Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some ideas for a persuasive speech for class.

I gave a speech I've given before many times on the MBTI. Id like my persuasive speech to be along similar lines, psychology, MBTI, Cognitive Functions, Mindfulness, Meditation..etc. The only problem I see is that none of those are really controversial. Any ideas out there? What can I persuade people to take action on, think differently?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I don't think a persuasive speech necessarily has to be on topic widely considered controversial.

How about something like schools to take MBTI types into consideration when designing courses to better meet the learning styles of different types of students?

·
Registered
425 Posts
How to deal and talk with each type based on their cognitive functions. pretty simple but if made right it would be cool.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Unless you have a simple way to describe functions, I would avoid function talk. People in general already have a hard time wrapping their head around the dichotomies.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'm looking for some ideas for a persuasive speech for class.

I gave a speech I've given before many times on the MBTI. Id like my persuasive speech to be along similar lines, psychology, MBTI, Cognitive Functions, Mindfulness, Meditation..etc. The only problem I see is that none of those are really controversial. Any ideas out there? What can I persuade people to take action on, think differently?
I don't know, a lot of people outside of personality forums like this one - and a surprising number of people inside these forums - claim that personality typing is "useless, based in tautologies and stereotypes, no different than astrology."

Would you like to make a speech about why personality typing is more useful than those people say it is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts