Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, she works at a shoe shop just next to the kiosk where I work. I've known her for roughly a year but just like this, as a customer. She usually buys us things like coffee, sandwichs and chocolate and every time she comes I try to talk with her a little, mainly about how is her work doing, how much is she selling. The other day, for instance, she was really cold and asked for a coffee. Unfortunately the coffee machine was broken but I got closer to it for checking it and having her standing right next to me almost trembling kinda broke my heart, I wanted so bad to hug her...
Humor is pretty important I guess, so I will try to make little jokes or comments in our small talks Now, masks kinda cut off any chance of using smiles as a way of communication which for me were key, like, those little half smiles. Eyes are the key now I guess.
Two more important facts: Since she usually pays with credit/debit cards, she's given me her ID for doing so, so I secretly looked at it and found out her birthday is on the 5th. Of course she doesn't know I know it. Finally, another quite important detail; she's just broke up with her ex. What would you do in my place? Do you have any tips?
Thanks

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,243 Posts
Chat her up. See if she's interested in meeting for coffee sometime when you're both not working. Go from there.

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,066 Posts
Ask her how old she is
She brings up her birthday
Insist you do something with her
Rearrange for a different time if she has plans

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
INFJ still fits least bad
6,819 Posts
Say these 14 words:
"Hey, would you like to go out for a coffee or something with me?"
Can be scary at first, because she might reject you, but is being rejected any worse than never knowing? Years in the future when looking back, you'll regret not making a move more than regret asking and getting torn down.
Coffee is a good starter because it's non threatening, it's a hangout during the day where you can chat, get to know each other, see if you have chemistry, but doesn't sound too datey. It could make for a good foot in the door.
If you're feeling a bit more bold, then feel free to go for dinner.
Your story actually sounds really cute, and I hope it works out.
Like Del boy says in "Only Fools and Horses": "He who dares wins"

Edit: although if she did get just get out of a relationship, yeah, might be a bit soonish to ask her to dinner, I'd go back to the coffee option. You don't want to be too quick to get all the way in the door if she still has residual feelings for her ex, but that's why coffee's good; not only would it be a way to guage if you have chemistry, etc., but it's also a pretty good opportunity to see if she's ready for a new relationship, because she might not be and you don't want to end up being the "rebound guy". Hardly anyone remembers their rebound guy.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Invite her for a fuck.
Of course you wouldn't say it that way because if you were able to do that without being a total freak would already do that.

So...sugarcoat it using a style she tends to like, just like all the banal women want.

·
Registered
25,362 Posts
I think if she comes to your shop on her birthday, just give her her order for free, and be really nonchalant/cool about it, like "Hey, it's on the house today!" And even if she looks puzzled don't bother saying anything; but if she asks why, just be like "Yea, when you gave me your id last time I couldn't help but notice your birth date so..." BUT you have to be really casual about it, as if you notice it regardless of who the customer is. And if they ask if you do that for everybody, just be like, "Nope, just you." AND REMEMBER YOU GOTTA BE SUPER CASUAL STILL and just be like "Alright I gots stuff to do, maybe I'll talk to you later??" If they're like yea, cool, then you should definitely take a step within the following days to go and talk to her outside of work setting; but if they give you the impression that they're weirded out than it's over, and you should move on, lol or keep crushing from afar.

Gotta keep in mind that if they just broke up too, they're probably vulnerable or still thinking about maybe getting back with their ex, so if you don't know those kinds of details you don't really want to come on too strong.

Also, how do you know she broke up with her ex? Did she tell you? That might be a sign they just see you as a friend to talk to; or did they tell you in a way that was dropping a hint that they're single?

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, thanks for all your answers!

Also, how do you know she broke up with her ex? Did she tell you? That might be a sign they just see you as a friend to talk to; or did they tell you in a way that was dropping a hint that they're single?
Now, @BenevolentBitterBleeding. Well, it's a bit complicated. Not at all she told me. In our shop my mom sells cosmetic products. This girl is a big fan of those products so she asked for my mom's number. Roughly a month ago this girl wrote to my mom that she wanted some products but asked for a different payment method because "she's just moved" (We knew she was dating a guy because they both bought us some sandwichs from time to time). So if she's moved, we all think they split up. Also, the girl also said (I don't remember to whom of the people who work with me) "It's better to be alone than to be in bad company"
We all concluded she's broke up.

Say these 14 words:
"Hey, would you like to go out for a coffee or something with me?"
@dulcinea Wouldn't it be quite shocking? Is it okey to go to the point that directly providing we have no relation at all?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Invite her for a fuck.
Of course you wouldn't say it that way because if you were able to do that without being a total freak would already do that.

So...sugarcoat it using a style she tends to like, just like all the banal women want.
Good Lord... Have you no shame? It's incredulously insulting that you would even suggest such a thing to OP; regardless of whether or not you're being serious. I hate to break it to you, but not all guys have one thing on their mind. And only God knows just how sick and tired of this misogynistic bullshit I am. So you have your grievances against women. Well congratulations!!! It's duly noted now. Unfortunately, it does absolute fuck all for OP and rest of us who have read your stupid ass joke/comment; or is it simply a pitiful attempt at creating levity, masked as a projection wreaking of personal failure(s)? Now, if you would be so kind as to offer a REAL suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say, I'm not an admin. That being said, you have 3 options at this point: 1.) You can take my post to you with a grain of salt -- if you'd most prefer. 2.) You can respond with a defensive post littered with insults that attack my character. 3.) BE A FUCKING ADULT. Apologize, take this shit seriously and actually be a contributing member of this thread -- rather than be a complete and total shit bag of epic proportions. It's clear from my stance where I stand on the matter, but the ball is in your court. Above all, regardless of your response, I implore you to do the right thing.

To OP,
My suggestion is don't put all your eggs in one basket. As others have suggested, ask her out and get to know her over a cup of coffee. Talk about her likes and her dislikes. I'm not going to sit here and tell you to "be yourself" because that's of no use to you, me or anyone else who is struggling with meeting the right girl, at the right time and under the right circumstances. Above all, remember that there's no such thing as Mr. Right -- There's only Mr. Chosen. Who you choose to be with should be an extension of who you already are. And as she evolves, so will you; and vice versa. And for the love of God, don't listen to those who imply that you did something to "creep" her out. Gathering the courage to talk to a potential romantic interest in the first place is unfathomably nerve-racking enough as it is. You don't need that added pressure; that would be like choosing to go skydiving without a parachute. I hope things work out in your favor. If she does happen to reject you though, know that I more than feel your pain -- because unlike SOME people, I have a little something called 'empathy'. It's more than okay to be bummed out about it. Just remember the most important thing: just because a door closes, that doesn't necessarily mean that all doors are closed; one will open. Right place. Right time. Right circumstances. No bull.

·
Registered
INFJ still fits least bad
6,819 Posts
@dulcinea Wouldn't it be quite shocking? Is it okey to go to the point that directly providing we have no relation at all?
Not always. Speaking from a female perspective, when a young man would frequent a place that I would work, despite being pretty oblivious, I could sometimes get a feel that he liked me, but even if I didn't, if I guy asked me out out of the blue, I would have a difficult time being rude to him or saying no in an over blunt way. It's always very flattering when a guy does this out of the blue.
I can't divine how she would feel about something like this, and being honest, it's always a risk putting yourself forward. It's sort of a risk vs potential reward thing.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Good Lord... Have you no shame? It's incredulously insulting that you would even suggest such a thing to OP; regardless of whether or not you're being serious. I hate to break it to you, but not all guys have one thing on their mind. And only God knows just how sick and tired of this misogynistic bullshit I am. So you have your grievances against women. Well congratulations!!! It's duly noted now. Unfortunately, it does absolute fuck all for OP and rest of us who have read your stupid ass joke/comment; or is it simply a pitiful attempt at creating levity, masked as a projection wreaking of personal failure(s)? Now, if you would be so kind as to offer a REAL suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say, I'm not an admin. That being said, you have 3 options at this point: 1.) You can take my post to you with a grain of salt -- if you'd most prefer. 2.) You can respond with a defensive post littered with insults that attack my character. 3.) BE A FUCKING ADULT. Apologize, take this shit seriously and actually be a contributing member of this thread -- rather than be a complete and total shit bag of epic proportions. It's clear from my stance where I stand on the matter, but the ball is in your court. Above all, regardless of your response, I implore you to do the right thing.
It seems that you are the person who has no shame and respect for the natural things that people do.
Not only do you insult me with this reply, but you insult a vast majority of people.

You are the one who has the wrong approach but you could not notice this because you are more focused on how right or wrong the approaches of others are than how good yours is. I see a GREAT hypocrite in you who is also signaling this. You are also selfish that you think only of yourself and the bullshit you are sick of, as if this would bring any additional validity to the argument you support, on the contrary, it denigrates it.

It seems that you know much better what falls and what does not fall into stupid comments, you probably have experience, I think, given how AGGRESIVE you get before asking for clarification.
You draw conclusions quickly and emotionally depending on what triggers you, your arguments cannot have any validity because they are highly influenced by your emotional state. They have value for you, not for others. And that's just because you think only about you when writing anything.

Do you realize that you are insulting a man you know nothing about?
That did nothing but reveal a characteristic character trait that you have.

Try more next time. But with people willing to listen to you. Or subhumans, maybe you get along better with them.

And an advice: Don't use holy words when adopting that attitude cause in that case you just show that you also have no respect for God either.
You act like you know what the right thing is and others have no idea, a flamboyant know-it-all.

I could easily bet that for you -> your values = the correct thing, other people values = the shit.

You do nothing but project your insecurities. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw this weakness that you have in others.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It seems that you are the person who has no shame and respect for the natural things that people do.
Not only do you insult me with this reply, but you insult a vast majority of people.

You are the one who has the wrong approach but you could not notice this because you are more focused on how right or wrong the approaches of others are than how good yours is. I see a GREAT hypocrite in you who is also signaling this. You are also selfish that you think only of yourself and the bullshit you are sick of, as if this would bring any additional validity to the argument you support, on the contrary, it denigrates it.

It seems that you know much better what falls and what does not fall into stupid comments, you probably have experience, I think, given how AGGRESIVE you get before asking for clarification.
You draw conclusions quickly and emotionally depending on what triggers you, your arguments cannot have any validity because they are highly influenced by your emotional state. They have value for you, not for others. And that's just because you think only about you when writing anything.

Do you realize that you are insulting a man you know nothing about?
That did nothing but reveal a characteristic character trait that you have.

Try more next time. But with people willing to listen to you. Or subhumans, maybe you get along better with them.

And an advice: Don't use holy words when adopting that attitude cause in that case you just show that you also have no respect for God either.
You act like you know what the right thing is and others have no idea, a flamboyant know-it-all.

I could easily bet that for you -> your values = the correct thing, other people values = the shit.

You do nothing but project your insecurities. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw this weakness that you have in others.
I knew you were going to attack my character. Do us all a favor: Get off your high horse and walk. Criticize me all you want. The fact of the matter is, I'm the one who offered actual advice. Again, you offered fuck all. You come into a thread where the OP is asking for relationship advice and you give someone advice to ask for a fuck? What's your major malfunction? Do you have ANY idea how many women are harassed by pickup artists with your diluted mentality? I don't need "clarification" for what you said. It's clear as day what you're promoting. And if you took the time to pull your head out of your ass, you'd realize I'm an ISFJ with strong moral values.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I knew you were going to attack my character. Do us all a favor: Get off your high horse and walk. Criticize me all you want. The fact of the matter is, I'm the one who offered actual advice. Again, you offered fuck all. You come into a thread where the OP is asking for relationship advice and you give someone advice to ask for a fuck? What's your major malfunction? Do you have ANY idea how many women are harassed by pickup artists with your diluted mentality? I don't need "clarification" for what you said. It's clear as day what you're promoting. And if you took the time to pull your head out of your ass, you'd realize I'm an ISFJ with strong moral values.
Do something first and then say "I knew you were going to turn my attitude around".
Just like I said, you are the only one who offers advice because only your advice is good.
The rest of us are outcasts.

Now you hide and blame the character traits behind a label "I'm ISFJ and that's why".
I wasn't expecting more from you, honestly.

To realize how much you care about helping people: first you turned to the advice of others instead of offering your own. And then you continued to divert the conversation, proving once again that you don't care about anything but yourself. Be honest: you care more about your emotional balance and your values than helping the OP. Otherwise you would not initiate an attack.

Your number one problem with my advice is that I haven't sugarcoated it enough for your preferences. I guarantee you that I will tell you exactly the same advice only with more beautiful words and that you would totally agree with me.

Well, be careful: No one is responsible for satisfying your tastes. If you have emotional baggage and something triggers you, that doesn't mean you have to pour out your anger in public.

OP did not say anything about my advice, either he took it into account or ignored it, he had a decent attitude.

The same cannot be said about you. You want people to satisfy your needs that you don't even convey.
Tell us what other dubious emotional baggage you have so I know what else to avoid writing, as apparently when I offer advice I have to make it sound good to you.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Do something first and then say "I knew you were going to turn my attitude around".
Just like I said, you are the only one who offers advice because only your advice is good.
The rest of us are outcasts.

Now you hide and blame the character traits behind a label "I'm ISFJ and that's why".
I wasn't expecting more from you, honestly.
I'm not hiding or blaming anything on anyone. I'm simply stating a fact. Your insufferablability leaves much to be desired. You come in here and you treat this thread like it's a God damn joke. I CARE about OP. I care that he comes out of this mentally and emotionally empowered; not scathed. And here, you have the gall to paint me as a tyrant? Yeah. Good luck with that. You're in the wrong. Plain and simple. You don't apply pickup artistry techniques out of the blue, let alone tell someone to go fuck somebody low key. And if your mother were around to hear/read what you're posting, I'm sure she'd have some choice words of her very own. Can you really sit there and defiantly defend your actions? Is this how your mother raised you to be? Morals aside, have you no human decency? A shred of remorse? If you can say unequivocally and without a doubt that you'd say the same thing within earshot of your own mother, I will digress and concede. I don't need to sit here and protect my honor -- cause there's nothing to protect. If you can't see why your post is so offensive to start with, then that's the crux of the problem.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I'm not hiding or blaming anything on anyone. I'm simply stating a fact. Your insufferablability leaves much to be desired. You come in here and you treat this thread like it's a God damn joke. I CARE about OP. I care that he comes out of this mentally and emotionally empowered; not scathed. And here, you have the gall to paint me as a tyrant? Yeah. Good luck with that. You're in the wrong. Plain and simple. You don't apply pickup artistry techniques out of the blue, let alone tell someone to go fuck somebody low key. And if your mother were around to hear/read what you're posting, I'm sure she'd have some choice words of her very own. Can you really sit there and defiantly defend your actions? Is this how your mother raised you to be? Morals aside, have you no human decency? A shred of remorse? If you can say unequivocally and without a doubt that you'd say the same thing within earshot of your own mother, I will digress and concede. I don't need to sit here and protect my honor -- cause there's nothing to protect. If you can't see why your post is so offensive to start with, then that's the crux of the problem.
You came here and initiated an attack first instead of focusing on OP. So the thing that "I care about OP" is just pure Fe palaver.
I tell you: you attacked my opinion because of it triggering your emotional response, not because you give a damn about OP. "I care about OP" is just a justification for being "bad".
Because you have to keep your "moral image" so your mother won't say that you're bad. That's your excuse to behave bad. "I care about OP".

If you cared so much about him, you wouldn't bring his thread into this state of disorganization. You realize it's all messed up now and you're to blame for 80% of all this, right?

I don't know what traumas you have with pickup artistry techniques, I have no idea what you're talking about. But you can talk more about it if you feel the need, I see that you bring this up often. Come on, vent it all out. But preferably in the topic of venting, if you have minimal respect for OP.
Or you can still try to focus on your attacks.

Now you bring the mothers into the discussion, aren't you adult enough to be able to have a conversation without moms holding our hands?

It is clear that you have deeply rooted morals that were taught to you by your mother.
I bet she is an awesome mom, but unfortunately you understood that "being moral" has to do something with "inspecting and evaluating other people morals", which in fact is an immoral act.

It's interesting how someone who thinks that is the "moral one" is capable of the deepest acts of immorality, right?
You want to call your mother into this conversation now so she can confirm your morals. "Look, I'm not wrong, right?"

Yes, you are. But it is none of my business. I don't judge you because of that. You are the way you are and I cannot change that. It's a shame though that you fail to understand where you are wrong.

My posts are offensive and then you do this:

Have you no shame?
It's incredulously insulting
your stupid ass joke/comment
Apologize, take this shit seriously
be a complete and total shit bag of epic proportions.
You kind of like playing the role of a moralistic wolf who knows them all and offers lessons in behavior and morality to others.
And not only do you do that, but you also give orders on how they should behave, so that they fit into your "morality" model.

What do you know about morality? Can a man who feels the need to draw superficial conclusions about a man after writing 2 sentences know something about morality?

I highly doubt it.

Stop talking about things totally foreign to you. Take out "God", "Honour", "Morality" and "Mother" when it comes to your emotional droppings. Not for nothing, but it's not worth dragging such beautiful things through your mud.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,876 Posts
I wouldn't do the coffee option like everyone else is pointing out. Offer something besides coffee because you sell coffee at your kiosk right? I'm not sure how I would take that comment, coming up to buy a cup of coffee and the person asking me if I want to get coffee. I'm sometimes dense at this stuff but I could reply back with "that's why I came here is to get coffee." Sometimes being blunt with someone is the best action. A comment of want to hang out is good. I would first find out things she likes and doesn't like. Ask her about current events, movies, music, etc. I would have gone with the coffee option too but you sell coffee. You could downplay your own product, like, "Hey I know a little coffee shop that's better than ours, my treat, would you like to meet up there and get to know each other?" Of course, take her to a coffee shop you've been to and actually like. I'm just throwing stuff out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you again for the answers. Now, my question is, isn't it off to ask for doing something out of the blue? Shouldn't I have to create a bond with her and then take a step forward?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thank you again for the answers. Now, my question is, isn't it off to ask for doing something out of the blue? Shouldn't I have to create a bond with her and then take a step forward?
I thought you had bonded from what I read above.

Have you thought about what exactly it is about her that has you crushing on her?
When you meet a someone who you should date, the compatibility should be beyond doubt. It should feel like you've been friends long before you even met. Usually the conversation flows so easily that you can pick it up at any later time.
So a date becomes just an opportunity to continue the great talks that you've experienced so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I thought you had bonded from what I read above.

Have you thought about what exactly it is about her that has you crushing on her?
When you meet a someone who you should date, the compatibility should be beyond doubt. It should feel like you've been friends long before you even met. Usually the conversation flows so easily that you can pick it up at any later time.
So a date becomes just an opportunity to continue the great talks that you've experienced so far.
Oh, sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear... So far, she just comes to buy or asks for smaller bills. When she comes, I always try to talk with her beyond the obvous things (how much does this cost, etc.) for instance, asking her how is her shop going. Also I try to slip kind of compliments or empathise with her, yesterday she asked for a sandwich and I noticed she was cold again. So while she was leaving I told her I would bring her the sandwich after having heated it up (also showing I care for her) and I added something like "oh, poor", like "what a pity you're cold". I guess the key is to do these little things in order to check if she reacts possitively and if so, then take a step forward.

Mainly her eyes. They are stunning...

Up until know I couldn't bring up a more personal topic, how could I do that?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts