Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 20 years old and I'm a premed student, I took a career class and took the FULL Meyers Briggs assessment. The one that takes HOURS and then you wait a few weeks for your results, and two days ago I found out I'm I'm INFJ. I always thought I was insane or that everyone was like this and just never talked about it, but now, WHOA, I feel so much easier. I feel like I can embrace who I am and not have to pretend so hard. hahahahahha I am so happy! I am NOT INSANE! but I DO have a question, so lately (and I'm assuming this is just me becoming the woman I am going to be) at work and in all of my dealings with the general public I find myself without thinking about it, caring for the people I come across. I wonder if they're happy and if they look down I feel like I need to be there. I work at a womens clothing store, and if someone seems shy or alone, I draw near to her side and suggest something or compliment something shes trying on, it usually ends with her asking my name and returning later, i don't know, we end up friends sort of, and she usually leaves laughing. am I crazy? because this isn't just concern for the well being of others its more like, I feel what she feels and I cant even explain it, I just want for this stranger's happiness. sorry if what Im asking is obvious, I have only done a little research on my type and am mostly going off of what I got from class, which wasnt much, my professor said he has a son who is xxxx (I don't remember the combo) who dreams of an INFJ like me and that we should meet. is that true?Do people like INFJs? Id think theyd be annoyed with us as we are utterly insane. From my experience, IDK I never feel in harmony with those around me like im projecting this outwardly glib persona, when really there are so many other sides to me. gah sorry if this sounds crazy or went on for too long, I'm just amazed at finally learning about what I am, Ive always been so lost.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
welcome,

same sort of relief especially after correctly typing myself.

i won't be surprised if the professors son is an ENFP ...they want us badly. i feel almost like they hunt infjs and we are open all year round. i think people want infjs in their life because of our honesty, desire to help and our romance but they seem to forget we have issues and if you get too close... you learn our dark side. i think anyone that wishes they were an infj should seriously reconsider that wish. it isn't as rewarding being an infj compared to having one as a friend.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I felt a wave of relief when I discovered about personality types as well. In my daily travels, I never really encountered people similar to me, but knowing that I'm not just an alien in the world makes it easier.
yeah a wave of relief is exactly what I feel. also does anyone know how to take the pics from my album and make them my profile pic? random but i cant figure it out.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
yeah a wave of relief is exactly what I feel. also does anyone know how to take the pics from my album and make them my profile pic? random but i cant figure it out.
click the "User CP" link near the top of the page(it has wrench beside it and second one starting from the left) then look to the left of the page you went to and click "edit profile picture" on the "your control panel" i am sure you can handle the rest if not just ask

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
click the "User CP" link near the top of the page(it has wrench beside it and second one starting from the left) then look to the left of the page you went to and click "edit profile picture" on the "your control panel" i am sure you can handle the rest if not just ask
thank you Gildar

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome :laughing:

When I first tested INFJ (we all were taking them at work when we got a new Director) and started reading about it when I got home that night, I totally burst into tears. I felt, for the first time, that it was okay for me to be me, even if nobody else in the world gets it. It was like I was given "permission" to be just like I am.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Personality Types are more about the individual user and how they see themselves. But instead, most people use it as a label to project onto others. But this is how the world works...

·
Registered
946 Posts
To answer part of your question - yes, people often like INFJ's, though we may be a bit unusual.

So welcome to the club, and the boards. :)

Things do start to make a lot more sense when you read how we work, and why. Fair warning, being an INFJ doesn't mean you aren't insane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts