Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. there's a friend of mine. She's like my best friend. We share almost everything with each other. And we both are on, let's say Y platform. I have my account,she has hers. But few months ago, she made a new account. And she didn't even tell me. She even put her false location there. When i changed my username, i told her. And when she changed hers, she told me. So it's like we were sharing everything with each other. And even now, everything is fine with us. I mean, there isn't any fight or anything else but whenever i see her new account on Y platform,i get really bad feeling towards her. I mean, on WhatsApp everything is going fine, we are really cool with each other, sharing everything but then when i see her new account,i get such an ill feeling. How can i get out of this?
She's my online friend. We haven't met but we know each other pretty well.Also she's 8 years older than me.
Please help:/

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,542 Posts
I’m not sure what’s even the problem here. What is it that is giving you “bad feelings”? The fact that the account she created is fake? The fact she didn’t tell you she created the account? Or wondering what it is that she’s using the fake account for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact that the account she created is fake? The fact she didn’t tell you she created the account?
Yes that's it. She doesn't trust me enough to tell me this. But I was thinking if l couldask her directly. I'll say "Did you create a new account there?" What about this idea?

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,542 Posts
Yes that's it. She doesn't trust me enough to tell me this. But I was thinking if l couldask her directly. I'll say "Did you create a new account there?" What about this idea?
First off, how do you even know she created this fake account? If she didn't tell you about this fake account directly, how did you discover its existence?

Depending on how you discovered that this fake account exists, you could just be straightforward with her and ask why she created it.

However... you have to think she's just a friend. Regardless of how close she is to you, she doesn't owe you explanations of every single thing she decides to do with her life, though I reckon creating a fake account on social media is very strange behavior.

Reactions: 1imaan1

·
Registered
INTP
4,217 Posts
Maybe she has a fake account so she can hide her "real" account from her employer or family members. Maybe she's online dating and doesn't want to give her personal information to strangers. Maybe having a certain kind of account/username is some kind of membership requirement or employment requirement. Or it could be something else.

Go ahead and ask her if it will make you feel better. However, I agree with @Aiwass 's comment that friends don't have to tell each other everything.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,865 Posts
So.. there's a friend of mine. She's like my best friend. We share almost everything with each other. And we both are on, let's say Y platform. I have my account,she has hers. But few months ago, she made a new account. And she didn't even tell me. She even put her false location there. When i changed my username, i told her. And when she changed hers, she told me. So it's like we were sharing everything with each other. And even now, everything is fine with us. I mean, there isn't any fight or anything else but whenever i see her new account on Y platform,i get really bad feeling towards her. I mean, on WhatsApp everything is going fine, we are really cool with each other, sharing everything but then when i see her new account,i get such an ill feeling. How can i get out of this?
She's my online friend. We haven't met but we know each other pretty well.Also she's 8 years older than me.
Please help:/
If it bothers you, I think maybe you need to ask her what's she's up to. I'm sure she has a reason.

Reactions: 1imaan1

·
Registered
INFJ 2w1
154 Posts
You sound like me when I had a particular standard of how friendships should be. It was a very upsetting time in my life. You sound like you want her to be as open with you as you are with her. Unfortunately not everyone wants to share everything going on in their life, even with their best friend. That used to bother me because I would think that if my best friend didn't share everything with me, especially after I opened up everything to them, we would drift apart because I wouldn't matter anymore. Because how I would show a person is special and important to me is by opening myself up 100%. It's a form of affection you could say. Then you start to wonder why you can't get them to trust you when you've done everything possible to be there for them when they needed you. You've earned their trust in your mind. So what's with all this secrecy?

Everyone is different so everyone's reason is different. If you really want to know why your friend has this account, like someone else on here said, you need to tell them you discovered their account and ask them about it directly.

However, if it was meant to be a secret, your friend may not want to tell you and you may not get your answer anyway. So if you feel resistance from your friend, better to let it go.

The only way, that I can think of, to really feel better about this secret account is being okay with your friends not telling you everything and knowing it is not a reflection of yourself. It's just a difference between two people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts