Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my thoughts as my facebook status a day or so ago, and a friend of mine who moved away a while back commented on it. My thoughts were this: " Boys lie. Friends cry. People die. Families say goodbye. Life happens. It's all part of a creation toward balance. Despite all of our fears and shortcomings, life goes on and it will be okay in the end. Smile in the morning because you woke up. Laugh throughout the day because you have the ability. Close your eyes at n...ight because you can rest. Be thankful you have what you do, and don't long for what you don't."

I thought it was okay, and I was sure I could have done better, but she really liked it. I got the general idea for the part up to "Life happens" from a quote I saw, and I tweaked it a little. The rest after that just kind of... flowed out of my mind. My friend, Kathy, wrote: "Well, where you "just winged it" is the best part! It's downright inspiring! I hope you don't mind that I put the quote on my computer. I see it when I turn my computer on. :)"

I was so happy when I read this. And now I'm being complained to by my INTJ room mate that I haven't done my share of the dishes. Way to put a damper on the mood... >.<;

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You're complaining of such a petty task after you said THAT inspirational reference?! Makes almost less than no sense. Also... if I don't long for what I don't have(certain achievements) how would they ever become accomplished? You usually can't say the same thing for everybody, at least not with the same results. However it does seem like what you said worked.

Good job. Keeping doing it, not many do.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're complaining of such a petty task after you said THAT inspirational reference?! Makes almost less than no sense. Also... if I don't long for what I don't have(certain achievements) how would they ever become accomplished? You usually can't say the same thing for everybody, at least not with the same results. However it does seem like what you said worked.

Good job. Keeping doing it, not many do.
Haha, well. He does get after me often for being too laid-back and relaxed. I was all excited and happy that I had inspired someone, and I told him about it. He just said, "That's nice... Now you haven't done your share of the dishes yet. Can you do them now?" I just kind of stared at him blankly for a second. Then I face-palmed.

I never said you can't strive to better yourself and get what you want; that's part of life. By "long for what you don't have," I mean those people who go to bed at night and think to themselves, "Man, I wish I had that new Mustang GT... I'll never get it, but I want it soooo bad." Then they're never happy because they always look for the better things and long for those. There's a difference between longing for something and striving for it. Longing implies that you just want it; striving means you're at least working towards it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts