Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since finding out im an isfj ive done quite a lot of research on the isfj character as a whole, so i know about isfj's in general.

ive read up about all the different letters, but i cant really make sense of them all. i know in practice what being an introvert means, and how it manifests itself in my personality, eg im often quiet, and work well while just thinking about things.

i cant work out what the other letters mean in practice though. im not asking you to give me a definition, more of a practical explanation, what the letter means when its actually in me (if that makes sense ) what parts of my personality manifest, in a day to day life, the sfj qualities.

i fear im not explaining myself very well (im very overtired at the moment) but hopefully you get what i mean
x

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yay ISFJ! Welcome. :)

Check out our section of the forum! We're all still trying to figure ourselves out too, so no worries! A good one to check out is the "You Know You're An ISFJ If...." thread, or ones of the like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya !

ive actually been on this forum before, but i stopped a while back , just because of busy-ness, but this question has really been bothering me recently. i will check out that thread.

ps, i like your 'make love, not horcruxes' thingy :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
'S' means you are a sensor. Generally that means you are more in touch with the world around you, but specifically, it means within your first two functions(of the 4 functions that the types have), you have a sensing. 'F' means you are a Feeler. You are generally more prone to do things based on what "feels" right or what you "feel" like you are want to do, and less on what would seem necessarily "logical". It depth, it really means you have a Feeling function within your first two functions. 'J' usually means you organize/define your outside world(environment or relationships) yet generally are more lax in your ideas about things and how you view people. 'J' in specifics, really shows the orientation of your functions.

Here is a quick little synopsis for you:

Your primary function is Si(Introverted Sensing), how this relates to your daily life:
-When you noticed something out of place
-When you see someone who looks like someone else
-When you noticed patterns and mannerisms of others
-When you take past experiences and formulate them to predict certain things(i.e. you know that the mail man comes every day at 3:30pm, except on Fridays cause the neighbor lets out his dog, so the mail man doubles back to get to you)

Your secondary function is Fe(Extroverted Feeling), how this relates to your daily life:
-You will generally be polite and kind to people
-You seek to connect with others
-You empathize with others, some time to the point of feeling what they feel

Your third function is Ti(Introverted Thinking), how this relates to your daily life:
-You think about things, events, people, processing it
-You come to define things
-You seek clarity and understanding

Your forth function is Ne(Extroverted Intuition), how this relates to your daily life:
-Allows you to take an piece of information and see multiple outcomes
-Allows you to feel a group for making jokes
-Allows you to make connections, sometimes long after the fact

I hope this helped. I honestly have found the best way to understand ISFJ's is to observe myself, figure out why I do the things I do. Observing other ISFJ's is also helpful.

If you want to see probably the clearest portrayal of a ISFJ, watch Full Metal Panic. Its an anime series where in the main character, Sosuke Sagarra, is an ISFJ, but be warned, it does have some obscene violence from time to time, and is only really good for how others view ISFJ's, not how and why ISFJ's act the way they do. Its obvious by the way the creator handles the character that he has an appreciation, but not necessarily the best understanding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, most of that makes sence. how come though im an isfj, then some of my functions are Ti and Ne ?? could you explain that bit to me please

thanks for your help so far :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ISFJ point to the first two functions directly I suppose, but this causes the order of other cognitive functions to follow in a certain way.

We all use a thinking function, however as feelers, our feeling one comes first.

So the J shows the judging function (F/T) will be extraverted, and the I shows it'll be the second function, as our introverted function is dominant, aka our percieving function - Si.

Our Dominant function is Si as we use S, and as we're Judging Introverts, our auxillary, or second function is our extraverted judging one: feeling; Fe. Then comes our teritary function, it's introverted, and it's got to be the other judging function (T - Ti) as Judging and percieving functions must alternate in terms of being extraverted or intraverted.

Then comes our inferior Percieving function: Ne.

So we have ISFJ: Si, Fe, Ti, Ne.

They say our Ne is childlike; allows for innocent, sometimes impish punning and behaviour - like mini, less developed ENTPness.

Ti I think of as one of the bits that keep me up at night; making sense of the day: clarifying. Though to isolate a function in such a way is simplifying/stylising things.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You also have to realize that as a feeler, you do also have the ability to think rationally and logically, in fact, you WILL. You just don't show it. The introverted thinking means most of your rational thinking is done internally and you rarely express your logic. It just drives your need for things to make sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts