other hand you stated appreciating capable and responsible people. That's very much 3 stuff. So yeah 3 isn't your core (7 is), but it's obviously your image fix imo.
You're good.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I agree with you!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with you!
You typed me on my other 'What's My Personality' forum thread as infp, do you think enneagram shapes this at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You typed me on my other 'What's My Personality' forum thread as infp, do you think enneagram shapes this at all?
To be honest, I am no expert in this field:unsure: it is sure not usual for an INFP to be type 7 enneagram.
Introverted 7: more reserved, private, and quitly playful
Intuitive 7: tend to be imaginative, creative and innovative
Feeling 7: are gentler, more symphathetic, and more people oriented
They also prefer perceiving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts