Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone to this point where i stopped caring. I was yelled at by my family for failing a 100pt quiz even though I was told that they'll understand if i tried my hardest. I do, I really do. And they expect the things we learn about to be easy because it was easy for them. They want me to think about colleges and I am still a freshmen.

Is it bad that I don't care at all about my future right now? I do care, but I just don't somewhat. I dunno, I feel really numb about the future even though being a failure or disappointment is absolute shit. I mean, going to a good college is great, I don't want to think about it. I feel exactly like the song "Going Through the Motions" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I'm just really confused about everything. I just want to run away from everything, sorta like Margo Roth Spiegelman from Paper Towns by John Green.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know what you're talking about. I really think what you should do is try to explain to your parents that what they're doing isn't helping you, but hurting you. I feel that they aren't trying to be mean, they want to help, but they're obviously doing it in the wrong way. I think you should defintely find something you're interested in, and look around for a college for that. Maybe they'll have a less strigent entrance requirement, and it might calm your parents down.

But who knows, I'm a person staring at a computer screen. I might be crazy.

Reactions: airship_nebula

·
Registered
374 Posts
I felt the same way when I was in high school, more or less, although I never got any grade lower than a B because my school was highly competitive and there was peer pressure to do well academically. Thinking about college used to make me really upset because I felt like it was this thing I was being forced into and it was stressful, but now that I'm actually in college, I have to say, in various ways it's better than high school. If you do enjoy learning, there are a lot more classes you can take, and it's less restrictive overall.

High school is a lot of stress, I'm not surprised you want to just give up and walk away. :/ If you can, you might try taking classes at a local community college while you're in high school, though. It could make you feel differently about things.

I'm sorry your family isn't more understanding. I don't really know what to say about that... Do they just get mad you can't do everything on your own or do they offer to help at all?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I was yelled at by my family for failing a 100pt quiz even though I was told that they'll understand if i tried my hardest.
Why would they yell at you?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used to be like that too! And it was just last year that I was struggling with the same problem. It's better now to take a moment of thought to think why college matters you.

I've always been not very happy about studying and always try to run away from responsibility because they give me stress and everything just messed up easily. But then I realise that there are dreams I want to pursue I'm a rather good thinker and wants to be an academic one day, if not I want to be successful one day that I might be able to help others too. Though seem unrealisitc my ambition be, I still think that I'll be able to pursue what I feel like and what I like to do. I think the college stuff and getting a good job are like 'barriers of entry'. What I mean is that they stop you from becoming what you really want to be. They are hard to overcome usually but that's how life is. Trust me - follow your heart and don't be intimidated by responsibility.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. That's basically why I'm on this website.
I don't know what I want to do with my life. I have an associates degree but all I've taken are science and math. Both of which, I hate.
Every career I become interested in, I eventually change my mind because everyone tells me that it isn't worth it or its to hard to get a job.
My parents would love for me to be a scientist or engineer. I think I would make a horrible one. But I don't want to hurt them.
I feel like running away too.
I wish there was a separate world for people like us. We don't fit in to how the world wants us to be. Maybe not a world, but just and island or a village...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe we need an international INFP conference. That'd be pretty fun, wouldn't it?
and failing school seems to be what I excel at. I don't seem to belong in any form of group.
*ahem* not bragging here, just stating. in an exam I had an extremely high ability in language and other areas. yet my grades are
F F F F F. so if running away is not an option, than you, and me, and anyone else, needs to find a way to change. which is impossible, right? unless you pretend. and I will assume, that pretending comes easy for you, right?
Life isn't easy for anyone. but, we can all try. maybe thats all the advice I can give you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.