Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I had that date last Friday with that girl from school. Things went well. Like REALLY well. For anyone who's not up to speed: she's 20 I'm 32, we went to go see an old school trance DJ named Paul Oakenfold. The music was badass. The drugs were good. The date was REALLY hot. On the way home that night she kept bringing up sex ... so I kept redirecting the conversation ... then she'd redirect it back to sex .. then I'd redirect it back away from sex. I managed to get out of the night without getting to heavy with a 20 year old, but I only half-assed tried to dodge a date she asked me to go on this weekend and I ended up agreeing to take her to see "Dev" this Friday.

So here it is .... should I be good or not. I'm gonna take her to the show. I have a kid whose closer to her age than I am though. I'm kinda more worried about my kids than anything .... but she's so damn HOT and I'm pretty well practiced at hiding things. We all know I'll just end up doing whatever I decide I feel like doing ... but I'm interested in opinions. I'm doing my best to be a grown up here and not let my full game completely out of the bag this soon after me and my ex's break-up, but hell man, I am who I am. Lay those thoughts on me please folks.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Okay so I had that date last Friday with that girl from school. Things went well. Like REALLY well. For anyone who's not up to speed: she's 20 I'm 32, we went to go see an old school trance DJ named Paul Oakenfold. The music was badass. The drugs were good. The date was REALLY hot. On the way home that night she kept bringing up sex ... so I kept redirecting the conversation ... then she'd redirect it back to sex .. then I'd redirect it back away from sex. I managed to get out of the night without getting to heavy with a 20 year old, but I only half-assed tried to dodge a date she asked me to go on this weekend and I ended up agreeing to take her to see "Dev" this Friday.

So here it is .... should I be good or not. I'm gonna take her to the show. I have a kid whose closer to her age than I am though. I'm kinda more worried about my kids than anything .... but she's so damn HOT and I'm pretty well practiced at hiding things. We all know I'll just end up doing whatever I decide I feel like doing ... but I'm interested in opinions. I'm doing my best to be a grown up here and not let my full game completely out of the bag this soon after me and my ex's break-up, but hell man, I am who I am. Lay those thoughts on me please folks.
I think you should do what comes naturally. Is there a good reason you're re-thinking it?

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Where's the conflict? Regardless, make sure whatever patterns that led up to your last break-up (divorce?) are avoided and make sure your child gets enough attention.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responses so far. You guys are already saying what I know. I just needed a little "thumbs up". Things change a bit when you're a dad (not to ruin the surprise for anyone who didn't already know that), and sometimes being a responsible adult and role model get's in the way of natural behavior. I'm a pretty cold bastard for the most part, but I'll admit I have an ultimate soft spot for my kids. They are a bit of a liability when it comes to matters of this nature. The dad in me is fighting a "me" in me, so I just needed a quick push. Thanks :)

Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Thanks for responses so far. You guys are already saying what I know. I just needed a little "thumbs up". Things change a bit when you're a dad (not to ruin the surprise for anyone who didn't already know that), and sometimes being a responsible adult and role model get's in the way of natural behavior. I'm a pretty cold bastard for the most part, but I'll admit I have an ultimate soft spot for my kids. They are a bit of a liability when it comes to matters of this nature. The dad in me is fighting a "me" in me, so I just needed a quick push. Thanks :)
Yeah I would say that it's important to remember that drugs can get custody taken away whereas having sex with a 20 year old won't.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I would say that it's important to remember that drugs can get custody taken away whereas having sex with a 20 year old won't.
I'm on it ... thanx Tux I'll be careful ;)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Tap that thang' Pysphon, reveal your primal urges and howl like a wolf!! Lulz

Also, you sure you know to wear a condom? Having a kid close to her age, AND being under the influence of drugs, it seems like it might slip your mind, and bam another baby pysphon! :)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
It seems to me you're edgy about something familial happening if you bring her into it.
...Something about your so-
OHGODEW.
Well, if you're into that sort of thing?...
..The images.
Eyebleach! Thank god I don't have any pictures of you or your son, or this would be worse, I'd be imagining people and not action figures/dolls.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems to me you're edgy about something familial happening if you bring her into it.
...Something about your so-
OHGODEW.
Well, if you're into that sort of thing?...
..The images.
Eyebleach! Thank god I don't have any pictures of you or your son, or this would be worse, I'd be imagining people and not action figures/dolls.
Well their daughters not sons, and if you really want pictures I've got them posted of both me and my kids in this forum :p (for the record I look like my avatar)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Well their daughters not sons, and if you really want pictures I've got them posted of both me and my kids in this forum :p (for the record I look like my avatar)
Nothanks, I'd rather not... imagine that.
But then why would you be that concerned about "bringing her into the family"?
The age limit for clubbing normally is 25+, people above that usually have an issue (more issues than usual).
I said people, not ENTP, by the way.

Speaking of, since you have more recent view of the popular trends, how many people are wearing "Hippie Clothing"? I might not be a hipster anymore, but I still like tracking trends, so I can laugh at hipsters and troll them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothanks, I'd rather not... imagine that.
But then why would you be that concerned about "bringing her into the family"?
The age limit for clubbing normally is 25+, people above that usually have an issue (more issues than usual).
I said people, not ENTP, by the way.

Speaking of, since you have more recent view of the popular trends, how many people are wearing "Hippie Clothing"? I might not be a hipster anymore, but I still like tracking trends, so I can laugh at hipsters and troll them.
Well I'm not really so worried about "bringing her into the family". It's more of a thing about them all ALWAYS wanting to meet my kids eventually. I have NO serious intentions regarding a girl this young, but she's a school project partner and my grade depends on her to a certain extent. Sides that I REALLY have a tendency to just "go with the flow" when it's up to me ... so you never really know what's gonna happen. Funny thing is that my daughter who's almost 13 years old loves to give me advise and be "the parent" because she knows dad's "how he is". I don't know. I wanna do what I want ... I just don't wanna screw my kids up is all.

In the clubs I usually go to no one is wearing hippie shit. I usually hit up the more EDM style clubs though so the scene's a little more "heavier drug" oriented and not so much "college, yuppie, beer pong" level so I have a slightly skewed perspective. I really think things are pretty heavily embedded into the mid 80's right now stylistically speaking though. I keep looking around going "fuck, it was bad the first time (because I remember), and it's just as bad now".

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Well I'm not really so worried about "bringing her into the family". It's more of a thing about them all ALWAYS wanting to meet my kids eventually. I have NO serious intentions regarding a girl this young, but she's a school project partner and my grade depends on her to a certain extent. Sides that I REALLY have a tendency to just "go with the flow" when it's up to me ... so you never really know what's gonna happen. Funny thing is that my daughter who's almost 13 years old loves to give me advise and be "the parent" because she knows dad's "how he is". I don't know. I wanna do what I want ... I just don't wanna screw my kids up is all.

In the clubs I usually go to no one is wearing hippie shit. I usually hit up the more EDM style clubs though so the scene's a little more "heavier drug" oriented and not so much "college, yuppie, beer pong" level so I have a slightly skewed perspective. I really think things are pretty heavily embedded into the mid 80's right now stylistically speaking though. I keep looking around going "fuck, it was bad the first time (because I remember), and it's just as bad now".
Well, look at it this way. If you invite her to meet the family, it'd make an awesome sitcom episode.

Also look at it this way, fashion and music usually regresses back a couple of decades before erupting forward.
Meaning... something new is coming.
Let's hope it's not neo-punk cyber fashionism.
Or heads will roll.

·
Banned
613 Posts

12 years is not that big a difference. My girlfriends in recent years have been 17-20 yrs younger. But I don’t have kids, so I was actually hoping she’d get knocked-up and decide to keep it. You’re doing fine, except maybe too many marriages, I was widowed young but I honored my vows "till death do us part". 20-yr old girls eventually want to get married & have kids, if you can’t offer her that then it’s a waste of time, but hopefully time well spent:tongue:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
12 years is not that big a difference. My girlfriends in recent years have been 17-20 yrs younger. But I don’t have kids, so I was actually hoping she’d get knocked-up and decide to keep it. You’re doing fine, except maybe too many marriages, I was widowed young but I honored my vows "till death do us part". 20-yr old girls eventually want to get married & have kids, if you can’t offer her that then it’s a waste of time, but hopefully time well spent:tongue:
It's not really the age gap thing so much. I mean my second wife was 10 years older than me. It's more the "kids" thing I'd say.

Are you sure ? 100% sure ?
No definitely not 100%. Well I guess more accurately we could say she 90% knows how dad is, but only 25% knows what dad does.

Reactions: IDontThinkSo

·
Registered
545 Posts
I mean you can always just hit that and quit that gosh.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay Okay ... I know what I have to do. Thanks guys :p

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Let it flow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts