Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally (after 48 years on this earth) come to terms with who I am. I actually love all of the inner "stuff" that goes on between my head and my heart all of the time. I love how once I am committed to something/someone it is 110% and with reckless abandon. What I value most comes from deep within and is less dependent on what the world around me believes is of value.

However, finding a successful career that makes me happy and fulfilled has been very difficult for me. I am really not motivated by money, other than liking to eat, but everyone around me seems to easily work in a job that is boring and is just a paycheck.

I would love to be able to look at work as just a paycheck and compartmentalize that aspect of my life, but I can't seem to get over spending most of my waking hours working for something I don't really care about. And I just can't find something that interests me and I care about that can be turned into a career.

Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have finally (after 48 years on this earth) come to terms with who I am. I actually love all of the inner "stuff" that goes on between my head and my heart all of the time. I love how once I am committed to something/someone it is 110% and with reckless abandon. What I value most comes from deep within and is less dependent on what the world around me believes is of value.

However, finding a successful career that makes me happy and fulfilled has been very difficult for me. I am really not motivated by money, other than liking to eat, but everyone around me seems to easily work in a job that is boring and is just a paycheck.

I would love to be able to look at work as just a paycheck and compartmentalize that aspect of my life, but I can't seem to get over spending most of my waking hours working for something I don't really care about. And I just can't find something that interests me and I care about that can be turned into a career.

Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
And you have an awesome avatar!

One of two poster INFPs(the other being master Tolkien, ofc!) <3 .

Conlaturation on finding your own type!

Reactions: IMA INFP

·
Registered
217 Posts
My best friend would agree. Shes 100% infp. Fi can be a bitch, especially when its your dom. But its also capable of much good! Infps are wonderful! They got that ne humor, that fi indiviuality and compassion, and a lil bit of that si stability.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Reactions: IMA INFP

·
Registered
171 Posts
As an INTP, I've struggled with the same problem. Honestly, I think any of the intuitives can struggle with this, especially the introverted intuitives. We don't all have Fi, but intuitives tend to want to do things that are meaningful, and introverted intuitives tend to want to do things that are meaningful to us personally.

Are you sure what interests you can't be turned into a career? You didn't mention what it was. Sometimes even if there isn't a path to a traditional career centered around your interest, you can find other ways to monetize it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts