Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend whom is a psychologist whom knows MBTI, and her test results came out very oddly. All of her results came out in the middle of each one. So it looked like this. She was in the middle with each stat.

All in all, she came out as an INTP, however, we talked about Ne, but she doesn't seem to have it. Her Se function is quite powerful though. So I'm assuming that she took the test wrong, and actually uses Se with a lot of Ni. Could this be the case? What are you all's diagnoses on this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
she's a psycologyst, she knows MBTI, so she tried to manipulate answers to get 50%50%?
it would be some experiment.
Have you not a result from when she DIDN'T know MBTI?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she's a psycologyst, she knows MBTI, so she tried to manipulate answers to get 50%50%?
it would be some experiment.
Have you not a result from when she DIDN'T know MBTI?
No she took the test first, then learned the system. Results came back the same before and after she knew the system. Hell, I know MBTI as well. I could probably manipulate the system to come out the say that I want it to come out to if I wanted to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
then she achieved to be a well developed person in every aspect of her inner? Good advertising for her customers :p
If you are sure of her functions %, then stick to that for type...

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then she achieved to be a well developed person in every aspect of her inner? Good advertising for her customers :p
If you are sure of her functions %, then stick to that for type...
I asked her functions. It definitely pointed to Ti< Se< Fe< Ni...............

which would be that of an ISTP

·
Registered
183 Posts
um..out of curiosity: she is a psycologist and knows MBTI: why are YOU typing HER? XD
What does she say of her own type? Didn't she accept the INTP result? And why?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
um..out of curiosity: she is a psycologist and knows MBTI: why are YOU typing HER? XD
What does she say of her own type? Didn't she accept the INTP result? And why?
I'm typing her, because S and N scores are very close. I believe that she uses a lot of Se, and plus she's never heard of the functions. Which I find that most psychologists don't. They rarely ever teach the functions in school.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ok...then i reckon you should be confident in your judgment. or give more informations on her. or teach her functions theory XD.

(and attract some oldest member: i am only at start in typing people without asking, with functions...but i'll follow you because i like it more than 'divided' four letters)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep I am teaching her the functions.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
ISTPs can often be mistyped as NT.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
She may be a psychologist and be familiar with MBTI, but that doesn't mean she knows herself that well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts