Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 9w8 359 autistic empath old soul
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a group home and downstairs is always as loud as fuck because there’s constantly loads of people in the same space at once. I absolutely hate popping dowm from my upstairs introvert cave (bedroom) for a cuppa or something to eat, only to be bombarded with constant noise and resulting sensory overload. One of the other kids who lives here is this really annoying ENFP girl who always picks on me and the other girl (ISFP) told me that she’s unreliable and lies a lot. The ENFP would mimic my stimming (when I’m stressed I make cat or robot noises) by saying “beep boop beep boop beep” to get a reaction out of me. She also fires annoying random questions at people, like asking me what I would call a member of staff if I has control over his name. She says a kids’ staple phrase, “I’m bored”, despite being in her mid teens, and often acts really stroppy and loud and slams doors and everything.

·
Registered
INTP
4,783 Posts
Hmm, I can see how an Ne dom could get on your (or my) nerves.

I live in a room, and share a kitchen and common areas with others. I hate going downstairs too. Especially now with Covid, and everyone ignoring the protocols.

I go into the kitchen when no one else is likely to be there. I've simplified my eating so I can get in and out quickly. I fill up a large thermos with hot water and take it to my room so I can drink tea or instant coffee alone.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
220 Posts
I agree I don't think you hate ENFPs, cause not all ENFPs are like that. I actually know and Esfj that is just like this girl.
I do understand your frustration, it can being tiring and a little irritating to be around someone who is always loud, makes fun of you and is all over everyone. Those people are extremely hard to deal with, but maybe she'll calm down with age. I know a few people that have calmed down and become more chill
It does seem kind of annoying to have to plan your life around, not being around the people you live with, I'm sorry for that. But above you've got se great advice from @islandlight, so your one step closer to a solution which is better than nothing.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,138 Posts
I haven't read it, but I don't see the need to hate XNFPs. Everyone is different and usually if they are being problematic I would say it's a reflection of the fact that they have problems in their own lives or with themselves. Sometimes you just have to work out to how deal with people in a way that will help bring out the best in them, rather than the worst.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive found out that when dealing with feelers especially extroverte ones if you act sarcastically to their interests they become selfconcious and stop being anoying. they basically stop their yapping for a while.
so try bullying her with sarcasm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts