Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading over at the INFJ forum (and across google) that INFJs have a door slam, while reading the description, i realized that i also have this so called Door Slam.

I did it with my first boyfriend, after 11 months together. I did it with my ex best friend of 5 years. and I've done it emotionally to my mother.

I know i cant be the only one that has done this.

if you have, to who and why?

reading over INFJ traits i really feel like one of them, more than an ENFP sometimes, i know we are similar (to an extent) but its frustrating because i feel like i cant really relate to one side or the other. im either super ENFP or im super INFJ (depending on whats going on). Ugh.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Maybe INFJs got that term coined because they are very much all in or all out. It's hard to tell because they are so conflict adverse that you don't always see the door slam coming.

I'm not good with cutting ties but we all know how to push others away.

Reactions: odinthor

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I think half of the INFJ doorslams weren't supposed to be taken as a doorslam, the INFJ was just again randomly absent for so long that people thought they got doorslammed. Sounds plausible.
@Alassea - Te-bitchslap :laughing: yeah usually people don't survive that one and they die and stop talking. Maybe it is a cruel method to let the other doorslam the ENFP, while it was indirectly the plan of the ENFP all along to get that to happen! As a result there's no blame on us! Hands clean! Yeah no clue what happened with them!?

I'm bad at doorslamming, partly because my door has a broken lock.

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
I don't door slam. I just block off my emotion . I can still say hi to the person or be in the same room ' it's just I'm no longer attached or care for that individual any longer. And when I don't like somebody - they know it.
I'll probably fade away and treat them like an acquaintance or stranger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts