Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have at least one. And we all like to tell people how much we hate them. So what was it about you ex that make him/her your ex? Let's commiserate!

For me, it was his ability to be an ass hole. He was the best at it. He would act all sweet and loving and I would open up to him and tell him my biggest soft spots. I let him in to my life. And then he turned around and used it all against me. I am adopted, and recently met my biological dad. This was a HUGE deal to me. My ex knew this, and said he thought the relationship was weird and that he hated that I was adopted, and wished I was more "normal."
Additionally, he made fun of me for being "smart," "weird," and "too intellectual." In the last week we were dating, he started calling me all sorts of fun names. You know, the kind you wouldn't want your mother hearing you say.
My personal favorite, however, was when he called me fat. I am 5'4" 110lbs. I'm 13% body fat. And he called me fat. Several times. Lol. :laughing:
When I broke up with him, he said he didn't understand why I ended it because he always treated me so well. (Mind you, he DID treat me well...when he was in a good mood)
So yeah, I am in the "I hate you" stage of this breakup. I'm sure I'm not the only one!! Who else has an ex they wish was dead?

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,139 Posts
My highschool/undergrad sweetheart ex: because he was uber insecure and distustful when I am loyal to a fault. I eventually caught him "getting cozy" with another girl. That break in trust totally killed his attractiveness for me.

My more recent ex: besides being psycho - as in Jeckyl & Hyde during day vs night, got real ugly toward my son, when my son had honestly done nothing to deserve it. I suggested that we slow things down (he was pressing me for marriage) and he went ballistic. I had to report him to HR at work, but stopped short of a full blown restraining order. He later got into huge trouble on the job, having to resign or risk termination. He also got a couple DUIs, which could explain a lot.

I have not dated, or wanted to date, since. I think I will raise my family first.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
i was gonna post here but its too much information for random people to be reading about.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
She had a blood fetish. I win this thread.
I think I beat you, but as I was writing it all out, I came to the realization that those things shouldn't be shared with everyone on the internet.

Imagine a stereotypical crazy ass bitch. My ex would give that crazy bitch nightmares.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't hate my exes. I try to spend more time loving people than hating people.

Doesn't mean I don't roll my eyes at them and question what the hell I was thinking, though.
I'm usually not a hateful person. And probably a month from now I won't hate him anymore. Until then, I hate his guts 0:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm usually not a hateful person. And probably a month from now I won't hate him anymore. Until then, I hate his guts 0:)
I think it's actually easier to get over someone when you have a good amount of self-actualized, unsuppressed anger over something they did or how they treated you. It's the ambiguous, wait, why did we break up again? ones that tend to drag on and on. Besides, burning pictures is much more fun...

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
Why are so many people posting here saying "I would post, but it's no one's business."? I'm fairly confused.
Hah! I would thank that twice if I could.

As for the OP I dislike my ex because she was emotionally abusive, manipulative and a liar - but the saddest part is, that she will never see herself as any of those because she was always too busy playing the victim. She blamed everyone for everything but herself.

I don't hate her --- because she's still human and is a product of a repressive household and poor up-bringing. In other words, she's not entirely to be blamed for how she turned out. Her parents played a huge role in that as well. Basically, now she's married within her own family which seems to be more of a charity case marriage than anything else. I hope she can find happiness because regardless of how horrible she was to me, she still deserves it. Everyone does.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Not an ex, but a sorta girl"friend"-ish who said she'd have sex with me. I asked her, she refused, and cut off all contact after a really cruel verbal beatdown over text message. I can't bring myself to forgive her. Dammit, it was the first time I ever felt like I was actually attractive, desirable, and wanted, and she just manipulated me for laughs so she'd feel less lonely. She now wishes that she hadn't done that :angry:

I შათთერედ ჰერ ლეგს ანდ რემოვედ ფართ ოფ ჰერ ქნეეცაფ. Sჰე ჰად ა სფორთ სჩოლარშიფ. Sჰე ვილლ ნევერ ვალქ აგაინ. I'მ ნოთ სორრy.Yოუ დო ნოთ გივე ა ნონელy გუy თჰათ ქინდ ოფ ჰოფე ანდ ათთენთიონ, მანიფულათე ჰიმ, ანდ თჰე ნთოy ვითჰ ჰიმ ლიქე თჰათ ვითჰოუთ ფაyინგ თჰე ფრიცე! Aნდ I თჰოუღთ შჰე რეალლy ქილედ მე. Wჰათ ა ვორთჰლესს ბითჩე.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I was going to say something, but everyone's post just make me laugh (sorry).

Now that I think about it, my exes weren't that bad at all anyway.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
I don't hate my most recent ex (ex from about 2 years ago), but ... I don't think I'd want to be alone in a room with him.

Reactions: userslon

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I don't hate them I just don't feel the need to see them anymore. Don't trust myself, before I know it I'm back in a relationship.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it's actually easier to get over someone when you have a good amount of self-actualized, unsuppressed anger over something they did or how they treated you. It's the ambiguous, wait, why did we break up again? ones that tend to drag on and on. Besides, burning pictures is much more fun...
Hahaha yes!!! Burning pictures and notes makes life worth living...few things are quite as satisfying as watching them wither into black dust...

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I don't hate any of my serious exes. I would think I would be an enormous hypocrite and a child to love someone that much and be that close to them and not try to see from their perspective, or try to understand why they were the way they were.

That's not to say I've never been extremely angry or vengeful, but in the big picture, it would be impossible for me to hate anyone I was actually in a serious relationship with.

I guess I can say that I dislike or disregard certain less serious exes though. Like I'm just like "what.ever."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts