Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
What do you mean? I noticed there was a thread trying to dispel myths about Si not being about memory recall etc. but it wasn't about positively speaking of Si, just dispelling myths and every argued about what Si really was thereafter.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean? I noticed there was a thread trying to dispel myths about Si not being about memory recall etc. but it wasn't about positively speaking of Si, just dispelling myths and every argued about what Si really was thereafter.
from what I saw it devolved into everyone arguing with each other until the thread got locked

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,536 Posts
there is a huge flame war and debate to follow.

What is so offensive about saying positive things about sensing types?

Nothing at all, in fact, sensors are more needed in society than intuitives. If there were too many intuitives and nothing practical would ever get done.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts

Nothing at all, in fact, sensors are more needed in society than intuitives. If there were too many intuitives and nothing practical would ever get done.
I hate this notion. Nobody is more important to society than another, its the combination of all humans that help progress society and humanity. Sensors arent more needed than intuitives, we are both equally needed. Everybody always wants to say some types are needed more than anothers, as if all types havent made a huge impact in our history leading up to present moment.

The truth of the matter is that everyone has their strengths, its how we apply these strengths in unison together that makes society such a strong structure. It may, unfortunately, also be the cause of many problems when we apply our strengths in manners that they arent efficient and/or effective in. Nevertheless, all personality types have something equal of value to offer society, and humanity as a whole.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saying "If there were too many intuitives, nothing would get done!" implies that Sensors are only mindless robots who do what they're told and follow out mundane tasks that "are needed for society to run!"

It also implies that intuitives don't have time for such tasks... as if they have 'more important' things to do other than the mundane tasks that the 'collective sensor sheep' carry out.

·
Beer Guardian
15,536 Posts
I hate this notion. Nobody is more important to society than another, its the combination of all humans that help progress society and humanity. Sensors arent more needed than intuitives, we are both equally needed. Everybody always wants to say some types are needed more than anothers, as if all types havent made a huge impact in our history leading up to present moment.

The truth of the matter is that everyone has their strengths, its how we apply these strengths in unison together that makes society such a strong structure. It may, unfortunately, also be the cause of many problems when we apply our strengths in manners that they arent efficient and/or effective in. Nevertheless, all personality types have something equal of value to offer society, and humanity as a whole.
:tongue: Gotcha!

·
Beer Guardian
15,536 Posts
So...it sounds like this happened one time? What other threads are you talking about?
This debate springs up ever now and then. It's senseless...oh I didn't mean to make a pun.

Reactions: Elissa

·
Beer Guardian
15,536 Posts
And what were these antics supposed to prove?
I'm trying to decipher your intent, but I can't land on an underlying point.
I'm being silly. It is better than taking this sort of thing too seriously.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Oh God, this UglierBetty poster again, wanting us to give gold stars to sensors. Just cuz.

Reactions: Du Toit

·
Registered
578 Posts
This debate springs up ever now and then. It's senseless...oh I didn't mean to make a pun.
Yeah, and usually by the noobs.

I'd also like to point out how ironic this thread is, a thread about arguments breaking out due to an anti-sensor sentiment that's slowly turning into exactly that.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.