Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I was an INFP because of the descriptions that I have read on the internet. But I'm pretty sure that I have extroverted feeling,however, I know that it is not my top function(probably second or third).

So I filled out the "type form".

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I think I may be an extroverted feeler because I tend to/have an urge to be involved with my friends/family member's problems without knowing why I'm doing it.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Exploring different ideas, creating ideas, meeting different people(despite the fact that I have no social life), and learning.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Whenever I'm in an Art class because I tend to get new ideas for a project and whenever the class has to observe a piece of artwork I tend to be good at seeing what others do not see.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I mess up everything that I worked up for. Being a failure and a disappointment to others who are close to me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I'm indecisive when it come to decision making. If I have to make a decision upon something I do not have enough knowledge about I usually let others opinions guide me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I usually like to take control. But I do take other's opinions on a project into account. And to add onto this I tend to start projects but get bored of them and end up not finishing it...

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a lot of fun when I go out with my friends(e.g the movies, theme parks,etc.)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I want to learn something I tend to do a lot of research on it. And I prefer to learn on my own.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm not a perfectionist but I would say that I am decent at organization.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try my best to understand new ideas but after attempting to understand it I may do some research on it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I would stick to the first option...

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. I'm okay with both one-on-one and group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I tend to be impulsive but I think words speak more than actions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would go hang out with my friends... I'd just watch the episode that I missed on the internet the next day.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get choked up but I try my best to be level headed.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who complain about how crappy their lives are and don't have it that bad. I also dislike others who are ordinary and dense.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Theories, psychology anything that I find interesting at the time.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
My grades and homework. I do pay attention in class but I can care less about grades. The only thing I care about is actually learning something in the classes I take.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Some of my friends would say that I can be a bit cold at times, yet they think I'm sweet... They think I'm "smart" but I often do not feel that way because I still need to learn more... They would never say that I'm incapable or obnoxious.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would usually stay home and go on the internet or listen to music. But if I don't really feel like staying home I usually walk to the mall or book store. At the moment I don't really have a lot of friends(no social life) but if I did I would definitely call someone I know and ask them if the want to hang out.

What type do you think I am?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I say ISFP. If you want me to, I could point out certain characteristics that make you one of these, if you're still uncertain once you look into ISFPs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually thought of ISFP before but since I get ideas (mainly for stories) out of no where(Ne) I put that aside. But I would like to know why you think that I am an ISFP(other an the fact that I like art)... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hm. I guess INFP than, though you could be a bit like me and be a borderline case. I also enjoy writing, and when I get ideas they just come to mind like, "Ohhhh. That would be a good idea." with no recognition that thaf idea was coming on. But for your question, I said ISFP because you don't look doing things for a long period but will and also, the fact that you are clearly introverted though pretty extroverted at the same time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the whole "ideas coming at me" I always thought that I was an INFP but when I looked at the cognitive functions I kind of think that I am an extroverted feeler. I'm still unsure about that though.. And I really do feel like an extrovert and introvert at the same time. But lately I have been thinking about EN_P because there known to be the most introverted out of all the extroverts and the have extroverted intuition... But again I'm really not sure about this. I'm really,really confused. Haha...

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Theories, psychology anything that I find interesting at the time.

This makes me wonder...
When a friend comes up to you and says they have a problem do you address the problem or offer emotional counsel first?

·
Registered
680 Posts
NOT AN INFP AT ALL. too Fe for that. Us INFPs are neurotic folks. I'd say that you were an INFJ. your post is too structured to have Ne. If you compare yourself to all the Ne posts, you'd see a huge difference. Ne's can see a direct correlation between carrots and cruise ships.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@TwistMeSweetly -- I don't really care about being the centre of attention/ party but I'm not awkward in social situations. I tend to be decorative(e.g I wear jewellery/I have a lot of posters in my room).
I'm not really tired after being social but I do enjoy my alone time...

@marzipan01 -- I usually address the problem first and then I might offer them emotional support.

@choccrunchie -- I'm not sure if I am an INFJ because they have Ni. And I usually get ideas out of no where which is Ne. To point out I wasn't really organized and structured as a child. I developed a "J' side when I got into highschool...
--How is my post "too structured" to be an Ne? Ne is about live in the moment creativity and having random ideas for a project. A lead Ne can be structured and organized if they want to. It's just that Ne's are more comfortable when under pressure. And I know that I am an Ne because I can handle having a plan be foiled and just go with the flow...

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@marzipan01 -- I usually address the problem first and then I might offer them emotional support.
Sounds to me like your preference is thinking before feeling. If you use Fe then you probably use Ti rather than Fi. Ti can seem like Fi in the sense that Ti users can have strong personal principles usually tied to Fe (how the rules affect the larger group/global ethics/how it makes other people feel).

At any rate, I think you're an xNTP.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@TwistMeSweetly-- I do understand why you think I am an ISFP but looking at the cognitive function it says that ISFP's are lead introvert feeler's and I think I am an extroverted feeler. As for INFJ, I don't think I am one because I'm certain that I have Ne. I know that INFJ and ISFP sound a lot like me but I'm trying to figure out my type by looking at the cognitive functions not just what sounds like me...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm trying to look at what I believe you might be, and what you have tested as. @Marzipan09 & @Cuervo21, marzipan you're probably right there. ENTP would work, though INTP could. I would think ENTP first, as I you said Cuervo, you're most likely an Extroverted Thinker.

·
Registered
680 Posts
@TwistMeSweetly -- I don't really care about being the centre of attention/ party but I'm not awkward in social situations. I tend to be decorative(e.g I wear jewellery/I have a lot of posters in my room).
I'm not really tired after being social but I do enjoy my alone time...

@choccrunchie -- I'm not sure if I am an INFJ because they have Ni. And I usually get ideas out of no where which is Ne. To point out I wasn't really organized and structured as a child. I developed a "J' side when I got into highschool...
--How is my post "too structured" to be an Ne? Ne is about live in the moment creativity and having random ideas for a project. A lead Ne can be structured and organized if they want to. It's just that Ne's are more comfortable when under pressure. And I know that I am an Ne because I can handle having a plan be foiled and just go with the flow...
live in the moment creativity is Se. Ne is having random connections. nothing to do with reality. you do seem a bit defensive about it all so i wont continue attempting to type you. you see the paragraph you just wrote? everything you say is directed at one point. whilst mine so far, cuts after the second sentence, has one sentence after that about my personal opinion, and then goes onto this. this is Ne. and omg, you've fallen into the P/J dichotomy! P/J is used as a notation to signify whether the T/F of the MBTI type is extroverted or introverted. the rule is that if you are a J type, then your dominant T/F will be extroverted. eg. INFP - its a perceiving therefore Feeling will be introverted. INFJ - judging, so Feeling will be extroverted. the only reason there are P/J organisation stereotypes is that for every J type, their corresponding N/S will be introverted. and when these are introverted, they tend to be less scattered than their extroverted forms because they draw information from within the user, whilst the extroverted version draws information from their environment.

just answer whether you can see a direct correlation between carrots and cruise ships. an Ne wouldve recognized it as a real question.

oh and by saying that you developed a "J" side, I assume you meant you developed whatever your auxiliary function is. therefore, your auxilliary/tertiary function must be either Ni or Si.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
live in the moment creativity is Se. Ne is having random connections. nothing to do with reality. you do seem a bit defensive about it all so i wont continue attempting to type you. you see the paragraph you just wrote? everything you say is directed at one point. whilst mine so far, cuts after the second sentence, has one sentence after that about my personal opinion, and then goes onto this. this is Ne. and omg, you've fallen into the P/J dichotomy! P/J is used as a notation to signify whether the T/F of the MBTI type is extroverted or introverted. the rule is that if you are a J type, then your dominant T/F will be extroverted. eg. INFP - its a perceiving therefore Feeling will be introverted. INFJ - judging, so Feeling will be extroverted. the only reason there are P/J organisation stereotypes is that for every J type, their corresponding N/S will be introverted. and when these are introverted, they tend to be less scattered than their extroverted forms because they draw information from within the user, whilst the extroverted version draws information from their environment.

just answer whether you can see a direct correlation between carrots and cruise ships. an Ne wouldve recognized it as a real question.

oh and by saying that you developed a "J" side, I assume you meant you developed whatever your auxiliary function is. therefore, your auxilliary/tertiary function must be either Ni or Si.
Carrots and Cruise Ships! You just took my breath away.
*Collapses on fainting couch*

·
Registered
680 Posts
im starting to think ENFJ now. the only functions im sure she has is Fe and perhaps Ti (only because she has no Te). if she had different interests, i would go more Ti. im not sure whether she has N or S now :S

@Cuervo21 what music do you listen to? (this usually solves problems)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds to me like your preference is thinking before feeling. If you use Fe then you probably use Ti rather than Fi. Ti can seem like Fi in the sense that Ti users can have strong personal principles usually tied to Fe (how the rules affect the larger group/global ethics/how it makes other people feel).

At any rate, I think you're an xNTP.
I do that too lol. hmm maybe Si, Fe, Ti, Ne (ISFJ) because Si isnt as detail oriented as Se and it likes the past and fuzzy things (hence her black and white avatar not looking directly at the camera). Ive noticed N types use more "symbolic" images/scenery as their avatars (introverted), or pictures of themselves with lots of colourful clashing accessories on their face and hands(extroverted). also, her earrings are not very N like.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@choccrunchie --I usually listen to techno, dance or jazz(anything up beat).

As for my earnings, you can't really see them properly in the photo. It's not just a plain circle it has a design in it. And for ISFJ I don't think that my sensing function would be first and my intuition would be last. My intuition is probably second I'm guessing... Oh well, I guess one day I'll wake up and find a green man with an orange hat in front of my door who will help me go to a land far far away and then I could discover my cognitive functions with him... But then it turns out he's and alien who want's to eat me and then I'll have to run away from him. And while I run away from him I'll bump into a three-eyed purple monkey who will ask me for wine. But he'd probably want to eat me too.... *ahem* yeah...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I also wanted to point out that whenever I'm typing to someone over the internet I'm usually formal because I just am... I think I should have made a video instead. :/

Oh and that black and white picture of me was the only photo that I looked decent in. Which is why I am using it as my profile picture... But in most photo's that I take of myself I tend to look away from the camera.(maybe that says something?)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts