Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it in myself that I am not able to relate to certain aspects of human nature, and it has made me feel like an alien/inhuman but whatever. I figured it's time to be honest about it.

1. ''Those are simply your feelings and thoughts, if they are not supported by logic, then they are invalid''

Huh? What?

Let me give an example. I actually believe that intuition has a strong scientific base. In fact, when people tell me,''oh wow how did you know that?'' I feel a bit weird because at the back of my mind, I always somehow ''just know'' that intuition can be considered scientific, I am just often wondering whether HOW I experience it makes me weird (because I'm insecure like that, sorry) I believe that intuitive experiences are actually a phenomena that have not been fully explained by science yet, but it weirds me out that people can be so quick to dismiss unusual experiences as 'unscientific' or 'delusional.'
Have they forgotten that science can evolve over time? It scares me that when people encounter things they are unable to understand, they quickly run and hide to their 'comfort zones' under the disguise of being 'scientific' when they actually sound irrational.

I actually can never understand the part of human condition of which there appears to be this need to prove that you are 'logically' right all the time. Frankly, it has gotten to the annoying point that I stop caring about the notion of 'logical fallacies' and sometimes I don't even know what is 'logic' anymore, because I feel that people have constructed into terms that fit their egos and value judgments.

I like logic. But since when do certain creative and powerful experiences have no realm in the sphere of logic?

Please, don't tell me that during certain darkest moments of your life, the first thought that flies through your mind is,''I must think/do what I think is considered logically right'' *Raises eyebrow* It astounds me how hypocritical people can be when they want to look down on things that they cannot understand.

An idealist may not live in the real world sometimes, but it is still a world nonetheless.

2. Love is abstract and it is defined differently for everyone

I wonder why this is so difficult for people to understand. Love is not something that is necessarily for the purpose of serving some fast paced, ‘’healthy’’ lifestyle that you have fit into your head based on a few unspoken rules by general society. Love is sacred and unique, and it has a different meaning for each one. And no, you cannot break down the entire universal concept of love into superficial terms, and I wonder why people find this hard to understand. Love is deep, it has layers, it has some unspoken meanings that cannot be shown in outside reality and it has a complex growth that even the best writers cannot grasp. Love often has peaceful, kind qualities, that’s for sure but it should not be fit into narrow minded boxes.

My point is from 1) and 2), I get annoyed when people choose to construct viewpoints on reality based on arrogance alone. I prefer talking to a delusional dreamer who’s trying to open his or her heart rather than people who want to act narrow minded, patronizing just because they are not open to things that they do not understand.

3. (I’m talking about the personal me now) People find it weird that I tend to analyze others on a deep level, and my flaw is that I tend to miss out on the obvious bits

It is just me. An INTJ once told me it is weird how I look into other people’s motives to determine something that relates to how I feel.

Well it is due to both my experiences and my nature. I prefer being in the company of someone who portrays an image of a bad person but is very sincere at the core, even if he or she has different views to mine instead of being drained by someone who appears all the niceness on the outside but has some hidden insincerity or emptiness in his or her heart. I usually like to look into what’s really deep inside a person, underneath the cores and facades and sometimes even surpassing some differences in beliefs, because I prefer being around someone who has light, no matter how impaired he or she seems in terms of communications or appropriateness in the eyes of others. I want to feel the energy, and it is comforting even if the person does not say much to me or even communicate enough with me.

I am someone who, if I like or love something/someone, I cannot give a crap if the rest of the world thinks it is stupid. It makes me appear abnormal in how I construct my life and how I relate to people, but I don’t really care anymore to be honest.

4. The need for people to start fights over the smallest things

This is a part of a human condition I will never understand, especially when it’s online.

Okay so someone is talking something personally about himself or herself, like for example, how he made a few past mistakes that he regret on a thread. Which suddenly spiral into people breaking into groups, fighting about what’s logically and morally right on how to handle a person’s social life..Say what? I don’t understand why you have to take something too personally when deep down inside you know you’re wasting your time and that it has nothing to do with you..

Like I said in point 1) I do not understand the need for people to prove themselves right logically most of the time until they end up fighting for hours online and somewhere along the line, the beauty that logic serves get lost.

Lastly, this might not be relevant to the thread..but I want to point this out, okay..

I am actually a religious person and I have certain religious principles I do not back down on. I am also at the same time a relaxed and moderate one. I cannot care less about trying to impose my views on others, thus I do not have the human condition of wanting to prove myself logically right all the time. Although I will get angry and I will fight back if you make unfair generalizations about my religious group.

So yes, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I have always felt that I am born weird, and that I am possibly not a normal society member, but I think it’s time I open up completely about it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
When I get the response, "Wow, how did you know that?" I always think, "Wow, how did you NOT know that..." So I can definitely relate to what you're saying there.
I've been called weird more than once. I consider it to be a compliment. Why would I want to be like those people? Their reality and mine rarely intersect.
I agree with your entire post.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for being accepting when I have opened up about a very real aspect of myself that I still get quite insecure about from time to time..That touches me.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
being real and unpleasant > being insincere and nice

i can dig this.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
26 Posts
ah..i feel you 100% on points 3 and 4.

On point 3, I don't feel I'd be able to be serious in a relationship or friendship if I don't feel I know the person at their core...even worse if I feel there's nothing there and they're all talk and fluff. Its just not sustainable for me because I won't feel I really know them and vice versa. Given that I look into people often when interacting, I'm usually able to quickly find out when people have an idea of who they are (who usually give rise to their ego)...or when people know who they are and can act from that base at all times. Regardless of my energetic (emotional) output or situational behavior, I still express myself from my core. Only a handful of people I know are able to recognize this, and these are the people I appreciate the most. Its nice to be seen and known for who I am.

gawd don't even get me started on point 4. I've grown to tolerate fussiness but I still hate to have to sit thru petty arguments and emotional explosions :confused: Unless I'm passionate about a topic and want to elaborate on it, I'll usually skip the argument topic and get straight to the solution. I don't like wasting energy...unless its a situation where I HAVE to engage someone to get through to them.

With all that said, I can relate to your sentiments. I like being different than the social norm. Although it may make some situations in life tough, nobody's got a cakewalk in life. I like who I am and carry my head high although I may not feel like it at times. I've got faith in god and in life and know enough to get me by without too much of a struggle. I guess thats all I've got to say for now. I liked this thread topic

·
Registered
806 Posts
You are not the only one. I may have a more common personality type, but I still find it difficult to relate to most people. I hope I didn't sound cold, because that was not my intention.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can totally relate, it makes me want to rip off my hair when I can't connect the other half of me. I can connect very easily with the basic norms of society, but the other half is just sitting inactive because people are so closed minded and judgmental. Its like half glass empty...

Either way, I still keep looking for people that I can relate to but they seem rare because they don't come often in my life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Studying evolutionary psychology the other day explained personality to me as different adaptations. Basically, although there may be only a few good ways to choose mates, that evolved strategy has no bearing on our other mechanisms (be it food searching, creativity, etc.). Reaching full reproductive fitness, being made up of many many different features, can be achieved in different ways. It was nice realizing that we're not biological freaks, we are in fact one particular type of successful model of human being. The reason why we're out of touch with the rest of society is simply because our model genetically does not appear as often as other types and therefore we suffer from the tyranny of the majority.

Human nature, I guess you can say then, is biologically fragmented and not one consistent whole that we seem not to fit.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wrote this thread last year. It's a thing of the past.

I think what matters more is what I can do personally with empathy, understanding others and not to force my views/beliefs on anyone.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
I skimmed a bit but I think this relates.

It pisses me off to no end that "it feels wrong, or I feel this or that," isnt a logical argument.

Like people will actually say, well stop feeling.

Lol like wt* is wrong with youuuu. Lol.

I'll come back, your post looks really intruiging. Its just very late.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts