Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humour is good. Humour is necessary. Just laugh and then go on once you are done.
Haha yes of course. But these things happen mostly with my ESTJ boyfriend, when I'm trying to have serious conversation and he'll laugh and make jokes of everything I say. And it's usually totally insulting and inappropriate but at the same time it's so hilarious. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The problem is...these 'types' (my SO is ESTJ) get SOOOOOOOO upset when they are trying to be serious and YOU start creating humour....try it.......then you can say "That what that feels like!"

·
Registered
352 Posts
Haha yes of course. But these things happen mostly with my ESTJ boyfriend, when I'm trying to have serious conversation and he'll laugh and make jokes of everything I say. And it's usually totally insulting and inappropriate but at the same time it's so hilarious. :laughing:
Holy snapsticks! My father is probably an ESTJ and I notice that kind of behaviour sometimes when he is interacting with his girlfriend.

On a slightly related note, my hat is off to you two. I do not think it is likely I could ever work with an ESTJ in a romantic relationship, at least if my father is anything to go by. Our relationship has been... rocky, at times.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hate it when ppl get away after they've done bad things. I hate it when kids get bullied . I hate it when ppl use violence or trickery to get what they want . There are somany things .... :(

Reactions: expodentialfunction

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
...I'm serious about something, but someone is cracking jokes and trying to make me laugh. And it's really funny. And i'm trying to do the :dry: face but it's not working.
My ESFJ colleague does this all the time... and then I have to give him the death glare...

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
My ENTJ father-in-law does this quite a bit. He says he cracks jokes and laughs usually because he's uncomfortable to what the person is wanting to talk about during "serious" time.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
I tend to turn into a clown too, when someone (pretentiously) wants me to be serious about something. People take themselves too seriously. Also, most of the time I don't like what other people have to say at times like these. It's always something bad for me: I should do this, or shouldn't do that, people don't love or even like me etcetera.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hate it when people talk over me and change the subject and no one makes an effort to let me continue or ask what I was saying. It's like I didn't even say anything to begin with.

Oh and I hate when I'm making a point about my opinion and my train of thought just disappears mid-sentence, lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
noisulli said:
I hate it when people talk over me and change the subject and no one makes an effort to let me continue or ask what I was saying. It's like I didn't even say anything to begin with.
Oooh yes! Grrrrr!

I hate it when people make an incorrect assumption about something and I have an extremely hard time getting them to even consider re-evaluating their position. A recent and trivial example is someone made a mistake with mental arithmetic, to then convince them to re-calculate to see there was an error was a terrible struggle -.- Especially when this struggle involved me getting accused of mathematical incompetence.

When people don't understand why I act the way I do, or why I do something a certain way, and assign wrong motives to my actions. Sometimes it's easier to just keep quiet and do nothing if actions could be misinterpreted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hate it when people mock me when I'm being very serious, when despite the fact that I'm clearly saying something heartfelt they giggle and have a condescending look. I hate it when people try to laugh fakely at such an important thing. It really, really guts me.

·
Banned
158 Posts
...I'm serious about something, but someone is cracking jokes and trying to make me laugh. And it's really funny. And i'm trying to do the :dry: face but it's not working.
I'll likely laugh along if the joker is a dear friend. Otherwise...well, I wouldn't be talking seriously to them in the first place.

It's extremely difficult for me to keep a straight face, but somehow people still peg me as a stoic. Sigh...

An another note, I find it detestable when people leave the remains of their meals in appropriate places. A couple weeks ago a classmate of mine sat down at my desk, drank a bottle of some form of coconut juice, and then left with his hands empty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I try not to hate, but I don't like unforgiveness.

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
THIS. This. It is downright unacceptable, and yet I know so many people who do it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate a lot of things...

I hate it when people say:

"Don't be such a stranger."
"When are we going to hang out?"
"Whatcha thinkin'?"
"You're too sensitive."

I hate:
Being told what to and what not to feel.
Action-oriented suggestions for purely feeling state experiences.

I hate it when:
My feeling states impede practicality or the realization of that which I wish to achieve.
I deliberate and weigh options endlessly causing me to swim around in circles leaving me with nothing accomplished.

I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@quietfire

Lol why do you hate when people ask you what your thinking? I always thought when someone show's a genuine interest in one's thought life, that it should be rewarded with the simplest of answers. Even if they could not comprehend the idea is it not polite to indulge their curiousity? Atleast a bit?

Sorry, haha I'm just curious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@quietfire

Lol why do you hate when people ask you what your thinking? I always thought when someone show's a genuine interest in one's thought life, that it should be rewarded with the simplest of answers. Even if they could not comprehend the idea is it not polite to indulge their curiousity? Atleast a bit?

Sorry, haha I'm just curious.
I understand. I usually get asked what I'm thinking when I'm quiet and have my pensive face on. At any given moment, there is a myriad of thoughts circling through my mind or feelings through by body simultaneously. I am not a fan of small talk. I am not a fan of someone attempting to pull information out of me for the sake of starting a conversation or filling silence. To me, having someone ask "What are you thinking?" is the close equivalent of having the checker at grocery store ask "How are you?" I don't believe it is a genuine question, though it very well may be to the inquirer. I will volunteer my thoughts and feelings when I have them sorted in a way where I can articulate them effectively. If someone catches me with a "What are you thinking?" when I am in the middle of this process, they will surely get the simplest of answers: "Nothing. I'm just here." Because, in these scenarios, there's no way I can, on the spot, say what I am thinking.

However, if we were already engaged in a dialog, or if the question was, "What do you think about [insert subject here]?", I'd indulge their curiosity. An opinion is much easier for me to talk about than my personal thoughts and feelings.

Thanks for asking. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts