Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An INTJ friend (that I like) has just disappeared to recharge. I do this all the time so I completely relate. however i wanted to show my support for this INTJ with a very short, one-line text and I need your help writing it (by tonite)

"we all need our breaks! ______"

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
basically, what would you say/what would make you smile on the inside to know that someone is waiting for you to come back ?

·
Registered
560 Posts
My friends/ex just tells me to take my time and they're always there, just waiting for me when I need them.

Reactions: feefafo

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Being an INTJ myself I would say the best probable thing to do would be not to say anything at all. However if the urge strikes you too violently and you believe this must be done... throw something at him that will help him think. If you say you can relate so well, then tell him something solely to aid his recharge cycle. Perhaps some sort of basis to think around, so that he has mental footing?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Give him an important task. For instance "Help! I'm trying to determine the importance of Guanosine Triphosphate in the Krebs Cycle."

Works on me every time. I'm so gullable.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to clarify he didn't go fully into disappear mode yet, but he's getting into it, pretty much there.

just wanted to show him i relate i guess?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ended up not texting cause i couldnt find a good/short INTJ thing to say. sarcasm/dry humor sounds good! any other sarcastic/humor things I can say?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i ended up not texting cause i couldnt find a good/short INTJ thing to say. sarcasm/dry humor sounds good! any other sarcastic/humor things I can say?
I actually avoid reading texts in this lock down mode...but one friend always manages to get a message thru to me. She is completely zany and off the wall...and usually tells me something like "I must be high from the led paint, so when you are unlocking..." (the she asks a question, usually reminding me I'm the only one who can answer it)... This makes me laugh and I cannot resist to remind her you don't get high from lead paint. Then answer her question. I know it's more than one line...but she is only person that ever gets replies when I'm there. She has them too, but she announces before she goes into them.

Something shorter: I understand your need to go, send smoke signals if he needs something: white smoke for food, red smoke for a unit of blood, black smoke for an emergency roll of TP.

Laughs are good, and it's a sign that you will be there when he emerges from "his cave"

·
Registered
347 Posts
Could be well passed your timeline....

"we all need our breaks! ______"
I would say this starts off as too obvious. Either nothing (as mentioned), something sarcastic (if that is you) or just a link to an off-the-wall article/news story. After the link, "Thought this would make you smile and give you an ulcer at the same time."

No mention of "break" or "re-charging". He doesn't need to be told that he flipped the "no vacancy" sign.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts