Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized this the other day when I found out my best friend and another friend I used to be close with were going out with their boyfriends and no one thought to invite me. This isn't because I'm a bad friend..my friends just get caught up in their own little world and soon I don't have a place in it anymore.

After learning about typology, I've realized that I wasn't completely compatible with my friends personality-wise, hence why my connections with them falter or die out so easily. Where do I find people like all of you? It's great being able to share thoughts and ideas on here with all of you, but I'm in need of someone to be close to in person.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I realized this the other day when I found out my best friend and another friend I used to be close with were going out with their boyfriends and no one thought to invite me. This isn't because I'm a bad friend..my friends just get caught up in their own little world and soon I don't have a place in it anymore.

After learning about typology, I've realized that I wasn't completely compatible with my friends personality-wise, hence why my connections with them falter or die out so easily. Where do I find people like all of you? It's great being able to share thoughts and ideas on here with all of you, but I'm in need of someone to be close to in person.
lauralauralaura
im your friend. i hope you can put up with my tendency to talk as i think[cant control it, it's hard!] and my airheadedness from time to time, but im deffs ur friend ^_^.

Reactions: dreamcatcher

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Well the type of people you would click with very well are incredibly hard to find because they basically hide. So if you can't find them at work or school then another avenue to consider would be volunteer work (attracts empathetic people) or even online dating sites, but using the find a friend feature to look for other women.

I used a dating site in the past because I figured I should never restrict myself in terms of romance. Interestingly enough, I ended up making a lot of actual local friends through it. I'd say I hang out with about 4 of them on a reasonable basis and the rest (maybe 6?) I keep in touch with online. Sounds lame, but what do you have to lose?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's really tough to find us, I think. =( NF types just kind of naturally gravitate towards one-another. If you're in the US, your probability of just bumping into another INFP is rather low...When I first discovered I was an INFP, it was because I already had several INFP and INFJ friends, who singled me out as an INFP before I even took the test. You know yourself, though. I'm sure you do. If you really want to find another INFP, just look for other people who don't quite fit in, or are mature for their age. I just found out lots of people who like anime are INFPs. You can also join a book club, or a wriring club, a local choir, or a meditation class. XD Or something.

I wouldn't give up on your friends so easily though. Dealing with people who don't really understand INFPs can be frustrating, but I have several good friends who I'm not necessarily 'compatible' with according to the test. I'd hope that you can let your friends know how you're feeling if you're feeling ignored. When people find girlfriends/boyfriends they tend to get caught-up, and sometimes they don't even notice how their friends are feeling. :unsure: I mean....especially if they're not intuitive types.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I feel ya! A lot of my friends have drifted away from me, too, because they've found people who can identify with them better (ie: one of them has extreme LGBT Lesbian pride now, and the other has become a Christian extremist) And being an Agnostic, straight female, I guess I'm no longer 'interesting' to either of them, just someone that they can talk to when they're 'bored'. They were two of my best friends for a long time, too. =(

Ahh, well where are you, Laura? You're in America, right? Which state? Maybe someone here is close to where you live and you can visit one another. =)

I myself am in Florida, near the Tampa area..

·
Registered
782 Posts
I feel ya! A lot of my friends have drifted away from me, too, because they've found people who can identify with them better (ie: one of them has extreme LGBT Lesbian pride now, and the other has become a Christian extremist) And being an Agnostic, straight female, I guess I'm no longer 'interesting' to either of them, just someone that they can talk to when they're 'bored'. They were two of my best friends for a long time, too. =(

Ahh, well where are you, Laura? You're in America, right? Which state? Maybe someone here is close to where you live and you can visit one another. =)

YAY FOR GAY PRIDE♥
sorry, i had to!
well in that case, they are SO NOT worth it. ditch em ^_^

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I'm in California, northern California. I live in a small town and go to a smallish community college. There's not a lot of interaction between students in my classes, so it's hard to really single anyone out as INFP friend material lol..I did meet my ex boyfriend in a class last year, and he is definitely IxFx..probably INFJ, though. We are still good friends, but I have a boyfriend so I can't be too close to him. It's a shame, because he's the only person I've really completely clicked with. I thought he was one of a kind, but I'm learning there's lots more out there like him. I need a girl version of him lol

I'm sorry to hear about your friends :( Something similar happened to me, in fact, it's kind of the story of my life :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lauralauralaura
im your friend. i hope you can put up with my tendency to talk as i think[cant control it, it's hard!] and my airheadedness from time to time, but im deffs ur friend ^_^.
Thank you hunny :) I don't mind the way you are at all..in fact I think you're crazy for seeing a lot of things about you as flaws :laughing: but I guess we all do this, don't we?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thank you hunny :) I don't mind the way you are at all..in fact I think you're crazy for seeing a lot of things about you as flaws :laughing: but I guess we all do this, don't we?
LOL. you know it would be nice to be an introvert..then i wouldnt say stupid things without filtering them XD
i always forget to think first >.>
maybe that's why introverts are usually smarter:happy:
heh >.> i spose we all do this

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Staryu..are you sure you're not INFP or ENFP? :tongue:

Hahah...kidding, kidding...I'm just playing :laughing:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL. you know it would be nice to be an introvert..then i wouldnt say stupid things without filtering them XD
i always forget to think first >.>
maybe that's why introverts are usually smarter:happy:
heh >.> i spose we all do this
Actually, I'm only borderline introverted. I am mostly, but I am still one of those who just says whatever comes to mind when I'm in a comfortable situation. A lot of stupidity comes out of my mouth though, even though I am quite intelligent.

I don't know if introverts are usually smarter...are they? Anyone have any statistics off the top of their head?? lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
Staryu..are you sure you're not INFP or ENFP? :tongue:

Hahah...kidding, kidding...I'm just playing :laughing:
ya kno, i dunno what i am. they deduced i was either ESTJ or ENTJ and explained why, with more points going towards ENTJ. so ENTJ is what it is.

·
Registered
782 Posts
guys, ESTJs and ENTJs DO have a sentimental side...
im no longer ashamed of it anymore. i was when i was little though.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the type of people you would click with very well are incredibly hard to find because they basically hide. So if you can't find them at work or school then another avenue to consider would be volunteer work (attracts empathetic people) or even online dating sites, but using the find a friend feature to look for other women.

I used a dating site in the past because I figured I should never restrict myself in terms of romance. Interestingly enough, I ended up making a lot of actual local friends through it. I'd say I hang out with about 4 of them on a reasonable basis and the rest (maybe 6?) I keep in touch with online. Sounds lame, but what do you have to lose?
That's a great suggestion that would have never crossed my mind. Thank you :happy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts