Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All INTJ's that I have ever known are great scholars. Comments?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't meet any other INTJ's in real life, but I can say that most of them I've met on here have great minds! But also there seems to be a number of people who THINK they're INTJ's yet aren't... so sometimes it can be confusing...

As for me, I would say I have a passion for "scholarly" subjects and value them very much in my life. I've always been diligent in learning and made/ make straight A's in school... :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would have to agree with you sir

Reactions: Roman

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd like a humble scholar who doesn't need praise. This invokes more room for improvement and perhaps a creation of heart-warming intentions, not wealth.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Flattery will get you everywhere in this world :wink:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
For a different take...

Presuming for a moment that you do want to find such a person, for which I do believe he or she does exist, here is something to ponder from Mastermind Profile from Keirsey.com:

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists.
Thus, I'd wonder how well are you going through various laboratories and other places looking for a less than scholarly INTJ? That's how I'd think you may find such a person. Course there is also the INTJ Forum to consider as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The title of this thread...
I don't think that's a grammatical situation in which you use the word "whom"
"who" should suffice.

It was bothering me.

(whom when referring to object of verb, who for referring to the subject)
I actually thought this point had already been established, but it frustrated me as well...

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I had a roommate who was also an INTJ... she wasn't that great academically.

I myself only started getting straight As recently; the past three years, after deciding to actually do the work.

I'm pretty sure I was always an INTx.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Comments:

• The grammatical error which has already previously been pointed out in this thread definitely bothers me very much.
  • I have yet to meet an ENFP whose spelling and grammar does not bother me. (Granted, many INFPs' spelling and grammar also bothers me.)
  • If INTJs were not decent scholars, what the hell would they be good for, anyway? Hrmph. Besides challenging me intellectually, as I do always crave, and saying exactly what I need to hear at any given time. And also science. And relating to my Aspy. Whatever.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Ok, ok, we all know the thread title has a grammatical error.

More important question is:

How do you INTJs do it?? >_>

I get straight As in classes I like (eg physics, philosophy, anything math, statistics)...but I can barely pass Accounting. BTW, I'm in University and it's my major, so all my classes are concentrated on Accounting. yech...

How do you guys do so well in EVERY class you take, including Accounting? Is it just superior intelligence? (Which unfortunately, I suspect.) To get straight A's in Accounting, I'd estimate a required IQ of 160+. But then, your type is supposed to be the smartest. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Ok, ok, we all know the thread title has a grammatical error.

How do you guys do so well in EVERY class you take, including Accounting? Is it just superior intelligence? (Which unfortunately, I suspect.) To get straight A's in Accounting, I'd estimate a required IQ of 160+. But then, your type is supposed to be the smartest. :crazy:
It's the ability to notice small details, perhaps.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts