Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I hope someone can answer this question.

I bought a 9v PSA Adapter by BOSS to power my chorus, reverb and equalizer pedals. But the problem is that the PSA adapter can only be fitted to one pedal. The bloke at the music shop told me to daisy chain the effects pedals together and the PSA adapter will power all of them. But that doesn't seem to be happening - logically, it's impossible. The PSA adapter (to my knowledge anyway) will only power a single effect pedal - the one it's connected to.

But I want to power all of them without having to spend another absurd amount of cash on some guitar effects accessory. I mean it's ABSURD. The PSA adapter cost me 60 aussie dollars and it can only supply power to ONE pedal? Jesus I want to give the Boss technicians a TIGHT SLAP

Any suggestions on how I can maximize the usage of the PSA adapter?

Thank you for reading.

*plays guitar solo*

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
And you're posting for help HERE?

Look at the labels on the pedals and the adapter. If the adapter is putting out 9VDC at 500mw, and each pedal consumes 300-400mw, you aren't going to get satisfactory results "daisy chaining". Unwanted distortion, drop outs, and for the digital effects who knows. Last I knew boss pedals couldn't power each other through the 1/4 inch mono phone plugs, so if that's what the guy at the music store was telling you he's probably bullshitting.

Sorry, but they do make higher-capacity adapters with multiple outputs. For more cash, that is.

One thing you can try is looking for other 9VDC adapters at a thrift shop or something and get the PSA-compatible plugs at an electronics store. If you have access to a soldering iron you can make your own PSA adapters from these parts. Just mind the polarity and make sure the adapters you pick up are putting out enough current (mw).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
And you're posting for help HERE?

Look at the labels on the pedals and the adapter. If the adapter is putting out 9VDC at 500mw, and each pedal consumes 300-400mw, you aren't going to get satisfactory results "daisy chaining". Unwanted distortion, drop outs, and for the digital effects who knows. Last I knew boss pedals couldn't power each other through the 1/4 inch mono phone plugs, so if that's what the guy at the music store was telling you he's probably bullshitting.

Sorry, but they do make higher-capacity adapters with multiple outputs. For more cash, that is.

One thing you can try is looking for other 9VDC adapters at a thrift shop or something and get the PSA-compatible plugs at an electronics store. If you have access to a soldering iron you can make your own PSA adapters from these parts. Just mind the polarity and make sure the adapters you pick up are putting out enough current (mw).
where is the parts??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts