Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No other type is as condescending and pointlessly aggressive as you.
When you try to rein us in, you can be so insulting that there were times that all the 8's I've met in my life, I've felt like I want nothing to do with an 8. Your type is so strongly influential and pervasive, yet belittling that even with your virtues, I've wanted to and have cut 8's out of my life completely. You have enough power to influence us to do the wrong thing sometimes, and this can make anyone want to stay the hell away.

Yet when 8's are at their best, they are a wellspring of confidence from which I can draw. Your confidence can rub off on me in an extremely effective way, that really helps me overcome the 4's tendency to second-guess himself. No other type has the ability to make others feel so secure, as you possess the clearest of leadership, like a lighthouse in a storm. And just as your magnanimous power must be used so precisely and carefully, in the same way my unique abilities must be harnessed properly and not allowed to run wild, lest I lose control of myself.

I've come across several 8's recently in my life... your type is so obvious. What to do you think of us 4's?

-from a 4 to all 8's

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
When you try to rein us in, you can be so insulting that there were times that all the 8's I've met in my life, I've felt like I want nothing to do with an 8. Your type is so strongly influential and pervasive, yet belittling that even with your virtues, I've wanted to and have cut 8's out of my life completely. You have enough power to influence us to do the wrong thing sometimes, and this can make anyone want to stay the hell away.

Yet when 8's are at their best, they are a wellspring of confidence from which I can draw. Your confidence can rub off on me in an extremely effective way, that really helps me overcome the 4's tendency to second-guess himself. No other type has the ability to make others feel so secure, as you possess the clearest of leadership, like a lighthouse in a storm. And just as your magnanimous power must be used so precisely and carefully, in the same way my unique abilities must be harnessed properly and not allowed to run wild, lest I lose control of myself.

I've come across several 8's recently in my life... your type is so obvious. What to do you think of us 4's?

-from a 4 to all 8's
I don't know any 4s IRL. Doubt that you know that many 8's IRL, if one at all. Sounds like you need to go let off steam at whomever was the reason you posted your vent thread.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know any 4s IRL. Doubt that you know that many 8's IRL, if one at all. Sounds like you need to go let off steam at whomever was the reason you posted your vent thread.
LoL way to make a hasty assumption. I've gotten to know at least two 8's in my life quite well. One was Matt, a very good friend of mine who unfortunately was such a bad influence that I had to move on. As much fun, comfort, and company I got from a guy who is so reassuring, his interests were gambling and drugs and his friendship wasn't worth the damage.

Right now I work with a supervisor named Christa, who is insufferable. She's not evil, she is just an unbalanced 8, it is difficult to have a decent conversation with her because she instinctively needs to force an opinion down your throat. Its unpleasant to communicate with a person who always responds so aggressively... and it looks like I've just met another 8 in n2freedom. : )

Pleasure to meet you!

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I do not appreciate your reply.
You can do better than that!
Not my problem. If you're looking for a fight, then go fight with whomever is condescending and pointlessly aggressive towards you. And, who attempts to rein you in and can be so insulting that they make you want to have nothing to do with them. Who is so strongly influential and persuasive, yet belittling that even with their virtues, you've wanted to and have cut them out of your life completely. Go fight with them about the power they have to influence you to do the wrong thing sometimes, and make you want to stay the hell away.

In other words, take the victim show back to the person you perceived victimized you. Albeit this has been quite entertaining to say the least. :laughing::laughing::laughing::wink:

·
Registered
281 Posts

I second this!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
n2-

Hah for the record, I totally went back and edited my post... wasn't happy with such simplicity. But you caught me! Good work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nobody said they didn't like 8's, just that it was a love/hate relationship. I know an 8 wouldn't care whether or not I like them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys do realize that 8s don't care if you don't like them right?

Nah, they just hate admitting weakness. Admitting weakness is as hard for an 8 as it is hard for a 4 to look in the mirror without finding a flaw in ourselves.

I love the cheetah, though.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
LoL way to make a hasty assumption. I've gotten to know at least two 8's in my life quite well. One was Matt, a very good friend of mine who unfortunately was such a bad influence that I had to move on. As much fun, comfort, and company I got from a guy who is so reassuring, his interests were gambling and drugs and his friendship wasn't worth the damage.

Right now I work with a supervisor named Christa, who is insufferable. She's not evil, she is just an unbalanced 8, it is difficult to have a decent conversation with her because she instinctively needs to force an opinion down your throat. Its unpleasant to communicate with a person who always responds so aggressively... and it looks like I've just met another 8 in n2freedom. : )

Pleasure to meet you!
You're funny. Here is the thing with the "I know an 8 IRL thing". Most people don't even know what type 8 is really about. Secondly, type 8 tends to attract a lot of mistypes. Finally, many observers peg people as 8s that are even really 8s. Anyway, I think it is a counterproductive thread to project characteristics on all 8s based on whatever type these people are you know IRL are, even if they are an 8.

But, this is all the attention I'm going to give you. It's my bed time. If you want more attention, then you have to pay the meter.
Nighty nite and thanks for the live entertainment. :wink:

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

Pleasure to meet you!
such an impressive sample size...

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Nah, they just hate admitting weakness. Admitting weakness is as hard for an 8 as it is hard for a 4 to look in the mirror without finding a flaw in ourselves.

I love the cheetah, though.

Well I know that all humans want to be liked. On some level anyway. I think that certain types can deal with being hated or disliked while others cannot. I certainly don't mind being disliked or even hated. Especially if the people that dislike me are people I wouldn't have cared for anyway. However, I want people that I like and respect to like me. But I'm not crawling through fire to get them to.

Thanks. The cheetah is badassed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're funny. Here is the thing with the "I know an 8 IRL thing". Most people don't even know what type 8 is really about. Secondly, type 8 tends to attract a lot of mistypes. Finally, many observers peg people as 8s that are even really 8s. Anyway, I think it is a counterproductive thread to project characteristics on all 8s based on whatever type these people are you know IRL are, even if they are an 8.

But, this is all the attention I'm going to give you. It's my bed time. If you want more attention, then you have to pay the meter.
Nighty nite and thanks for the live entertainment. :wink:
Why would anyone mistype? Are you saying that people don't know themselves? I hope this isn't true.

I KNOW that I'm a 4, there is simply no other type I could be. Whether I'm 4w3 or 4w5 is open to dispute, because I fluctuate between the two.

You got one thing right: I am an expert in wallowing in subjectivity, and in effect, sure, being counterproductive. You taught me this tonight. And I was glad to entertain you = )

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Why would anyone mistype? Are you saying that people don't know themselves? I hope this isn't true.

I KNOW that I'm a 4, there is simply no other type I could be. Whether I'm 4w3 or 4w5 is open to dispute, because I fluctuate between the two.

You got one thing right: I am an expert in wallowing in subjectivity, and in effect, sure, being counterproductive. You taught me this tonight. And I was glad to entertain you = )
I'm feeling generous tonight and am in a good mood so I will answer your question by directing you to a thread with some ideas on why people mistype...http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...um/55796-common-reasons-behind-mistyping.html.

Now, no more attention for you until you pay the meter with an apology for spewing 8 love/hate on the 8 subforum. Either make up your mind love or hate on Eight. If it's hate...then GTFO! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, no more attention for you until you pay the meter with an apology for spewing 8 love/hate on the 8 subforum. Either make up your mind love or hate on Eight. If it's hate...then GTFO! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
LoL how the hell did I end up in the 8 subforum? I feel I don't belong here... must have taken a wrong turn.

I'll put it this way... I love you for being honest.

8's kick my ass like no other type can. And this actually ends up being beneficial.

I love healthy 8's and I hate unhealthy 8's. Is that good enough for ya?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
LoL how the hell did I end up in the 8 subforum? I feel I don't belong here... must have taken a wrong turn.

I'll put it this way... I love you for being honest.

8's kick my ass like no other type can. And this actually ends up being beneficial.

I love healthy 8's and I hate unhealthy 8's. Is that good enough for ya?
Now that's much, much better. Smooches and nighty nite. :wink:

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

-from a 4 to all 8's
you need to be redirected here:
http://personalitycafe.com/type-8-forum-challenger/97850-type-8-protagonists.html

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
If you're looking for a fight, then go fight
Bitch, you wanna go? Lemme take my earrings out.

with whomever is condescending and pointlessly aggressive towards you.
Ohh. *ahem* Well... uh.... I don't know where this leaves us to be honest.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts