Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N.B. I found these questions from another "Type Me" post - I don't know if there is a preferred list, so I hope this will do.
What do you like/dislike most about people?
Like: Being principled, kind, and passionate about things. People who enjoy ideas or discussion or just thoughts, and like challenging themselves. People who are interested in listening to me, as well as people who are interesting to listen to. I dislike people who go out of their way to make others uncomfortable, or think that they are a victim. I really dislike when people act as though they are better than anyone else, or that someone is not worth their time. People who don't stick to their values or change what they think is right and wrong as the wind changes really bother me too.

What do you like most about the favorite people in your life? Their compassion, and them taking me seriously as well as having fun. Being willing to just have fun with things and ideas.

What do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I like my vigour, and my ability to adapt, as well as my ability to see different perspectives and make connections between ideas/events. I like to think I can see when I'm wrong as well, which I think is a result of how much self analysis/understanding I am constantly doing (it's sort of self conscious). I dislike how annoyed I get at myself for messing up, and also dislike how excitable I can be - sometimes I don't listen to my gut, mess things up, and this annoys me a lot. I dislike my inability to follow through with a lot of projects that I wish I could finish, though this is less and less the case.

What do you spend the most time thinking about?
The future, and what it could be. What I am thinking, how I feel about certain things (e.g. politics/events), or planning/organising what I need to do next.

When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I usually ask a lot more questions, try and find out more about them. I crack a lot more jokes, and my humour becomes a little less sharp, but more self depreciating. If I haven't made a joke at your expense in 3 hours, but 45 jokes about how I'm trash at everything, I'm probably into you.

How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
In control and competent, but down-to-earth. I don't like people thinking that I think that I'm better than them - I want to seem like I could be anyone's friend. I try to be witty/funny, but also clever. My word choice can be a little old fashioned, but it's usually to make it as precise as possible, and I try and maintain a good standard of language.

What is your idea of the perfect day?
Sitting inside, while it's raining outside, with the fireplace on. Pizza. Good music. Friends with me. Playing video games, and talking about anything and everything - a conversation that ranges from philosophy to politics to computing to video games to gossip to sexuality to deep self analysis. For hours.

What are your most important values?
Equality, independence, integrity.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise.
War and Peace, 1984, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep favourite books. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Blade Runner, Django Unchained favourite films. Alien, Arrival, Sin City, Watchmen, Kill Bill, Fistful of Dollars also classics. Firefly, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls, Deutschland 83 favourite TV shows. Skins, Silicon Valley, Chuck, Scrubs also great.

What have people seen as your weaknesses?
Can sometimes be a dreamer/idealistic. My inability to finish things (though this is something that has turned into a bit of an insecurity, and so am trying to fix). Overexcitable/seem weird at times.

What have people seen as your strengths?
My passion, broad interests, ability to hold conversations. I do pretty well in my work, so that I guess. My debating/logic or pattern recognition as well.

How do you behave around strangers?
I'm usually pretty conscious of what I might make them think, but this may be me overanalysing things.

A friend is getting married and they put you in charge of the cake. You narrowed it down to two places to make an order. The first is a bakery with whom you got a good relationship with. The other is a well-known cake maker to whom everyone goes to (your friend hints to it as well). Which one do you choose and why?
Well known - the bakery may understand if I try and explain/apologise, but my friend wanted a cake from the well known cake maker. I'd probably try and do something to make up.

Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios? YES.
I see a lot of positives as well though - it's all possibilities - something could go really well or really badly. It's imagining worst and best case scenarios.

Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
Big risks, yes. I like to have thought things through at least a little. I'm not completely against risks though - I like to risk things at times, and a lot of things I do, I wing.

Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?

Not really.

Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?

I worry more what people may think, rather than the actual effect I've had, unless I feel like I've done something that may have hurt them.

Which fictional characters do you identify yourself as?
Probably Lorelai Gilmore. Can be judgemental, but is usually just looking to have fun, improve herself, and spend time with people she cares about. Her thought process via connections is pretty similar to how I think.
That's pretty much spot on.

Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
Maybe - I saw myself as kinder before, but I think I can be more callous than I realise. I know I can be judgemental, but I try my best to not show that. I think this might be because of my generally sarcastic/quippy sense of humour.

Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Relaxed, with a coffee in my hand, usually. When I'm having fun, I crack jokes, I laugh, and I try to make other people laugh too. I enjoy presenting/public speaking, and when doing that, I'm really casual - my presentations usually are funnier and picture based, while I'm explaining ideas and saying something else that may add to the humour on screen. In a discussion, I'll explore ideas, or play devil's advocate a lot.

Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I don't like being told what to do, but will usually do it - I can usually see why the way chosen has been chosen. If I disagree, I will ask/call it out, and I definitely don't like people who think they don't have a responsibility to the people they are leading, and their word is gospel.

Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I like meeting people, finding out about them, telling them about myself. I usually prefer one-on-one interaction, because with group interaction, I usually am a bit concerned about whether everyone is comfortable, and that I'm not the person who's just attention whoring. I definitely can lead/steer conversations easily, and I think that's my default.

Other information:

I see myself as quite analytical and logical. I feel everything really intensely, like I get really happy, or really annoyed. I don't get sad often, but people being dicks really annoys me. People being dicks to me, I usually don't mind as much, because I can snark/quip back, or ignore them, but people just being mean to someone for no reason grinds my gears. My hobbies are video games, making videos, art, reading, films, debating, and programming. I enjoy reading about maths, philosophy, and languages. My closest friends are INFJ, INTJ, INFP, ENFJ, INTP, ISTJ, and ISFJ.
I'm usually attracted to xNxJ.
I can answer other things if needed.

postscript: I thought for a while that I was an ENFP, though didn't really see myself fitting into the manic pixie dream girl stereotype, and thought I was too analytical/scrutinise others/ideas a lot. Maybe I just have a more developed Te? I don't really know.
I've been typed as every combination of ENxx on a variety of tests. I'd say the frequency distribution is something like ENFP 7/20, ENTP 6/20, ENTJ 4/20, ENFJ 3/20, though these tests don't always use the functions. The tests that do usually type me as INFP, which I cannot see at all. My Tx would be higher for sure.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Probably Lorelai Gilmore. Can be judgemental, but is usually just looking to have fun, improve herself, and spend time with people she cares about. Her thought process via connections is pretty similar to how I think.
One thing that I found interesting is that if you do a brief google search on Lorelai's MBTI type, people are saying ENFP. (I have never seen the show so all I had to go off of was Google) So if you relate strongly to her...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts