Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always assumed it's easy to relax and to be truly at peace you need to work for it. Last night, someone was shitting on me for something that I did or didn't do and for the first time in my life I did these two things at once without having to think about first. I accepted what was true that was being said to me and just let life continue. I took everything in stride and just moved on without pausing to make sense of everything and planning what to do about it.

Seriously, as ENTP I never thought I would just be able to do this one day unless I worked usually hard and I don't know forced this habit on myself? I'm calling this at peace because that was the only word that made sense for what I experienced yesterday. And I'm delighted by this realization that I'm peaceful for the first time.

For the time being, I just am. No what, where, why, how, or who. I just am and that's it.

TL;DR: I am at peace. It just hit me very unexpectedly and I never believe I would just be at peace without working for it.

I'm sure this happened to tons of people as well, guess I'm now curious as to how someone else would describe this state of mind.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's a good feeling. I've noticed over the years that how I respond to things doesn't always have a lot to do with the things themselves. Being at peace in the way you describe is a true blessing, but like most things, it really does pass. Mind you, that means the shitty anxious times pass too.

Moments like this I make a little mental note to remember. They are a little light to shine on the difficult moments.

God, that sounds twee. Sorry!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have these moments, on occasion, followed not long after my moments of intense and constant thought that I can't seem to shake. I may take up meditation to try to calm my brain down, but being an ENTP, I'm not sure I'd stick with it very long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts