Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Infj probably 4w5 sp
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:
I’m new to this site but into the enneagram. I’ve taken a couple tests and my top three results are invariably 4,5 and 9- all withdrawn types.

I don’t see myself as a 5 but I toggle between typing myself as a 4 and a 9. I do exhibit tendencies of both (conflict avoidant like 9 and individualist, feelings driven and sometimes have nervous breakdowns like a 4.

Anyone else like this? Any advice on how to choose between 4 and 9? I kind of like the idea of being a 4 better

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
538 Posts
Hi everyone:
I’m new to this site but into the enneagram. I’ve taken a couple tests and my top three results are invariably 4,5 and 9- all withdrawn types.

I don’t see myself as a 5 but I toggle between typing myself as a 4 and a 9. I do exhibit tendencies of both (conflict avoidant like 9 and individualist, feelings driven and sometimes have nervous breakdowns like a 4.

Anyone else like this? Any advice on how to choose between 4 and 9? I kind of like the idea of being a 4 better
Not really a conclusive viewpoint, but generally the Enneagram you find less appealing is the one you actually have.
But it all comes down to research, you already narrowed it down to a type 4 and type 9.
Everyone has a little bit of every type in them, just make sure you really focus on the faults of each. You'll find the answer eventually.

Trust me, it ain't too much fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When under stress, do you tend to be responsive and kind of panic or do you look away from all of your problems and try to be chill?

Harmony Triads
4 in stress become emotionally reactive. They will express their problems, usually by making art, writing a journal or sharing the problems with friends.
9 in stress will focus on maintaining peace. They do so by overlooking their problems. Like being numb, I guess.

If you relate to the description of 4, lucky you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone:

In my experience, it's all about the basic fear/motivation kicking you in the gut in a wonderful/awful way all at once. the feeling is incomparable.

As a 4 I find I'm constantly wondering if I'm other types....which is about the most four thing I can think of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts