Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, skimmers and the depths alike. My question and confusions are as follows.
My MBTI type is INTP
I have taken several Enneagram tests and they all amount to the same score.
I am a 7w6 1w2 5w4. Can someone tell me what these all mean as amounted together.
Thank you for any help. :shocked:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Sose Husserl - My words of advice to you are as follows:

Do not trust the tests.

They lie.

I have never once had an Enneagram test, no matter how good, tell me my correct type or tritype. Your MBTI type has virtually nothing to do with the Enneagram, so don't dwell too deeply on that. The best way to figure out your type would be to look up information, self reflect a lot, and perhaps get the opinions from some outsiders. ^^

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Agreed with the last poster. The tests are usually inaccurate. On every enneagram test ever, I score 8w7, and I'm not. I thought that was my type for the longest time because of tests.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. It is disappointing to hear the Enneagram is an inaccurate assessment. I will have to further my research to substantiate this.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Interesting. It is disappointing to hear the Enneagram is an inaccurate assessment. I will have to further my research to substantiate this.
The Enneagram isn't inaccurate; the tests are.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Agreeing with what everyone else has said. Even authors of longer Enneagram tests from some of the books state in the instructions that tests for the Enneagram are not considered very reliable. Sometimes they get it right or can point you in the right direction, but when figuring out your type, you should really decide based on research of each of the types.

I would also say ignore all the tritype stuff until you've actually figured out your core type - it can be too confusing bringing those parts in before you understand what your core is and everything that encompasses your core type.

Since you came out as 7 first, go have a look in the 7 subforum and read through the stickied descriptions at the top. But before you decide if you are a 7, go read through the other descriptions too. Better yet, get your hands on a book because the books contain much more information and go into much more detail about wings, integration/disintegration, instinctual subtypes and the details of each individual type.

Even though I was typed as a 5 early on, it wasn't until I did a lot of research that I was really sure I was a 5. It's very easy to mistype, especially when you're first learning about the Enneagram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts