Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who recognize that line from "The Big Bang Theory," I hope they appreciate where I'm posting it as a quote!

I was actually watching the show, and it was an episode where (highlight for spoilers for season 4) Sheldon and Amy "broke up," beginning his obsession with forming his clowder of cats. Which he prominently named after the members of the Manhattan Project.

It struck me how much it mirrored the posters of the forum. For example, our Photos of the INTJs thread dissolved into extensive cat-love and pictures of our feline counterparts. A lot of people with one or two exceptions seemed to be cat people (or at the very least preferred cats), and finding pictures of cats in this forum is not at all difficult.

Are INTJs generally cat people? If so, why do you think there is a trend of INTJs preferring them? Personally, I think INTJs are more interested in owning cats than dogs. Probably because cats are independant, and like us, sometimes just need to be left alone, but are still there for companionship. They don't need constant attention. In some ways, they kind of reflect us.

Plus, they are here to help us take over the world.

Clearly they are one of the must-haves for the INTJs to take over the world.

Cat owners, regale us (re:me, I'm desperate) with the stories and pictures of your cats! I miss having pictures of all the kittens and cats I grew up around (unfortunately, the farm doesn't have any cats at the moment, there used to be dozens until people found out other folks abandoned them by the farm and came to get them). My computer exploded, so all those pictures are gone... at least up here in Edmonton.

~ Image source: Shazzbaa.com

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,573 Posts
I am a dog person.

I'm really allergic to cats....after a skin test for allergy I got a 12mm response....it's very large apparently. I had two cats at the time.

I am the type of person who has everyone's pets sit on them. I try not to do it with cats so much now.

I went for a visit and my friends cat really wanted me to pat it, it followed me to the car and sat on my roof....would not take no for an answer. :dry:

It's a good thing taking over the world sits at the top of my not to do list.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love cats...but only some. I can't stand the ones that are afraid of everybody and/or mean. I think is it is the independence especially that makes them appealing to me. They don't require constant attention and they are very relaxing to have around for some quality down-time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like cats better than dogs, but not because of their personality. It's because they are cuter in my opinion and smell better in everyone's opinion. lol

I actually wish cats acted like dogs. That would make them dream pets!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I know I'm not an INTJ but I have a close one who is a cat lover.

Edit: @HarpFluffy my mom and I actually had that discussion once, and what if dogs acted like cats. I want one! :D

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
love cats. they are perfectly content to let me be me

Reactions: lirulin

·
Registered
257 Posts
If my S.O. had a spirit animal, I'm pretty sure it'd be a cat. He has some cat-like tendencies.

·
Registered
657 Posts
cats are great but i`d be concerned about the parasites they would end up carrying

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Fucking cats.

I'm totally a dog person. I actually don't like "indifference" in my animals - I like a clear "I love you I love you I love you!" which is what I got from my only dog ever, the huge and lovable chocolate lab. His eyes were sad and his head was big but he was the most adorable thing ever. He was always rubbing against me and giving me hugs and kisses.

Meanwhile the cat's in the corner being all "Don't talk to me unless you have an open can in your hand."

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cats could be INTJs. They appear indifferent and do their own thing but really, secretly, they're plotting to take over the world. I love cats, the only reason I don't have one right now is that my current living place is not conducive to felines.

@ Khar - thanks for the spoiler alert. I have no idea if you said anything else about cats that I want to comment on after that point but I really appreciate you made it clear you were about to tell me something I didn't want to know.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Cats could be INTJs. They appear indifferent and do their own thing but really, secretly, they're plotting to take over the world. I love cats, the only reason I don't have one right now is that my current living place is not conducive to felines.
Cats are definitely INTJs. They are plotting world domination. Almost got away with it in Egypt.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Fucking cats.

I'm totally a dog person. I actually don't like "indifference" in my animals - I like a clear "I love you I love you I love you!" which is what I got from my only dog ever, the huge and lovable chocolate lab. His eyes were sad and his head was big but he was the most adorable thing ever. He was always rubbing against me and giving me hugs and kisses.

Meanwhile the cat's in the corner being all "Don't talk to me unless you have an open can in your hand."

Ditto. I can appreciate a cat's indifference and independence. Sometimes I'll exchange a knowing glance with my neighbor's cat and that'll make me smile. But for a pet I prefer dogs. I don't want another INTJ if I'm looking for companionship.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Speaking of cats, I had a rare encounter two weeks ago, which goes:

I was having my leisurely night walk—something I do when I want to just think aimlessly for a while. After a half an hour of strolling, I felt like munching on a good burger, so I headed to 24-hour Burger King in my neighborhood. On my way, I encountered a cat, peculiar how it did not avoid me even when I was practically a foot away from it. “Strange,” I thought as I was passing by it, heading to my destination few blocks away. At the drive-thru window, I purchased a medium Whopper meal ($8, how outrageous.) and headed straight back home. Under dark shadow of foliage, my peripheral vision had caught something moving right next to my feet. I instinctively jumped a yard away from it, almost dropping my soda. My eyes were trying to identify what it is, and ultimately gazed at something familiar; it was the same cat from earlier. “Hmm, this cat is not afraid of humans,” I thought. I took out a few pieces of French fries and tossed them to the cat. It sniffed at the fries, didn’t eat them, but got the sense that I was providing food. It began to approach me and started rubbing up against my legs. This was no feral cat; his owner most likely abandoned him after raising him at home. “Heck, I’m not even that hungry,” I said to myself. I unwrapped the burger, broke up the meat, and put them on the soda cover used like a food dish. I also left the burger buns to see if he likes it. For a while, the cat was licking on the burger bun which had ketchup and some mayo on (I think). After finishing that, he sniffed at the meat pieces and began to munch on them. I knew he would take his time, so I sat next to him on the sidewalk. He was way skinnier than the cat I had when I was young. Most likely he was having a hard time assimilating into street life. After a session of munching, he cleaned his face and paws, came to me and let me pet him, which confirmed that this cat once was a housecat. He seemed happy with re-exposure human touch. After few cycles of me petting and him eating the leftover meat, it was apparent that he was satisfied with the meal and didn’t need me anymore. He went under a parked car, and I headed home for a shower and a new set of clothes.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Cats are the most fantastic epic creatures ever. Dogs are too slavish and needy and emotional.

Reactions: TheWaffle
1 - 20 of 29 Posts