Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone :)
First of all, please don’t respond with a “my type is better than your type” kind of comment. We all know that no ones type is better or worse, just different. I’m looking for help with my INFP friend.

Personally I am an ENFP. In regards to this friendship, I have been there for this woman over and over. When others ditched her I was the one that stayed. For example, a gal friend broke up with her (friendship-wise), and I was there for her. I stood by her when she was the “outcast”. Now that those people are back in her life, it’s like she’s tossed me aside.

I reach out, she doesn’t reach back or she responds with a single word. I try to make plans and she doesn’t ever go along. Excuse after excuse. I try to make small talk with her and she’s super awkward. This is someone I’ve known for about 5 years now, so why the awkwardness!?! She gives *just* enough to keep you hanging onto the friendship. Here’s an example of what she does:

I’ll be there for her and do nice things for her, and then, when I ask to hang out (even at her place where she’s comfortable) she’s “too exhausted” to (at about 5pm). But then she’ll go to a concert with other friends and stay out late and make sacrifices for them.

Never for me.

Is this an INFP thing? Is this just a INFP misunderstanding or are we truly incompatible as friends?

Her style really hurts me, but I am a loyal friend and I like to give so I try to stick by her.

Just once I’d like to be treated as important instead of being treated like a doormat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know you probably have but just in case, have you tried talking to her? Maybe she hasn't noticed?
I've had a similar experience with an ENFJ friend of mine. He always wants to go out and I sometimes am not in the mood so I just say 'no I'm too tired' or something similar. It's not personal, it's just that sometimes (most of the time :tongue:) I want to stay at home alone. It makes me feel guilty though (as if I've failed him/our friendship) that's why I try to make time for him.
It's hard sometimes (I vs E) but we know ourselves well enough and we both make efforts for each other!
If I were in your place I'd try to talk it out, I think it'll shed some light on where she stands.
I hope everything goes well for the both of you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts