Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the idea of just living without looking outward as much as I want to into the vastness of this universe.

I hate the idea of always being in some 'order' all the time just to keep up with everyone else.

I hate the idea of following too many unspoken social rules out of peer pressure. I think I can still be ethical and moderate, without being too rigid.

I hate the idea of not being able to challenge popular but shallow opinion.

I like the idea of being able to understand people even without the need of words.

I like the idea of having more control over my reality than what people would normally tell me to believe.

I like throwing out a lot of 'what ifs' because if they were to ever come true, it would bring me the biggest pleasure to have a mind and imaginative capacity like mine.

Can anyone else relate? :wink:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I hate the idea of just living without looking outward as much as I want to into the vastness of this universe.

I hate the idea of always being in some 'order' all the time just to keep up with everyone else.

I hate the idea of following too many unspoken social rules out of peer pressure. I think I can still be ethical and moderate, without being too rigid.

I hate the idea of not being able to challenge popular but shallow opinion.

I like the idea of being able to understand people even without the need of words.

I like the idea of having more control over my reality than what people would normally tell me to believe.

I like throwing out a lot of 'what ifs' because if they were to ever come true, it would bring me the biggest pleasure to have a mind and imaginative capacity like mine.

Can anyone else relate? :wink:
yeah, i can relate. i dislike following social rules for the sake of following them. i also love what-ifs, although they usually cause me more trouble than good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
what ifs are always a breath of fresh air

and yea i agree with all of that
would u go as far as to say all of these standards and general beliefs we are made to accept promote a certain schizoidal element in us?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what ifs are always a breath of fresh air

and yea i agree with all of that
would u go as far as to say all of these standards and general beliefs we are made to accept promote a certain schizoidal element in us?

Schizoid? Not really. I have certain beliefs that I know are perfectly okay and justified.

As for being schizoid..whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to have that element depends on how you utilize it, just don't maximize it..but then I'm not a doctor so :crazy:

·
Registered
545 Posts
well what im saying is that a lot of things we have to do as necesarry evils are evils...like there is a greedy and anti social need to strive for material gain which i think pull us apart in our society...creates a schism in the neighborhood so to speak

idk it kind of bothers me...ive always wanted a kind of john lennon venus project eutopia

like a communal republic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts