Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have recently ( a month ago) met this really interresting infp gir and i feel that i want to be more than friends with her! Lately we meet regurarly and we talk about anything.. Sometimes i can sense that she might be also interested but my below zero self esteem tells me she is not! :( I need an advice , especially from infp girls, about how can i show her my true feeling without scaring her away!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello,
I have recently ( a month ago) met this really interresting infp gir and i feel that i want to be more than friends with her! Lately we meet regurarly and we talk about anything.. Sometimes i can sense that she might be also interested but my below zero self esteem tells me she is not! :( I need an advice , especially from infp girls, about how can i show her my true feeling without scaring her away!
I'm not INFP but my best friend is so I might be able to help ya....Confidence is for me one of the most attractive things in a guy! I really like guys who can make the first move and who aren't afraid to show me how they feel! Also you said she is also INFP so there's a good chance that she feels the same way..that you don't like her etc...I know my bff does that all the time! I say go for it :) Tell her you like her... :) Good luck, hope it works out for you :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
As an INFP, I know I OFTEN completely miss that someone likes me. It just goes over my head. To everyone else it's obvious but I guess my heads to far in the clouds to notice. So, I agree with Aliboo, you'll probably have to tell her directly because she may have no idea. You could do that verbally or with a note sent with flowers or something if the direct route makes you uncomfortable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I recommend finding little ways to show her you care about her. Telling her you love spending time with her, letting her know she's important to you, etc. This is also a good way to see how she feels about you. If she reciprocates, that's a great sign! You may still have to outright tell her how you feel eventually (we can be so dense when other people are interested in us :tongue:), but I think sending her little signals like the ones I mentioned might be a good way to start.

Good luck! :D I wish you all the best!

Reactions: amanda32

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Hello,
Oh man, I know what you mean, haha.

This happened to me a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I can never tell when someone likes me,I just never notice it. I don't know if she's they type of girl that would get scared off if you told her how you feel. I know as an INFP girl that I like it when someone else notices the connection I feel and shares the same thing and it IS really 'there'. For me I need someone to tell me outright that they feel something for me,or else the window time will pass and I'll give up eventually. I say go for it : ) just don't be clingy about it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess if the girl is an INFP she will not know that you are into her or be in denial. Hmm you gotta find a way to get her to open up. Get a movie about love movie about couples or something and she how she reacts to it. Make some comments (big huge comments) that drop hints. If this doesn't work you may just consider asking her straight. INFPS seem to be oblivious to when others are interested in them. so you may need to be very up front with her.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My best advice for you is to continue to display an interest in both her life and the things she is interested in. Don't feign an interest that isn't there, but definitely play up common interests. Personally, I wouldn't care much for "tokens of friendship" (depending on what that means?), and I might even feel awkward accepting them from a "new" person, but I think that just depends on the girl. For me, it's all about finding someone who will really listen to me and cares about what I have to say.

As others have mentioned, I'm thinking if you want her to know you like her, you're just going to have to tell her flat-out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with starFlower. Go out of your way to see her, do things you know will make her smile, show her she's special to you. And then tell her you would like to be more than friends. As long as she's seen that you care and she cares too there's nothing to stop you from moving past the friendship stage.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Just stick your tongue in her mouth.

I think an INFP boy had a crush on me when I was 14. Apparently everyone else around us realized he was interested interested in me before I did. The first time I realized he had a crush on me was when I called him a "friend" or something like that and he exploded totally "only a friend? A FRIEND?!?!" and after that a long rambling about how he likes me and how he thought we had something special. I just sat there quietly and was like "vow dude o_O" and after that we continued our life being friends like nothing had ever happened because I really didn't have any clue what to answer so I just decided to ignore the whole rant.

Back then I really didn't think that anyone could be interested in me in a romantical way and I was also such a douche that I was completely unaware of all the subtle things he did for me to show his interest. Nowadays I'm quite good at detecting if someone's interested in me.

But the best way is really to be frank about your feelings. After your next meeting you can just ask her to go out with you. Say something like "I think you're a very interesting girl and I wish you would go out with me". No one is impressed if you hide your feelings for several months until you have a scary emotional outburst like my INFP friend did.

·
Registered
342 Posts
As an INFP if somebody asked me out and I didn't fancy them back I don't think I would be scared off...My reaction would either be if I liked them it would be cool, and if I didn't like them that way I would still go on a date or whatever as I believe in giving people a chance, sometimes knowing someone likes you you look at them a different way and consider it where you might not have before they expressed an interest. Then if it didn't work out I think we would still be friends afterwards.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I'm all for the get to know her, spend time with her, show her you like her and see her reaction.
That's also a whole lot sexier than just blurting it out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I say tell her because if she's like me you could put all sorts of "clues" out there even stuff you may think is very direct and she may be scared to respond to you romantically. Frankly I can't tell when people just love me as a friend or want more unless they just look me in the eye and say "I want you, and yes, that way". Otherwise I'm gonna go with the whole "maybe they are just a really affectionate person." Or yeh like someone else said someone just kissing me would do the trick.:laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts