Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really not my genre of music, yet I like it. I think it would be a lot more approachable for most people if the samples didn't sound so cheap, some remind me of SNES. I assume that is probably what you were going for though.

I REALLY like the cooing alarm sound. The interim beep beep beeps don't do a whole lot for me. Maybe if they were a different sample I would like them a lot more.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To me it conveys more of a feeling of angry depression, like there is no closure, and you just have one more thing you would like to say, so you are stuck stewing on it. Also for some reason the sirens make me think of Silent Hill. It is definatly dark, but it is put together pretty well. It DEFINATLY has awesome videogame potential. What computer program do you use for your music?

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me it conveys more of a feeling of angry depression, like there is no closure, and you just have one more thing you would like to say, so you are stuck stewing on it. Also for some reason the sirens make me think of Silent Hill. It is definatly dark, but it is put together pretty well. It DEFINATLY has awesome videogame potential. What computer program do you use for your music?
Ha. You pretty much nailed my mood when I was making it. Thanks, ISFP.

But I don't use anything too fancy shmancy, just my computer and a couple programs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It seems as if the descriptions people have said about what it sounds like to them are all really appropriate descriptors of how I felt while making it.
Thanks. I missed your previous response some how . . .
I didn't really pick up on any depressed mood but by the time I got the head phones working the song was already half way through and had begun the part with the higher notes so, idk I thought it sounded kind of happy-ish. It made me feel somewhat warm and tickely inside; I thought it sounded very relaxed and chill. I'm apparently not great at picking up on NT emotions in music, in past experiences as well. For example, Death Cab For Cuties song, "Where soul meet body" (is one of the lines at least . . .) I thought it was such a happy and relaxed song, but then my cousin told me how depressing it actually is and to listen to the lyrics.
I think though when I started it from the beginning and heard you biuld up your base of sound it did sound, sharper or something. . . ??? . . . maybe that was your feelings of anger partially getting through . . .:mellow:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Like the comments before me, it was very video game-like. Made me feel kind of... alone, like I'm walking through a dark dungeon by myself.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is a real mechanical brooding to it. I like it, would make a cool villain theme for a RPG :tongue:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Aw, it says your bandwidth is exceeded.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I really like it. Sounds like something that could be in Legend of Zelda or the Conduit.

It kind of sounds like someone with their heart beating really fast venturing through an isolated place....I think I stopped making sense....

Reactions: Kevinaswell
1 - 20 of 20 Posts