Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years as I've taken the MBTI test I've predominantly scored as an INFJ. But as the years have gone by I started identifying less with the type's description and in recent months, started testing as a variety of different types.

I take this test often and as I said before, I used to get INFJ pretty frequently. But now I basically get INxx (as of late mostly INxP) All four of these types have major aspects that I relate to, but overall I can't say it describes me accurately. If all four types were to be combined together it'd describe me to a T.

Here's my cognitive function results:
Fi - Te - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Ne - Se

Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||| 6.94
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||| 6.7
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||| 6.635
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.38
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.16
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||| 1.91
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||| 1.39
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -2.06

The questionnaire:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
As I've gotten older I've become much more cynical and listless towards life and things in general, especially with people. Despite that I can easily see how someone is feeling, I've grown apathetic towards catering to them as I find it hard to deal with people's emotions while simultaneously managing with my own; it feels like I'm consuming theirs and putting my own on the backburner. And basically the INFJ personality type is a living empathy detector, which even though I can see how people feel, I don't care enough to acknowledge it or act on it anymore.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Money and leisure, and then acclaim as an optional cherry on the top. I want money first and foremost so I can live comfortably without having to be heavily concerned about my finances. And I want lots of leisure time because I despise anything that doesn't give me my own breathing room (e.g. school). An overload of responsibilities puts my own interests to the side and I lose a sense of what I'm doing. I find it hard to "be myself" if I can't delve into my own interests. And acclaim, this is somewhat related to money in a sense, since I believe that the richer you are the more people will pay attention to you. Stems from my school days of not receiving enough attention to my needs from my peers, but as I said it's not a necessity of mine in my goals

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Uhh I can't think back to a specific time, but I can think of a "pinnacle" of sorts where I make a high achievement (i.e high grades) that makes me proud of myself for meeting or surpassing my own expectations of myself. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Oh boy where to start...biggest inferiority pet peeve is people not taking me seriously (an obvious one), don't know why exactly. I occasionally feel like I'm infantilized by my older peers which fuels my inferiority complex. I just hate being talked down to like I'm beneath someone and treated as such. Also being ignored makes me feel inferior

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think of the outcome of the decision, the people (only if I care enough about them/and or if I'll get in trouble - aka some authoritative figure like a teacher), and if I can get away with it, which I mentally weigh the odds of being caught if there's any cons.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is getting the thing done. Depending on how much I care about the project (I tend to care about my art projects more) I'll either put vigorous effort into it or complete it for the sake of completing it (and a decent grade).

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Uh probably last night. I was talking to buds of mine in a chat and we were just watching youtube videos and laughing our asses off. Such a simplistic night but it made me content for the following day.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
It depends, but I normally do the latter two. I to think about the concept that I just learned and memorize it depending on how much I care about it or need to know it (e.g. for a test). Often times if it's like a formula of sort I like to work "hands on" with it so I can not only mentally memorize it, but physically as well. It's saved my ass plenty of times on numerous of math tests when I mentally forget a concept, but my hands remember writing the formula.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Organized to my own satisfaction. Which is, placing things outside of its keeping place until it starts to compile. And then I clean it and organize it. Lather, rinse, repeat. This basically applies to most of everything: my room, my school work, etc.

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
There's no set way that I judge an idea; it's too sporadic for me to list it all out. But for the latter part, it depends. If I intuitively understand it, I don't seek any information to reaffirm it. However if I don't understand it off the bat, I need some further explanation so I can get the gist of it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Related to what I said in the first question, I find it hard to manage other people, so I focus solely on myself. For the most part I don't like group activities as they rarely ever go the way I want them to, plus I find it annoying to deal with people other than myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Mixture of both, but I tend to mentally write scripts before I say something, just to make sure there's no error in what I say. I find it difficult speaking while simultaneously thinking because I often mess up and don't relay what I want to say very well. And in general I like one on one convos more, but group ones are fine as long as I'm genuine friends - ones I feel comfortable around.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I have to know what's going on before I do something, even if it's the slightest amount of information. If I don't, then the odds of me doing it are pretty slim

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
My show > my "friends." I'll change my plans if it's an actual friend that I care about, which isn't many people.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'm practically a worry rat all the time. I'm often anxious, high-string, irritable, when I'm stressed.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
If they do something that I'm really against. I don't think this is a very good reason to dislike someone's personality, but for whatever reason I'm honed into trying to understand why they do the things they do, and if I can't find a reason that's up to my standards, then I get irritated by it.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
My interests, which I generally keep to myself. I really like talking about anything honestly. I don't for the most part because I have to feel comfortable around a person for me to open up to them. And sometimes that requires lots of time to build that comfort, or it could be spontaneous. I rely on my intuition to tell me how comfortable I'd feel around a person

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Moral and political correctness & following rules and routines/schedules

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Probably that I'm a very nice friend, funny, very caring and attentive to their feelings and overall supportive. Their perception will never be in line with my own so I don't see anything "wrong" with it persay. And my friends would never say that I'm mean/spiteful, even though that's far from the truth.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Swimming, video games, watching anime/reading manga, running in a park, playing volleyball and tennis, visit some high-class art museums - all of this with my friends of course, and lastly: sleep

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My guess is ISFP. I'm not really sure though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think you are an ISTP

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is ISFP. I'm not really sure though.
I think you are an ISTP
What makes you two say these types? I got both of these types recently. I definitely relate to the "Need a lot of personal space, which they don't like to have invaded" part of both types the most out of anything, though I don't think I'm a sensor type. It's somewhat marginal but I handle things looking towards the future than day-by-day. I'm not too big of a fan of handling things pragmatically, albeit that's the way I've been have been lately.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Can you elaborate? I'm curious how you guys are coming up to your conclusions
Okay, I'll go through it all and give you a brief explanation. The parts in red are the main reason I chose the answers I did.

"As I've gotten older I've become much more cynical and listless towards life and things in general, especially with people. Despite that I can easily see how someone is feeling, I've grown apathetic towards catering to them as I find it hard to deal with people's emotions while simultaneously managing with my own; it feels like I'm consuming theirs and putting my own on the backburner. And basically the INFJ personality type is a living empathy detector, which even though I can see how people feel, I don't care enough to acknowledge it or act on it anymore."
This is a very Fi statement. Being aware of others and their emotions, but being so drawn into the self that you are incapable of caring much anymore. I actually relate to this quite a lot. Also, it's not uncommon for Fi-doms (especially ISFP's) to lose their zest for life at times.

Money and leisure, and then acclaim as an optional cherry on the top. I want money first and foremost so I can live comfortably without having to be heavily concerned about my finances. And I want lots of leisure time because I despise anything that doesn't give me my own breathing room (e.g. school). An overload of responsibilities puts my own interests to the side and I lose a sense of what I'm doing. I find it hard to "be myself" if I can't delve into my own interests. And acclaim, this is somewhat related to money in a sense, since I believe that the richer you are the more people will pay attention to you. Stems from my school days of not receiving enough attention to my needs from my peers, but as I said it's not a necessity of mine in my goals.
This is packed with Fi-Se. Fi wanting to be special. Se wanting comfort and acclaim. Also, inferior Te may be playing a role in your desire for acclaim, specifically.

Oh boy where to start...biggest inferiority pet peeve is people not taking me seriously (an obvious one), don't know why exactly. I occasionally feel like I'm infantilized by my older peers which fuels my inferiority complex. I just hate being talked down to like I'm beneath someone and treated as such. Also being ignored makes me feel inferior.
Very, very Fi. I relate to this a lot.

I think of the outcome of the decision, the people (only if I care enough about them/and or if I'll get in trouble - aka some authoritative figure like a teacher), and if I can get away with it, which I mentally weigh the odds of being caught if there's any cons.
Fi/Te.

Uh probably last night. I was talking to buds of mine in a chat and we were just watching youtube videos and laughing our asses off. Such a simplistic night but it made me content for the following day.
Se.

Organized to my own satisfaction. Which is, placing things outside of its keeping place until it starts to compile. And then I clean it and organize it. Lather, rinse, repeat. This basically applies to most of everything: my room, my school work, etc.
Lazy Fi and Se combined, with inferior Te kicking when your Se realizes how messy your room has become.

There's no set way that I judge an idea; it's too sporadic for me to list it all out. But for the latter part, it depends. If I intuitively understand it, I don't seek any information to reaffirm it. However if I don't understand it off the bat, I need some further explanation so I can get the gist of it.
Lot's of Se/Ni in here.

Related to what I said in the first question, I find it hard to manage other people, so I focus solely on myself. For the most part I don't like group activities as they rarely ever go the way I want them to, plus I find it annoying to deal with people other than myself.
Fi dominance. Leads you to only be able to control yourself.

I have to know what's going on before I do something, even if it's the slightest amount of information. If I don't, then the odds of me doing it are pretty.
Tertiary Ni.

If they do something that I'm really against. I don't think this is a very good reason to dislike someone's personality, but for whatever reason I'm honed into trying to understand why they do the things they do, and if I can't find a reason that's up to my standards, then I get irritated by it.
Fi.

My interests, which I generally keep to myself. I really like talking about anything honestly. I don't for the most part because I have to feel comfortable around a person for me to open up to them. And sometimes that requires lots of time to build that comfort, or it could be spontaneous. I rely on my intuition to tell me how comfortable I'd feel around a person.
Fi.

This is indicative of a strong Pe function (in your case, Se) and a lack of an strong Je function (in your case, Te.)

Probably that I'm a very nice friend, funny, very caring and attentive to their feelings and overall supportive. Their perception will never be in line with my own so I don't see anything "wrong" with it persay. And my friends would never say that I'm mean/spiteful, even though that's far from the truth.
Fi and it's classic hiding it's opinions from others.

Swimming, video games, watching anime/reading manga, running in a park, playing volleyball and tennis, visit some high-class art museums - all of this with my friends of course, and lastly: sleep
All of this indicates Se, with your liking of sports and active activities.

Hope this cleared some things up.

Reactions: Mamoru

·
Registered
876 Posts
What makes you two say these types? I got both of these types recently. I definitely relate to the "Need a lot of personal space, which they don't like to have invaded" part of both types the most out of anything, though I don't think I'm a sensor type. It's somewhat marginal but I handle things looking towards the future than day-by-day. I'm not too big of a fan of handling things pragmatically, albeit that's the way I've been have been lately.
Alright

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Money and leisure, and then acclaim as an optional cherry on the top. I want money first and foremost so I can live comfortably without having to be heavily concerned about my finances. And I want lots of leisure time because I despise anything that doesn't give me my own breathing room (e.g. school). An overload of responsibilities puts my own interests to the side and I lose a sense of what I'm doing. I find it hard to "be myself" if I can't delve into my own interests. And acclaim, this is somewhat related to money in a sense, since I believe that the richer you are the more people will pay attention to you. Stems from my school days of not receiving enough attention to my needs from my peers, but as I said it's not a necessity of mine in my goals
We all want money.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Uhh I can't think back to a specific time, but I can think of a "pinnacle" of sorts where I make a high achievement (i.e high grades) that makes me proud of myself for meeting or surpassing my own expectations of myself. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
No function

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Oh boy where to start...biggest inferiority pet peeve is people not taking me seriously (an obvious one), don't know why exactly. I occasionally feel like I'm infantilized by my older peers which fuels my inferiority complex. I just hate being talked down to like I'm beneath someone and treated as such. Also being ignored makes me feel inferior
Ti makes you feel smart (maybe)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Ti with a hint of Fe

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is getting the thing done. Depending on how much I care about the project (I tend to care about my art projects more) I'll either put vigorous effort into it or complete it for the sake of completing it (and a decent grade).
Se wanting to control your environment (this could also be Te so let's keep going).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
It depends, but I normally do the latter two. I to think about the concept that I just learned and memorize it depending on how much I care about it or need to know it (e.g. for a test). Often times if it's like a formula of sort I like to work "hands on" with it so I can not only mentally memorize it, but physically as well. It's saved my ass plenty of times on numerous of math tests when I mentally forget a concept, but my hands remember writing the formula.
Se with some Ti

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Perceiver

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
This is Ti

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
This makes me think you are an introvert and a thinker. Wanting to manage people could be Se.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Mixture of both, but I tend to mentally write scripts before I say something, just to make sure there's no error in what I say. I find it difficult speaking while simultaneously thinking because I often mess up and don't relay what I want to say very well. And in general I like one on one convos more, but group ones are fine as long as I'm genuine friends - ones I feel comfortable around.
Introvert.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
My show > my "friends." I'll change my plans if it's an actual friend that I care about, which isn't many people.
Introvert with a week feeling function

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
This is the only thing that made me think Fi but there seems to be more evidence for Ti

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Sounds like an ISTP

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I thought feeler until the end part.

You can see why I said ISTP now

Plus you thought you were an INFJ which has the same functions as an ISTP just an a different order

The reason I didn't analyze every question was because I couldn't see a function in every question

·
Registered
370 Posts
Definitely an ISTP. You're relatively wanton and careless. Your indifference to others and lack of interest in their feelings could be perceived as unhealthy ISFP, but I see more Ti (it's evident you have no Fe in your system whatsoever). I doubt you're an N because the majority of your answers reflect a lot of Se-Aux. Sorry, that's the best I could do

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Gurpy @TelepathicGoose @LordDarthMoominKirby Thanks guys for your explanations. They really helped out a lot. I boiled it down to IxFx. I test as a T type on occasion, but the types don't consistently describe me. Even though I brush people off it's more of a defense mechanism rather than me being truly apathetic. I find it hard dealing with other's emotions so I put other people's after my own to maintain my own sanity, but I still care about people nonetheless. After some more researching I think I'm an ISFP more than any other type, but I'm still not sure. I identify with a nice amount of aspects of the ISFP personality but there are some major ones that don't really apply to me, such as the earthy/sensuous and laid-back parts. I'm pretty high-strung most of the time and have a hard time relaxing. And I'm also not big on arts; even though I love the art classes I take, art and aesthetics aren't a major aspect of my life. And I'm not action-oriented either. The S aspect is really what I'm questioning here; I'm not very reality-driven. I think I'm much more conventional than what I lead myself on to be years ago, but not to the point where I like handling things in a day-by-day manner; handling things in that kind of manner is too slow for me. I normally do things anticipating them ahead of time (planning ahead basically) which isn't the best of ways either for me, but it's much more comfortable than handling things on a day-to-day basis. I think my S and N are extremely marginal and I'm not sure which side I lean on. I'm practically right in the median between them if I had to calculate it myself.

I also would like to ask is it a concern that I don't always test as an ISFP frequently? It's only ever so often that I get it. And if I take another test (e.g. 16personalities.com) I always get INFJ or INFP. I definitely can mark off being an INFP; I'm definietly not as intuitive and outwardly sensitive as the description implies they are.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also got an overall vibe of ISXP, for the same reasons everyone above me already explained, so I'm not going into that again.

I also would like to ask is it a concern that I don't always test as an ISFP frequently? It's only ever so often that I get it. And if I take another test (e.g. 16personalities.com) I always get INFJ or INFP. I definitely can mark off being an INFP; I'm definietly not as intuitive and outwardly sensitive as the description implies they are.
You shouldn't put any stock in the results of those tests whatsoever. They're highly inaccurate and skewed towards iNtuitive types anyway.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@Gurpy @TelepathicGoose @LordDarthMoominKirby Thanks guys for your explanations. They really helped out a lot. I boiled it down to IxFx. I test as a T type on occasion, but the types don't consistently describe me. Even though I brush people off it's more of a defense mechanism rather than me being truly apathetic. I find it hard dealing with other's emotions so I put other people's after my own to maintain my own sanity, but I still care about people nonetheless. After some more researching I think I'm an ISFP more than any other type, but I'm still not sure. I identify with a nice amount of aspects of the ISFP personality but there are some major ones that don't really apply to me, such as the earthy/sensuous and laid-back parts. I'm pretty high-strung most of the time and have a hard time relaxing. And I'm also not big on arts; even though I love the art classes I take, art and aesthetics aren't a major aspect of my life. And I'm not action-oriented either. The S aspect is really what I'm questioning here; I'm not very reality-driven. I think I'm much more conventional than what I lead myself on to be years ago, but not to the point where I like handling things in a day-by-day manner; handling things in that kind of manner is too slow for me. I normally do things anticipating them ahead of time (planning ahead basically) which isn't the best of ways either for me, but it's much more comfortable than handling things on a day-to-day basis. I think my S and N are extremely marginal and I'm not sure which side I lean on. I'm practically right in the median between them if I had to calculate it myself.

Because, the non-cognitive function MBTI tests (the ones that rely on dichotomies), take each side to an over-generalized extreme. Especially for judging dominant S types (ESJs and ISPs), because their tertiary function is intuition, and tertiary functions are often very strong, their "sensing" is not going to be as strong, and neither is their "intuition." Also, they tend to not fit the sensing descriptions as well.

·
Registered
876 Posts

Here is a good way to tell if your a sensor or an Intuitive type.

Desktop Wallpapers » Natural Backgrounds » Natural Beauty » www.desktopdress.com

Describe this picture. Your description could help me help you figure out your type.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also got an overall vibe of ISXP, for the same reasons everyone above me already explained, so I'm not going into that again.

You shouldn't put any stock in the results of those tests whatsoever. They're highly inaccurate and skewed towards iNtuitive types anyway.
I've read about the intuition bias before. Is there some reason for this?

Here is a good way to tell if your a sensor or an Intuitive type.

Desktop Wallpapers » Natural Backgrounds » Natural Beauty » www.desktopdress.com

Describe this picture. Your description could help me help you figure out your type.
hmm, to simply put it: serene, lively, real, vibrant. A place I'd love to just stare at. And it seems like a place I'd play in when I was a child too

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I've read about the intuition bias before. Is there some reason for this?

hmm, to simply put it: serene, lively, real, vibrant. A place I'd love to just stare at. And it seems like a place I'd play in when I was a child too
The iNutitive bias...ugh. Not really quite sure why that exists...it's quite idiotic. I think it relies on the idea that because iNtuitives are better at abstract thought, we're somehow smarter. It's quite dumb, I personally believe every type can be amazing.

Also, your interpretation of the picture seems pretty Se/Ni to me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The iNutitive bias...ugh. Not really quite sure why that exists...it's quite idiotic. I think it relies on the idea that because iNtuitives are better at abstract thought, we're somehow smarter. It's quite dumb, I personally believe every type can be amazing.

Also, your interpretation of the picture seems pretty Se/Ni to me.
I was thinking the same; that intuitive types are more "special" and useful. Thinking about it, there is a noticeably different quality of writing in the descriptions of S and N types. ESFJ's is especially the worst of the bunch. The type description left a very bad impression on my sister after she tested as an ESFJ

@Mamoru

I would say you an ISFP
cool. ISFP's the best fit for me out of the rest of the types for now so I think this case is done for the most part

and also a last question: are there any good in-depth profiles of an ISFP? I've read 16personalities and personalitypage's profiles and it's pretty much a saying the same thing: "earthy" and "sensuous" freelancer that loves aesthetics. I just need to read some good pages to get more insight on this type now

·
Registered
370 Posts

Ah, that would make sense. In that case, you are an ISFP :happy:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Over the years as I've taken the MBTI test I've predominantly scored as an INFJ. But as the years have gone by I started identifying less with the type's description and in recent months, started testing as a variety of different types.

I take this test often and as I said before, I used to get INFJ pretty frequently. But now I basically get INxx (as of late mostly INxP) All four of these types have major aspects that I relate to, but overall I can't say it describes me accurately. If all four types were to be combined together it'd describe me to a T.

Here's my cognitive function results:
Fi - Te - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Ne - Se

Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||| 6.94
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||| 6.7
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||| 6.635
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.38
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.16
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||| 1.91
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||| 1.39
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -2.06
I'd figure your cognitive functions (plus questionnaire) result as INTJ because it's the best combination of your highest, nearly identical, scores.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts