Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm Matt (or TemptedFate as on here) and, as you can tell, I'm an INFJ. I'm a college student majoring in comparative literature and I work teaching review sessions for a remedial English class. I'm usually found lurking around on the INFJ forum or the "What's My Personality Type?" forum. If you wanna ask anything or just wanna say hi feel free to message me :laughing:!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just want to say Hello,

You are a teacher, for me I can't imagine myself as a teacher especially literature.
Haha, I wouldn't say I am a teacher, but I do teach if that makes any sense haha. Unless you go by the theory that anyone who teaches is considered a teacher, then I guess I'm a teacher. Also, it's not really literature, unfortunately :(. It's very remedial English so things such as run-on sentences, nouns, adjectives, commas, spelling, etc. I have to admit, it can definitely be frustrating at times, but overall I quite enjoy my work and seeing that I influenced someone in some way.
Thanks for the hello by the way :).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Haha, I wouldn't say I am a teacher, but I do teach if that makes any sense haha. Unless you go by the theory that anyone who teaches is considered a teacher, then I guess I'm a teacher. Also, it's not really literature, unfortunately :(. It's very remedial English so things such as run-on sentences, nouns, adjectives, commas, spelling, etc. I have to admit, it can definitely be frustrating at times, but overall I quite enjoy my work and seeing that I influenced someone in some way.
Thanks for the hello by the way :).
Well that's what I'm talking about,
I would turn into bad teacher because of my personality, with my colleges they can't catch my thoughts, I always mix things up. What do you study in literature except Romeo and Juliet?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's what I'm talking about,
I would turn into bad teacher because of my personality, with my colleges they can't catch my thoughts, I always mix things up. What do you study in literature except Romeo and Juliet?
Haha a lot of things: short stories (e.g. The Lady with the Dog, Yellow Wallpaper, etc.), poems, novels, plays, etc. There's a lot of stuff to be found in literature and it can be very interdisciplinary too because off all the concepts that come into play within literature. Also, in comparative literature we look at works in the native language and compare them with works from the same time period within another language or country, it can be very interesting.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Haha a lot of things: short stories (e.g. The Lady with the Dog, Yellow Wallpaper, etc.), poems, novels, plays, etc. There's a lot of stuff to be found in literature and it can be very interdisciplinary too because off all the concepts that come into play within literature. Also, in comparative literature we look at works in the native language and compare them with works from the same time period within another language or country, it can be very interesting.
It's a good way to understand cultures and the differenceس between theme like history, which reminds me of the ancient Greeks works like the Iliad and the Odessa, I heard they are good but never tried to read theme.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt, I hope you enjoy your time here. ^.^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts