Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone =) (First of all sorry for my english, i am still learning)

I am 19. I am an infj with high ti, fi and low fe. I started college. I am learning computer science. But it doesn't totally satisfy me. And i can't find job that fits me perfectly. I can draw and play violin.I think i can write. My math is very good as well. But there is a missing piece.I love ti so much and i dont like fe as well(i wish i could be an intj). I am good in most of the things i started but this is big obstacle. So what do you recommend? How i can find what i was born for? (Thanks)

·
Registered
173 Posts
You should do something with your Fe and Se. It's an obstacle at first, but it really does feel good and makes you a happier person. INFJ's scoring high on Fi could mean they're having a hard time, in which they often focus on Ni/Ti as well. Some call this a Ni/Ti loop, but that topic is a little controversial.

Finding the right career or purpose as a INFJ.. that's tough. I guess just try your best at everything you're interested in and see where it leads you. I think it's really difficult for INFJ's to find their place in life, sorry to say.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
No one but yourself is going to be able to tell you what job or vocation you're going to find fulfilling... and you might not be able to tell til you're actually doing it. There is some advice that people can give though to help you on your search but you'll still have to go on your own journey to figure it out.

My advice is to think about the things you need on a regular basis, in your daily activities to find fulfillment. Do you want to work w/ groups of co-workers, on own, with people you are helping... directly w/ people you are helping where you interact w/ them one on one like a doctor or customer service... or working on making or providing service were you don't really interact w/ people you are helping ... is it important to be creative? .. are you cool with schedules and structures and working in office, or do you want to travel and have flexible hours... etc. etc. I think when people are young in school thinking about job they tend to just focus on subject matter and pay ( both of which are important) but you should also consider the daily in and out of any job.

Also you should realize that fulfillment doesn't necessarily have to come from one thing. A job might not be very creative... and playing violin and writing might not be easily or likely to be a route for a good income.. but you might find satisfaction by working a job that plays bills and playing violin and writing and such in your free time.

Whatever you end up doing you should realize that the point is to optimize your happiness and well being. There's lots of factors that play into that, not just one factor like money or job security.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. In my country (Turkey) money is important and art isn't valued =( . I should choose something between them. First of all i am starting to develop my Fe. Thanks for advices.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As a fellow INFJ who also learned computer science I would suggest that you don't make the mistakes as me. The world of programming is really amazing as well as challenging which can lead to huge self improvement.
Carrying the "the big picture is a must" but before that you need to get accustomed to the language, the environment. And to do that I would suggest to get totally immersed, take small steps but do take concrete steps. Don't go with the abstract thinking at the begining. Dive deep and then come out of that vast ocean fast enough before you find yourself getting overwhlemed with details. And understand with practical implementations.

Keep practising repeatedly. You need to have balance. Whatever you learn. Try IT HANDS ON you will learn amazing secrets from the mistakes your peers might skip.

As an INFJ, I advise you to Go Full On! Each day!

And as others answers suggested you need your 'Fe' to keep feeling good and not procastinate or get overwhelmed or keep overthinking. Because many a times things might get tedious and seem to go nowhere.

Soon enough the day will come. When you will finally start seeing the beauty. Because till then you would start seeing yourself as an artist with having better skills and be able to create things which would really fullfill your heart and the honesty of the hard work you put in keeping up with today's society.

PS - Don't let your feelings control you!

But if you don't find any satisfaction even after learning things, taking those concrete steps. Then yeah, you should change the stream sooner.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi everyone =) (First of all sorry for my english, i am still learning)

I am 19. I am an infj with high ti, fi and low fe. I started college. I am learning computer science. But it doesn't totally satisfy me. And i can't find job that fits me perfectly. I can draw and play violin.I think i can write. My math is very good as well. But there is a missing piece.I love ti so much and i dont like fe as well(i wish i could be an intj). I am good in most of the things i started but this is big obstacle. So what do you recommend? How i can find what i was born for? (Thanks)
It's not unusual to not find your path yet at 19yo. I remember I didn't know what the heck I wanna do with my life at that age as well. So what I did was I tried my hands at everything that interest me to see what I actually enjoy... and I found my answer in the advertising line as that was an area I could express my creativity. You need to find your passion.

My Fe didn't become developed until I was in my 20s and to a large extent, it was my nieces that brought out my Fe in a beautiful way. Try to just express whatever you feel and not bottle up your feelings and your Fe will blossom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts