Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 11 years and I'm still wrong about my own type. My cousin said I am Introverted. I am more inclined to agree with him since there are many instances I tend to seem introvert. Since I'm not an ENFP, then I'm INFP right? Nope, I don't know. So far in my life, I have been wrong about everything. Everything I say gets thrown back into my face. It's just too painful to face the world of disagreements. I want everyone to agree with everything I say. That's it. Happy Friday everyone. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
It's been 11 years and I'm still wrong about my own type. My cousin said I am Introverted. I am more inclined to agree with him since there are many instances I tend to seem introvert. Since I'm not an ENFP, then I'm INFP right? Nope, I don't know. So far in my life, I have been wrong about everything. Everything I say gets thrown back into my face. It's just too painful to face the world of disagreements. I want everyone to agree with everything I say. That's it. Happy Friday everyone. Cheers.
ENFPs can very often be very introverted extroverts, especially if we are depressed, insecure, or have some other negative tie on our life. I originally believed I was an INFP, but after examining myself functionally, I found I'm just a shy, somewhat depressed ENFP.

On another note,
Need some help typing yourself? :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right. So I present two situations.

In a room full of people chattering away, I stay very quiet and often seen as a strong silent type...with the exception of discussing topics that are in the field of my interest.

In a room full of people not talking, I start forming topics and talk away. I become the star of conversations. I don't like silent gatherings. I like some noise and interests being thrown around the room.

Introvert or Extrovert?

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
How about ambivert? :tongue: The question is do you feel the need to take a rest after what seem like a long social event or do you get more energized every moment you meet people and discussing things with them?

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
If you want an accurate typing, you will need to take the empirical approach.

What is introversion, and what is extroversion? If you make a lot of research, you will see that you'll always have different answers.

The fact is that you don't have to use the tool, but you must understand it. Once you understand the typology and the functions well, you'll have no problem typing yourself. I was like you, and I struggled finding my type for 1 year. In wikisocion you can read jung works and socionics. Well, reading stuff and talking in the forum is good too, because this way you will have several explanation, and you will understand things with various perspectives.

Well it's been 11 years you're trying so I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm saying things you already know.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
On the bright side atleast you know ur an NFP. They're ultimately in the same cluster. The Ne-Fi or Fi-Ne is just a matter of semantics. (Ti users will kill me for saying that)

Being an Ne-Heavy INFP or Fi-Heavy ENFP is supposed to be how it is anyway- it shows that the person has a well balanced relationship with the extroverted and introverted world.

This pretty much just makes you more of a badass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think one of the best ways to find if you are an ENFP or an INFP is to work out what you prefer to do, do you prefer to come up with lots of ideas or possibilities based on the external environment (Ne) or do you prefer to improve your tastes based on how something makes you feel, what you like and dislike (Fi). Finding which one of these things you prefer to do may make it clearer.
You may not see yourself as carrying out these behaviours at all but it's worth thinking about!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.