Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, this has been 100% correct on 12 people....

Ask yourself if your shoelace comes untied, will you stop the second you notice and tie it, or will you wait until you are going to stop anyways, then tie it. For example if you are walking to class and it comes untied, you'd wait until you got to class to tie it.

So far, 100% of J's have said they stop and tie it immediately, whilst 100% of P's are "wait till convenient" tiers.

Now I don't expect this to stay 100% true but I thought it was at the least quite interesting!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would definitely tie it right away. Loose shoelaces annoy me for too many different reasons for me to be able to ignore it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily tie it immediately, but I would be on the lookout for a convenient place to stop and tie it - i.e. I'm kind of in the middle of two options as I would never wait until I got to my destination before tying it. In your example, I would continue walking to class until I came across a park bench, or stopped at an intersection.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I'd tie it immediately or soon enough :happy:. It would REALLY bother me to leave it untied, it would be on my mind until I "corrected" it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd stop and tie it pretty much as soon as I notice.

Exactly for this reason:

It would REALLY bother me to leave it untied, it would be on my mind until I "corrected" it.

Reactions: Tucken

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Hmm, I do actually wait a bit for a convenient time before tying my shoe when I notice it's untied...

·
Registered
830 Posts
How about this.. I would stop as soon as I noticed and stuff the untied laces in sides of my shoe (s) so I could tie them properly later when convenient! They're out of my way.. I'm not going to trip on them.. but they are also not properly tied! :crazy:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would tie it right away.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Heh.

I'd preferably wait until wherever I'll stop and have a good pause to tie it and continue. I would just walk with an awareness of it so that I don't trip. But if it was causing me trouble I'd just stop and tie. But I'd say I align with your theory. :)

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Well, I usually double tie my shoes, so they never come untied.

But if they did come untied, I would wait until I got somewhere convenient to tie it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I think it's safe to say that if you tie them immediately, you are more likely to be a J, but if you wait then you are pretty much a confirmed P?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I invented a new way of tying my shoes, one where the laces never come undone whilst enabling me to slip my shoes on and off, thus making this a moot discussion for me.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
It depends...

I would tie it immediately as long as my hands are not full, or there is nothing very pressing. In the event that my hands are full, or something very pressing prohibits my stopping and immediately tying my shoe, I will wait, but it will bug me to no end until I can stop and tie it.

To take it a bit further, I'd notice if your shoes were untied. It would bug me, but I wouldn't tie them for you--but I am likely to make a comment about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts