Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried and I tried but only feelings and images come to mind and I'm finding it very difficult to translate it all into words. When I do and read it, it's just not congruent with what I had in mind. So if anyone can help out, I'll be happy to paypal you some money... pm me if you're interested.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think a fair few people in here would help you out for free you know.

Have you tried keeping it short but concise instead of long paragraphs? If your skills lie in art and not in writing, would there be no way you could perhaps a small import an image of a piece of art or a drawing you made onto it instead? Pictures often paint a thousand words and it will generate interest, but only if you feel such a thing would be appropiate. When I made mine back in the day, I started out writing only sparse details of perhaps only one or two sentences in each field and then gradually expanded upon each of them over the course of several months as further ideas came.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Here's mine that I used on plenty of fish awhile back. I think in some ways the length scares MOST people away, but usually the ones you wouldn't want anyways. Whenever you figure yours out, post it up and we'll critique it :D.

----------------------------

Hey, my names Rich, I'm a halfer (Filipino / White - CDN).

Right now, I'm working on a double minor in Behavioral Psychology & Criminal Profiling as I intend to go to the Vancouver Police Department. As for my current line of work, I do part time contracting work for my step dad (menial) and on the side I like to do stock trading.

Personality-wise, I'm a naturally curious person and can find some sort of appreciation in even the most trivial things. Go with me to a park and I can be like an overzealous dog that should be let off its leash. I'll pull you around by your hand and look for something to "discover." As silly as it sounds, I like the idea of finding something together that neither of us, and maybe even anyone in the world, has ever experienced before.

As a person, I'm pretty unorthodox, I love being -non-traditional and always taking the road least traveled. I'm a natural thinker and I always love to reflect on things, but also tend to explore other ideas and places. With that in mind, I like to think that everyone is unique and in that sense I'm always curious about someones background and thoughts.

Beyond that though, I'd say I'm a bit of a walking contradiction. It's hard to label myself as anything beyond that. I also get a little irked by the idea of being "predictable" so I try to spice things up a little just to throw people off.

Nonetheless, I have to say I'm not too much of a party-er which is common for people around my age; I'm more of an adventurer type. I prefer private outings and more genuine and sincere experiences. Strangely, the only partying that really appeals to me is the slightly more classy dressed up events, *shrug*.

Shoot me a line if you want to chat about anything, I'm pretty open to anyone.:fishing:
---------

First date:

Dates are always special, it should always focus on the person you're with and their unique characteristics oppose to just a cliche coffee shop or movie. I think it's better to go with the flow and do whatever feels right. Chemistry is always important and sometimes it's immediately there, but other times it may take a bit.

With that said, I think it's wise to go somewhere a little more private, perhaps a park, and go for a walk. From there, it could turn into a meal at an interesting restaurant (not Mc D's) or who knows!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Take out a blank sheet of paper or blank word doc. Stick to single words for now. Make a header titled..."Who I Am". Underneath that list single file words that best describe you, or even ask a friends or relatives to throw out some adjectives.

Next header..."What do I like to do"

Next header.. "What I want/am looking for"

Next header.. "What do I find attractive in the opposite sex"

Stick to single word facts about you, no imagination required. Once you're done, periodically go back to the list, review it a few times, eventually some sentences and stories about you should start to flow, randomly write those down, no need for paragraphs. Look at other's online profiles like the one above until you get a common basic framework and layout in your mind. Eventually you should be able to fit your pieces together, remember that it doesn't need to be your life's story and that nothing is permanent, your profile can be modded overtime as new ideas and thoughts come to you and you receive feedback. Don't be afraid to have others review your end product, most of us have created one of these at one time or another, nothing to be ashamed of. The complete story of you unfolds after you make first contact.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My profile had short sentences. It was kinda all over the place, but that's how I am as an ENFP, so that in itself said something about me. I know you want to put your best foot forward, but remember, the only way you will find someone who will really like you is to show the real you, so don't act too different in your profile just because you think it will impress people.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Maybe describe the pictures you are seeing....? You can even say: "I have an image in my mind...". Practice here, if you want feedback on clarity. If it's too abstract, we may be able to offer suggestions that still keep your vision intact.

You might even try and look at yourself as a character. If you were a character in a book or film, how would you describe that character to someone who has yet to read/see it?

I think relating your thought process is a good thing in profiles - more important than factual info. It gives a better sense of personality, IMO. For an INFP, this may mean talking in concepts & using poetic language rather than stating literal answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts