Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to indicate an animals type?

I have an ESFP farm cat named Maximus a.k.a Mad Max. And my sister has a really irritable and traumatized INFP long hair some sort of white cat named Mirabelle.

I thought it was interesting. Because it's like within the species of cats they display different behaviors and personalities. And I can see their emotions in their faces.

I think within a population of a species there are different behavioral patterns based on genetic variations in the nervous system. Like I read somewhere online that gold fish had a similar percentage in a population with traits that resembled the HSP percentage in humans.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
atleast u know which one is on suicide watch and which one should be on birth control
LOL

I don't think cats could actually be INFP or ESFP (simply because animals do not have value systems or intuitions) but its a pretty funny analogy.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I don't believe animals have an MBTI type, but I like pretending they do and typing them based on my preconceived notions of how certain types act.

My :kitteh: would be an ISFJ type 6. Come to think of it, that explains why he's really clingy around my mom... She's an actual ISFJ type 6.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
My girlfriend's cats are very different from one another.

One is imaginative and shy. My girlfriend likes to say she's an INFJ. She comes to you when she wants to nuzzle. But if you pet her without her approaching you, she'll slink away and find someplace to sit alone.

The other is spazzy, needy, and a troublemaker. Jumps on the table even though we spray him with water every time. Can never get enough attention. ESFP, I think.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I think mine and my sister's cats do have distinct personalities.

Mine: INTJ - very clear about when you can or can't cuddle him. Can be a softy, but won't let his brother get away with pushing him around. Is very much an introvert and goes to sleep in my room. Hates loud people. Seems to know a heck of a lot.

Sister's: ESFP - cuddly, friendly to everyone, and sits in the living room constantly because there are people there. He forces attention on you when he wants hugs and gets very upset if anyone cries. He also rolls around on the floor a lot.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Cats have personalities .. But they do not possess human style cognitive functions.
You would need a whole new system for typing cats or any other animal.

This thread is cute.. But it's all very subjective.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Haha :) I love this thread. I'd say that my sister's cat is an ISTJ :p An amazing mouser.

Loves the kids and is extremely gentle with the little one specially. Watchful ... knows its place and doesn't misbehave in any way :p

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I have a hunch my sister's cat would be an INTJ like her! Steely-cool on the outside, but once (or rather IF) they let you in, you get acquainted with their warmth and true humanity.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My girlfriend's cats are very different from one another.

One is imaginative and shy. My girlfriend likes to say she's an INFJ. She comes to you when she wants to nuzzle. But if you pet her without her approaching you, she'll slink away and find someplace to sit alone.

The other is spazzy, needy, and a troublemaker. Jumps on the table even though we spray him with water every time. Can never get enough attention. ESFP, I think.
Hehe, yeah. They are opposites in personality. It's pretty funny!

My girl was so shy and timid when I first got her. I was afraid she'd end up skittish and unfriendly as an older cat. But I gained her trust slowly and now she's so affectionate...at least, when she comes to me. She does want her space. Such an INFJ cat. ^^

My boy cat may very well be an ESFP, yes. He isn't just those negative things you described, though! He's unbelievably affectionate and I've never seen a cat so trusting. So cute. He is probably the dumbest cat I've ever had though...not trying to knock the ESFPs by typing him as such. :tongue:

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,470 Posts
Some where all of our cats are having a meeting where they are talking about how it's just not possible that silly humans have complex personalities like them. Nope, they are much too stupid for that.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I don't believe animals have an MBTI type, but I like pretending they do and typing them based on my preconceived notions of how certain types act.

My :kitteh: would be an ISFJ type 6. Come to think of it, that explains why he's really clingy around my mom... She's an actual ISFJ type 6.
I've heard of men seeking traits of their mothers in their spouses but seeing traits of your mom in your cat is .. just a totally different ball game altogether XD

j/k :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts