Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is "Holy Crap". It sounds like hyperbole, but it may be the most cohesive record I've ever heard. I don't even know how to evaluate any of the songs individually, save for the famous ones that had already been released (Good Vibrations, Heroes and Villians, Surf's Up). It's just a collective. I'd say it's easily going to become one of my top five albums, and that it topped Pet Sounds (and anything The Beatles released for that matter, with the possible exception of Revolver. But even if it had been released in 67/68 it still wouldn't of been the game-changer that Sgt. Pepper was.) It also spurred on my nagging desire to invest in a record player.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes, it is a very good album. I wonder what it would have been if it would indeed have been released in the 60's.
This album also really set apart the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson for me. I also absolutely love Pet Sounds (Here Today!)

I have the double CD, but I also would like to have the LP. Have you also heard the Brian Wilson Presents version?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts