Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Ones!

my mom is a 1w2 and recently, i think she is loosing her mind. even before corona things started, she was obsessed with cleaning. she rubs up the same doors, tables almost every 2 or 3 hours. she has lots of tendencies about outside clothes, hand washing and toilets. she uses tones of cleaning materials and very heavy bleaches that i afraid about she could poison herself. i think she has OCD, i tried to talk to her but she says to me ''who will do that? i don't want to do but i must do.'' i help her with the small houseworks but she just don't let me do some stuffs and becomes very stubborn, she says ''i have a order in everything and you ruin it when you do that, just go and study your lessons.''

but recently, when corona started, she tires herself a lot with cleaning, i think it's very unhealthy and even her face paled, she never lets me to touch anything and my dad who is just a jerk just making things worse. they fight too much, which scares me time to time. i want best for my mom, i can't stand seeing her wasting herself everyday, but i don't really know how to talk or make her listen me either. we are just too different and i really want to understand her perspective. she is the only person on earth that i love and trust even though we are ironically the last people on earth to understand each other.

she is very headstrong, very hard working and a perfectionist. now she is awake till 3-4 am's, just to learn how to teach online for her students. while doing that, she cleans repeatedly everywhere, she never sits, reads stupid shit on facebook, it's really hard to change her perspective on things too. i just want her to take care of herself, she is the most unselfish person that i ever known and i really want to see her happy. she seems very stressful and always very pessimistic. one second she is very harsh, and one second very caring. which effects me badly too.

i want to understand her, so some advices please...

·
Banned
421 Posts
Well I doubt you’ll get many answers here, this forum is all but dead. OCD is a mental disorder so if she has that you can’t count on the help from the internet. I’m not 1w2, not obsessed with cleaning and might be in the small minority who doesn’t care about the virus at all. But maybe try to help her see the futility of that behaviour by explaining the science behind it. I don’t know her MBTI type but showing me strong scientific evidence about something is a great way to change my mind.

Tell her that the virus isn’t airborne, needs contact with organic matter to survive for more than 3 hours (days for plastic), has a viral envelope and can be easily destroyed with normal soap, can’t get in through contact with skin and has to enter through the openings in the face, can easily be killed by just letting the fresh air in.

Constant cleaning is the worst thing you can do for your immune system, it even gives kids allergies. Also tell her about the dangers of the chemicals she uses.

I hope she gets better!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts